Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 6th November 2009, 02:08   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Attachment 222158

Why go for the Manza platform when they have the one from safari which is better suited for the job. Also, looking at the pics the rear overhang does look shorter than that of manza and the indicruz is also bigger in size.
So it has to be the same one as Safari or possibly a new platform that will be shared with the upcoming Safari replacement.
I could be wrong, but you need to consider what i said within the context of pricing the car in 6-8 lakhs. IMO using the safari platform and then pricing it in 6-8 lakhs would not be practical, that's why sumo grande is still sticking with sumo platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Guys what are you talking Manza platform please go through entire thread. This is going to be a body on ladder chasis much like the safari and comon diemnsions are completely different!
Well now dimensions are a different thing altogether. And again, what i said was from a pricing and economies of scale standpoint. But again I might be wrong. But do you know if safari (next gen) and indicruz share the same platform?
Old 6th November 2009, 11:34   #737
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Do we have any confirmation on the Indicruz pricing, I have heard all kinds of reports right from the shock pricing (6-8L - unlikely) to Luxury pricing (13-14L - equally unlikely).

It is easy to say that it could be 10L or so, but any real clues, could they give us a positive shocker like the Toyota fortuner / Chevrolet Cruz or a negative shocker like all the Honda Launches this year.
Old 6th November 2009, 12:11   #738
Senior - BHPian

All the SUV/MUV/Pickup platforms are somewhat the same - Tatamobile pickup first launched in 1987 being the base which has spawned all the derevatives.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:33   #739
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
All the SUV/MUV/Pickup platforms are somewhat the same - Tatamobile pickup first launched in 1987 being the base which has spawned all the derevatives.
The TATA Sumo (Earlier Sumo and not the Grande which is inspired by it.) and The TATA Safari suspension and chassis are both spun off from similar origins but are significantly different even in the chassis area. The wt difference of 500 kgs between the two was not just for the creature comforts of the safari, the engines infact were the same TCIC block.
Old 6th November 2009, 15:00   #740
Senior - BHPian

ACM I suppose you are adding what I am saying?
Old 6th November 2009, 20:32   #741
BHPian

Good catch Mpz,but this is not a Tata Indicruz ,It an Nissan Serena.It's good to see that Nissan is serious about our market and bringing new cars

Mods Please start a new thread for Nissian serena.
Old 7th November 2009, 14:30   #742
BANNED

can we have some real inside spy news of this new safari/MUV from tata and its pricing as well, with looking at current safari range i dont think new safari would be priced below this but there might be some improvement along with new added features and gadgets with some more price increase.
Old 15th November 2009, 12:17   #743
BHPian

indicruz is sure going to be a tough competition to innova especially since i heard from my sources that its price is going to be very less.
Old 15th November 2009, 23:58   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
indicruz is sure going to be a tough competition to innova especially since i heard from my sources that its price is going to be very less.
Can you give any more pointers on how Indicruz is going to be spec'ed and positioned in the market as well?
Old 16th November 2009, 02:38   #745
BHPian

I just the checked the ACI November edition where they had listed about 40 cars coming in for 2010. There is no talk of the new/upgraded Safari. Is it like their sources have not got any news on that or the launch is delayed further?

Can someone with insider information clarify?
Old 16th November 2009, 16:11   #746
Team-BHP Support

ACI has published the expected starting price as 7L as opposed to the discussion going here for 10+. It actually is a MPV so those postponing their new SUV purchase decisions should rethink.
Old 17th November 2009, 09:25   #747
Senior - BHPian

(disclaimer: read this post carefully before further comments with respect to this.)
  • The pics that you see here is of my collection.
  • Look carefully at the first pic, and you can see a black box over the porsche brochures.
  • Now in the second pic, that black box which is placed vertically has a pre-launch brown coloured brochure (still under development-managed to get it before), which has ONLY 6 undisguised official pics of an unnamed T-branded vehicle, no specs/ features.
  • I CANNOT open this due to security concerns or else I will be in big, big trouble, though I can show the book by its cover as clicked here.
  • Putting these photos in this thread means that you people should understand what vehicle I am talking about but a request to you all that on commenting with respect to this post, do not mention the name of vehicle directly.
  • AND do not ask me any further questions.
  • At a suitable time that book will be opened.
  • Sorry this time, just a lil longer wait may be fruitful....
Attached Thumbnails
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-dsc03538.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-dsc03543.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-dsc03544.jpg  

Old 17th November 2009, 10:13   #748
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sid, that's an awesome trailer of a Suspense movie!!! :-)

Give us atleast one info - Approximate time of box opening? Do we need to wait days/weeks/months?
Old 17th November 2009, 10:20   #749
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Hey Sid, that's an awesome trailer of a Suspense movie!!! :-)

Give us atleast one info - Approximate time of box opening? Do we need to wait days/weeks/months?
Sid exactly the question I had, approx date of the box opening, will you in the background open the entire box at one shot on a snap a month?
Old 17th November 2009, 10:56   #750
BHPian

Sid, This is like viral marketing man. You rock!
Please let us know when can we expect the book opening ceremony
Closed Thread