Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th August 2005, 00:08   #31
BHPian

hey wait a minute...

what about the indica ad...where the guy gets beaten up for everything he does (and doesn't do). brilliant ad and brilliant performance from the actor as well...
cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 00:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
Kuch Log Sumo Chalate Hai

Hahaha I knew you would go with this one
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 00:24   #33
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone remember this Ad from USA... Da Da Da... Da Da Da...
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 00:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
hey wait a minute...

what about the indica ad...where the guy gets beaten up for everything he does (and doesn't do). brilliant ad and brilliant performance from the actor as well...

man....i absolutely forgot this one...
this has to go into the list of one of the best ads ever!!!
amitverma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 00:52   #35
BHPian

Got to give it to TATA's.
Be it the Estate's "duty par jaana hai" to Sierra's possessed cage to indica's "knock outs and the Dicor doing side runs. I think TATA's have been consistently very creative with their advertisements.

Optra's & Skoda's are also very good. Especially the old one which had "I am your prayer" and the skoda's romantic boot. Luv them too.
Tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 01:47   #36
BHPian

Nice thread ! My vote goes to the skoda ad as well followed by the indica ...
So what if the rear seat is little cramped ... After all they ve given us that massive trunk to enjoy and people who wanna spend more time over there just needs to fit two A/C vents and thats it ... Enjoy

p.s After seeing the ad ,i dont think anyone should really complain bout the cramped rear , just think bout the extreme rear with those rear seat declined (j.k)
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 02:07   #37
Senior - BHPian

while we are on the subject of ads. , how can i post videos of some nice car ads....?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 04:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes to the Optra ads.Hats off to them for creating such a furore even before its launch.And also the tagline 'A celebration called Life'.Very practical ads IMO.
Second would be the Skoda ads.Beautiful ones.

X
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 13:00   #39
cnu
BHPian

Out of the listed options, I like the skoda ad and then the new alto ad..

But how can we forget the M800 ad "papa.. kee karein... petrol khatam hi nahin hotah"
the concept was simply superb......
cnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 13:26   #40
BHPian

Alto new.
Pretty nice how they turn what could have been a nasty domestic scuffle(notice the way the girl's face darkens when the dude asks for tea repeatedly?) into a nice outing and related pleasures. Plus the song is just great.

The old alto ad was asinine. imho.

The Skoda ad is so-so. Kissing ppl is fine but kissing the car? huh?!

and yeah cream, "Must Be True" Tata Indica is just the best one in recent times.

While on the subject, the Sumo ad did'nt make much sense to me....The voice over goes to say that some people handle responsibilities and some people drive Sumo. Hmm...fine. But are these the same people or mutually exclusive people? The tagline seems (at least to me) to suggest mutual exclusivity.

Of course, the best ad I've ever seen for a car is the Honda ad (cogs moving setting up a chain reaction with car parts...). Just wow!
xezas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 13:28   #41
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It would have to be the optra ad since the skoda ad espouses the VW brand values,,or basically the GERMAN car industry as a whole,,since they have been obsessed with quality since Karl Benz started out in 1886,,and one does not expect anything less from a german car,,
snoopy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 16:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

Alto new(Blue Alto in the rain)- A trully refreshing AD! The Concept, the location and the music above all is great.

Hyundai & Chevrolet launched their respective Brands through innovative TV ADs. Remember the Hyundai Series of ADs with Sharukh Khan? where a Korean would approach Sharukh for endorsing their Brand? that was a good one.

Chevrolet related itself very well with the Indian Customer thro it's 'Im ur Prayer" ,"Karva Chauth " & the Tavera ADs..the Music is superb in thy Chevy Ads.

Indigo Marina...this is a good one too..'coz who could hav thought of showcasing a Estate car with just 2 ppl?

Oops how did I forget the Scorpio ADs!! The ADs trully launched the Car as a Global Product.

..but the worst AD is the BP Speed AD where Naren Karthikeyan drives a Optra crazily-Talent wasted & 0% creativity. I mean how could they show Naren driving irresponsibly on Public Roads?

cheers
kishore
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 17:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
hey wait a minute...

That one is a gem! Awesome!
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 18:07   #44
BHPian

Yeah even i forgot about the indica ad, its great one. TATA have been very creative.
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 18:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, I liked the the Safari ad where they show a couple of guys in a roller coaster where they couldn't be bothered. And then they go nutters in the Safari, also a few seconds worth of mid air footage. I think it was the petrol Safari. Of course, it's a different issue that the Safari probably fell into pieces as soon as it landed.

I like the background score and the cinematography in the Avenger ad too, just that the bike disappoints when compared to the ad. The Optra married ritual ad suits their tagline.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote