Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 08:18   #811
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,152
Thanked: 2,456 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The Fortuner shook up the segment and now we need Tata/Mahindra to take the game to Toyota. I suspect Mahindra will fire first with their new *World* SUV. Hope Tata's join the fray with some help from Land Rover !!
The Fortuner is ladder chassis based like the Safari, Innova, Indicruz, xylo, scorpio, while the M&M W201 project is monocoque based, so will be more CRV/ Captiva like rather than being a fortuner competitor, it is also M&M's first vehicle of this type and is hence likely to be about 85% cooked when it is launched, and will /may (based on past record - like Xylo - which was easier to work on as it used the same chassis structure) require some work again within a year of launch.

The hard choice if TATA do a good job with the Indicruz / Xover project and if they provided 4X4 with it will be choosing between it, the fortuner or waiting for the new Safari - All within about 7L difference OTR.
ACM is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 12:15   #812
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 275
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The 3rd black box-the plane's transponder

This is what I have just received
  • a foot long media T-branded third teaser brochure (still under development)
  • even better pics ONLY of some T-branded vehicles
  • no specs/ features yet
  • cannot be opened, of course due to security concerns
  • I have manipulated the cover as it exposed something, not allowed to be shown here.
  • DO NOT ask anything please. Call me lucky whatsoever, but hey anonymous, I owe you a treat.
What are we supposed to make out of this??? I can hardly decipher this.
an_and is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 12:26   #813
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,077
Thanked: 639 Times
Default

I'm simply passing on what i heard. A friend of my friend (sorry!) works on the indicruz "ECU" project or so. His take was that the indicruz will cost more than the innova. Now that doesnt answer whether its going to positioned above innova and whether the top end indicruz is going to cost mroe than the top end innova etc. A generic statement is all i got.
Nilesh5417 is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 12:30   #814
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I'm simply passing on what i heard. A friend of my friend (sorry!) works on the indicruz "ECU" project or so. His take was that the indicruz will cost more than the innova. Now that doesnt answer whether its going to positioned above innova and whether the top end indicruz is going to cost mroe than the top end innova etc. A generic statement is all i got.
so more or less it seems that new indicruz would be positioned around innova and mght be upwards to that too.
vijaythacker is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 12:34   #815
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

4X4 no doubt it is a refresh I am confused as to why there is so much discussion about it here when the pics are clearly showing the current safari with changes as you stated. Been seeing reading this speculation on the thread for weeks after the pics. Folks by spending so much time speculating whether it is a new car or refresh is not going to change things! cheers getting a bit stale now
canonball is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 13:35   #816
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The 3rd black box-the plane's transponder

This is what I have just received
  • a foot long media T-branded third teaser brochure (still under development)
  • even better pics ONLY of some T-branded vehicles
  • no specs/ features yet
  • cannot be opened, of course due to security concerns
  • I have manipulated the cover as it exposed something, not allowed to be shown here.
  • DO NOT ask anything please. Call me lucky whatsoever, but hey anonymous, I owe you a treat.
Hey sid if my nerves don't hold up against the suspense, you will b charged for homicide
drsk is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 18:40   #817
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,974
Thanked: 2,497 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
4X4 no doubt it is a refresh I am confused as to why there is so much discussion about it here when the pics are clearly showing the current safari with changes as you stated. Been seeing reading this speculation on the thread for weeks after the pics. Folks by spending so much time speculating whether it is a new car or refresh is not going to change things! cheers getting a bit stale now
It is a 10 year old platform and currently the flagship product of Tata. So I guess people are hoping to see the next generation Safari. But it appears that Tata is focused on the Indicruz and Safari update has taken a back seat except for a few *Mighty Muscular* type upgrades.
4x4addict is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 20:01   #818
BHPian
 
Sudan_NFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 759
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I'm simply passing on what i heard. A friend of my friend (sorry!) works on the indicruz "ECU" project or so. His take was that the indicruz will cost more than the innova. Now that doesnt answer whether its going to positioned above innova and whether the top end indicruz is going to cost mroe than the top end innova etc. A generic statement is all i got.
I fear whether Indicruz will be a success when priced above or along with Innova.As far as I feel people might tend to lean on Innova than tata because of their Quality,reliability and reputation which Toyota has earned,you can see the monthly sales of Innova where you can see innova sells almost double than what Xylo sells, even though Xylo cost very less than Innova.Most of them here will accept that Tata's first release of their product will have some kind of defects(latest is Sumo Grande(not MKII)), if we consider this point then TATA should price it correctly.

I strongly feel that TATA should price Indicurz below Innova and may be their top end along side of lower version of Innova to catch market by more per car.

P.s:No offense to TATA lovers

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 24th November 2009 at 20:03.
Sudan_NFS is offline  
Old 24th November 2009, 20:01   #819
BHPian
 
mpescatori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 39
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

If "Mighty Muscular" means a new engine with possibly 170-200 bhp, possibly as a 3.0 litre+ V6, I'm in for one !

If all it means is new color patterns and seat covers... 8^(
mpescatori is offline  
Old 25th November 2009, 16:35   #820
BHPian
 
aditya79india's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DELHI
Posts: 253
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

sidindicaji, give us your next teaser. drsk might be very close to suicide.
aditya79india is offline  
Old 25th November 2009, 17:36   #821
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,705
Thanked: 3,845 Times
Default

That was the last one. That book has also been returned.

The IndiCruz really is a looker, and has an really upscale interior, at least on the photos (what I had), but don't expect innova levels of fit and finish.
The spy pics showed something "innova-with-a-vistaesque front end", but the overall look is much better.
Overall, when you will see the metal at the auto expo, you will surely love it.
Its unlike ANY Tata you have seen or felt or heard before.

The safari will also be SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded, thats what I am promised.

That clears all the speculations, so don't expect anything more from me.

But I have also heard that the Nano Europa will be displayed at the expo, but this is not confirmed.

So, to summarize, do not spread any rumors or any speculations of the cars to be displayed by Tata. The best thing -just wait till January 5 and hope that all the doubts are cleared.
sidindica is online now  
Old 25th November 2009, 22:51   #822
BHPian
 
ananth_iy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 244
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
That was the last one. That book has also been returned.

The IndiCruz really is a looker, and has an really upscale interior, at least on the photos (what I had), but don't expect innova levels of fit and finish.
The spy pics showed something "innova-with-a-vistaesque front end", but the overall look is much better.
Overall, when you will see the metal at the auto expo, you will surely love it.
Its unlike ANY Tata you have seen or felt or heard before.

The safari will also be SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded, thats what I am promised.

That clears all the speculations, so don't expect anything more from me.

But I have also heard that the Nano Europa will be displayed at the expo, but this is not confirmed.

So, to summarize, do not spread any rumors or any speculations of the cars to be displayed by Tata. The best thing -just wait till January 5 and hope that all the doubts are cleared.
Sidindica, Tata has not dabbled in automatics thus far. Do you feel we will see them bucking the trend with the Indicruz?
ananth_iy is offline  
Old 26th November 2009, 10:25   #823
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

Ananth my question exactly any auto options?
canonball is offline  
Old 26th November 2009, 10:47   #824
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 288
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Things which are clear

1. Indicruz in January
2. New Van in January

Things which are not

Safari will be SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded. But WHEN..???

Sid would you please shed some light on this
columbus is offline  
Old 26th November 2009, 13:37   #825
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Things which are clear

1. Indicruz in January
2. New Van in January

Things which are not

Safari will be SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded. But WHEN..???

Sid would you please shed some light on this
i guess, what SID cleared is all these news would be out and showcased in Auto Expo 2010,probably Safari as well.So lets wait and see if any more spy shots are available before then.
vijaythacker is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta _raVan_ The Indian Car Scene 702 30th June 2015 14:24
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6 JRAJE The Indian Car Scene 126 4th March 2015 15:22
Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 682 22nd July 2011 22:39
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39 awarty The Indian Car Scene 913 25th September 2008 20:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks