Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 25th September 2012, 12:31   #301
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail Sedan & Hatch spied testing *Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 &

Pricing looks bit tricky for Sail hatch.

It has to be positioned above Beat D, but at the same time, pricing should be competitive also.

IMHO Figo Titanium pricing is segment benchmark for diesel hatch with safety kit.

Even considering all positive aspects , this car should not expect much premium compare to Figo /Liva/Ritz/Vista.

Only way to co-exist with Beat D, is to discontinue top-end version of Beat D, and provide ABS in middle version in Beat D.
Old 25th September 2012, 15:10   #302
BANNED

Default Re: SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail Sedan & Hatch spied testing *Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 &

why the hell on earth manufacturers think to place those power window switches next to gear levels over there, i mean why not to provide those switches to its regular positioning at drivers side door??
scoop shots shows the rear seats spacious and comfort as well along with the extended longish rear door.
Old 26th September 2012, 01:24   #303
BHPian

The Sail has got a nice rear and seems like would be available with a lot of color option. White, beige, red and now wine has been spotted. Even the silver too black has to be their and well if it has so many options then blue would obviously be their!
Old 28th September 2012, 22:00   #304
BHPian

Here is the video review by Autocar.
http://www.autocarindia.com/Video/31...eo-review.aspx

Interestingly they say this is the multijet in the best state of tune in India.
Petrol impresses too. So it does take the King (swift) head on when it comes to performance. Handling though not great seems to be decent enough and from what they go on to say, it implies that this may well be the benchmark of the segment when it comes to ride.
This is getting interesting. I hope we get to see a comprehensive Tbhp review soon.
Old 29th September 2012, 01:11   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs
Here is the video review by Autocar.
http://www.autocarindia.com/Video/31...eo-review.aspx

Interestingly they say this is the multijet in the best state of tune in India.
Petrol impresses too. So it does take the King (swift) head on when it comes to performance. Handling though not great seems to be decent enough and from what they go on to say, it implies that this may well be the benchmark of the segment when it comes to ride.
This is getting interesting. I hope we get to see a comprehensive Tbhp review soon.
Its indeed getting interesting! Chevrolet will surely change the game and It seems like enthusiasts are going to give it a thumbs up. Chevrolet has got a great car. Just hit the right price an they might change the market but I just wish it gets better interiors specially the steering wheel!
Old 29th September 2012, 16:36   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD

Its indeed getting interesting! Chevrolet will surely change the game and It seems like enthusiasts are going to give it a thumbs up. Chevrolet has got a great car. Just hit the right price an they might change the market but I just wish it gets better interiors specially the steering wheel!
Did you even watch the review ? It clearly says this is NOT a car which enthusiasts are going to like. This is more of a Point A to Point B commuter with a good ride. Unless Chevy prices it around Figo - it's going to be as big a dud as the UVA.
Old 29th September 2012, 22:45   #307
Senior - BHPian

No matter how uninteresting the car may appear visually, it will definitely bring in decent numbers, considering that it has the 1.3 Fiat engine and is apparently tuned brilliantly by Chevrolet with almost no turbo-lag from what I have understood seeing the ACI video review. The petrol seemed just about average and the interiors are as bland as the exterior looks with interior space being a huge plus point for the Sail.

The question comes down to pricing. Since the Beat D is slightly cheaper than the Figo, I doubt that the Sail will compete with the Figo but instead would be at par with the Ritz and Vista and in that case Chevrolet really need to have a good strategy to sell the Sail.
Old 29th September 2012, 23:02   #308
BHPian

I guess pricing is going to be tricky. They will have to start the Sail UVA off from where the Beat diesel ends. Cant afford to price it too high. Get the pricing right and we may see it doing decent numbers as people will have now have a choice to escape the high waiting period of the swift and enjoy the same engine in a better state of tune too.

That said the interiors are a let down. How I wish they were a bit more inspiring. BTW any news of the sedan? Cant see much on that anywhere.
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:57   #309
BHPian

Saw this one on the Mumbai-Pune express way today.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121003_155726.png
Views: 2611
Size:  378.9 KB
Old 9th October 2012, 09:32   #310
BHPian

Has anyone seen any type of media communication from GM on when they plan to launch this car? I see numerous articles on Chevy Sail but no firm date as of now.
Old 9th October 2012, 09:41   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Has anyone seen any type of media communication from GM on when they plan to launch this car? I see numerous articles on Chevy Sail but no firm date as of now.
I don't know of any media communication, but an accomplice associated with GM, has hinted at a very probable Diwali launch for the hatch to be followed by the sedan towards December end.
Old 9th October 2012, 10:17   #312
Senior - BHPian

I too saw the Sail sedan on Pune Mumbai expressway. Two cars way too fast to follow, zigzaging around the otherwise normal traffic. Guess Chevy wants to check the steering response as well as the probable accident handling capabilities!
Old 9th October 2012, 11:31   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Saw this one on the Mumbai-Pune express way today.
That one looks like a figo that too almost an identical red color, only differential being the curved rear windshield. So a lot of launches this Diwali.

So another Fiat diesel powered car in India. No wonder Fiat are not so enthused in selling their cars, they are minting money with the engine
Old 9th October 2012, 14:39   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
why the hell on earth manufacturers think to place those power window switches next to gear levels over there, i mean why not to provide those switches to its regular positioning at drivers side door??
scoop shots shows the rear seats spacious and comfort as well along with the extended longish rear door.
Lower cost. You need to provide fewer switches as mid mounted ones can be shared by driver and passenger. I guess it helps to reduce wiring length and complexity too.
Old 9th October 2012, 14:57   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
So another Fiat diesel powered car in India. No wonder Fiat are not so enthused in selling their cars, they are minting money with the engine
Fiat will not make any money in royalties. Fiat shared the technology of this engine with GM years ago, after the failed merger.

In India, GM itself will manufacture this engine.
Closed Thread