Fiat Linea 113 10.68%
Chevrolet Cruze 89 8.41%
Toyota Fortuner 105 9.92%
Skoda Superb 40 3.78%
Mercedes Benz E Class 6 0.57%
Voters: 1058. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th December 2009, 11:41   #166
BHPian

I wonder how many people who have voted for the NANO would want to buy one in the current form, if given a chance.
civic-sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 12:07   #167
BHPian

None other than "NANO", the car for the mases. Kudos to the Tata engineers for bringing up a wonderful car and trying to make dream come true for most of mases in India to own a car .

Punto takes the second place.
Jaizcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 12:16   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I wonder how many people who have voted for the NANO would want to buy one in the current form, if given a chance.
I've voted for the Nano but the people who buy the Nano are people who are currently using two wheelers as family transport. If you're better off than that, then the Nano would never come under consideration for purchase anyway (unless you want it for the cool feel or something). So put it this way: Those of us who voted for the Nano think that its a great car for those who can't stretch for an Alto but need a car to transport the family.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 15:36   #169
BHPian

I voted for the Nano. But having voted for it i would like to say that Nano with the black bumper is as ugly as the Nano Europa is beautiful. Teammates have a look at the red Nano with black bumpers- its as ugly as sin !
rxpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 23:02   #170
Senior - BHPian

I do not have any second thought. Its Fiat's Grande Punto IMO.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 00:18   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
I voted for the Nano. But having voted for it i would like to say that Nano with the black bumper is as ugly as the Nano Europa is beautiful. Teammates have a look at the red Nano with black bumpers- its as ugly as sin !
I agree! But for someone on a budget, I suppose that's a price worth paying for the comfort and safety of a car.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 00:57   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Not really sure what you mean by "Given a Chance". I mean if you are willing to fork the 1 lakh odd at least 99% of the people in india would compete.

Jokes aside, if I were in the market for a small car, I would definitely consider it for daily use like office commute, local shopping, etc. especially within the city.

Some thoughts after reading numerous other posts from nano haters

Congested roads? - It might help if you don't drive bigger cars
Pollution? - Nano pollutes lesser than some two wheelers around
Status Symbol? - It wouldn't matter if you are either currently driving a two wheeler or already own a bigger car.
Looks? - Though looks are subjective, Nano has got the x-factor which is going to be good for quite a while

Future..?

NANO Auto - I wish TATA makes plain nano's without doors so that it could replace an auto.

NANO Convertible - Make it with a soft top. It would cost less and it could be sold for less

NANO Trucks - Make the back row as a cabin in a convertible. It could haul between 1/4 to 1/3 ton or a little more.

TATA have a wonderful product(rather a platform) at their hand and this is why it is a phenomenon and definitely deserving 2009 iCOTY.
gshanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 10:24   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Some thoughts after reading numerous other posts from nano haters
People who did not vote for Nano does not automatically qualify as Nano haters, I hope. To me, my Car of the Year should be the car which I would want to buy and not what I think somebody else (read, the masses), should end up buying. Anyway, that is my view.

BTW, I would like to pick up a nano if it comes with safety equipment (crumble zones, abs, airbags), quality materials, a bigger engine and an auto tranny, even for triple the price.
civic-sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 10:40   #174
BHPian

Quote:
People who did not vote for Nano does not automatically qualify as Nano haters, I hope.
I only addressed some of thoughts to nano haters. Never gotten around to specifying the criteria for "nano haters". But you go ahead.

Quote:
To me, my Car of the Year should be the car which I would want to buy and not what I think somebody else (read, the masses), should end up buying. Anyway, that is my view.
May be you are in the wrong thread. This is team bhp car of the year 2009.

Quote:
BTW, I would like to pick up a nano if it comes with safety equipment (crumble zones, abs, airbags), quality materials, a bigger engine and an auto tranny, even for triple the price.
May be soon if you don't mind the wait. But it would not be a bad choice. I hope by that time they come up with a better engine
Old 31st December 2009, 10:47   #175
Senior - BHPian

Echoing the MASSES here - its gotta be the NANO!!!

1 small car from India - 1 Giant leap for the Auto World

Edit - Yes, I will surely buy the Nano once it comes off the shelf and not out of a lottery box. Hope to make space in the garage by then.

Last edited by svsantosh : 31st December 2009 at 10:48.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 10:55   #176
BHPian

Even though I own another car that is also a contender in this poll, I would vote for the Nano.
Its just a breakthrough!!
gods-envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 11:03   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post

May be you are in the wrong thread. This is team bhp car of the year 2009.
With all due respect gshanky : the car of the year is chosen by BHPians. I quote Dippy from the first post:

Quote:
Kickstarting this year, YOU, the BHPian, will choose the Team-BHP Car of the Year.
I think everybody has the right to give a reason about "why" they have voted for a particular car.

Let's not get too personal about this and respect each other's opinion.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 11:53   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
With all due respect gshanky : the car of the year is chosen by BHPians. I quote Dippy from the first post:

I think everybody has the right to give a reason about "why" they have voted for a particular car.
I agree. It would have been really nice if the esteemed BHPian had given any reason about why he voted for a particular car.
Old 31st December 2009, 13:19   #179
JLS
BHPian

Hi All,
My observation and analysis:
1. Three top ranks in this list - Nano, Puntoo, Linea - all available from Tata Showroom
2. Total votes polled cars available from Tata Showroom(so far) - 40.84%(Nano), 15.52% (Punto), 10.49% (Linea) and 6.29 (Manza) = 73.14

Tata has really got good share of attention from a very active and vibrant community like Team BHP.

I personnaly expected Manza to run a close second to Nano(looking at very serious attention and debates it has generated here), but seems that with all the attention it got here, Manza could not convetr it into votes - may be a late entry in year?

With regards,

JLS
JLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 15:13   #180
BHPian

TATA Nano for me. It got the cutest looks, tremendous VFM and I guess it will make whole of india to move on, like FIAT500 was for Italy, Beetle for Germans....
mahadev_kc is offline   Reply With Quote