Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 16:27   #46
BHPian
 
sharma_sanjeevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 570
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Hope one of them is not me, as I wrote that very sarcastically after seeing a statement 'Fiat is doomed', reason being Manza. That too from a distinguished bhpian.
+1 to that, i think, one should refrain giving these type of comments for a company being doomed, that too without any supporting reason.

May be the sales are down due to the FIAT plant shut for maintenance, hope they will take measures to increase the sales in the New Year and with new variants, lets hope for the best.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 17:05   #47
BHPian
 
brar.arsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PATIALA/CHD/PUNE/Noida
Posts: 107
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

I think no one will go for MANZA who was looking for Linea.
brar.arsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 19:20   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 582
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

I have plans to go for punto in coming aug 10 . I really don,t think that FIAT will again go off from Indian market. They have invested hugely in RJ facility. Unfortunately previously they have wrong partners but this Time , they are here to stay . They just need to improve on their Service.

In addition , Manza and punto are both meant for Different Customer segment . Somebody looking at Punto will never go for manza so eating into each others sales is out of question for both.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 21:49   #49
BHPian
 
worldcrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

People not willing to put their money on linea or punto just because of tata cars which are priced more competitively is not true IMO.

Let me put it in this way - it's not that people are not willing to buy them but just that they are delaying the purchase as of now by speculating better models ( you know now a days a major portion of car buyers do their research on net and the scoops of better models be it backed by proofs or mere speculation affects a lot of them ) .

Proof of this concept :

Well there are couple of my colleagues including me ( the count is 3 now ) waiting for Fiat to announce some better Punto models . If they launch it , we will take it as new years gift! and if they don't we will go ahead and by the 1.3 E+ .

The same thing applies to couple of seniors , who were ready to buy Linea 1.3 VGT E+ but I only informed them about better models which may come in Auto Expo . So they have delayed their purchase.

These reasons alone may have contributed to lower sales of Punto + Linea.
worldcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 14:11   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
HammerHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Goan in Pune
Posts: 1,093
Thanked: 210 Times
Talking Manza or Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by brar.arsh View Post
I think no one will go for MANZA who was looking for Linea.
These cars are for different segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
In addition , Manza and punto are both meant for Different Customer segment . Somebody looking at Punto will never go for manza so eating into each others sales is out of question for both.
Yeah that was true till Dec. 25th when Fiat offered upto 30K discount on GP. After the latest price increase by Fiat it will become more difficult for first time car buyers and if that car will be the only car in the family, to decide between GP or Manza!!

For reference here is the On-Road price (Pune) for GP 1.4 E+ and Manza Saffire +

Manza = Rs. 6,57,854
GP = Rs. 6,55,286

Manza is too good to resist!!
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 14:26   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 402 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
For reference here is the On-Road price (Pune) for GP 1.4 E+ and Manza Saffire +
Manza = Rs. 6,57,854
GP = Rs. 6,55,286

Is that price of Manza for the fully loaded version? If not, then what's the point. Some people will still stick with a fully loaded feature rich beautiful hatchback than buying a bloated sedan.

Personally, I won't change my decision of buying a GP even if some variant of Manza happens to have lower price than the E+ version of GP.

People who don't know which car to buy with 6.5 Lakhs in their hand might buy any car in that range, Manza included. People who wants a GP will buy GP, and believe me there are many people who wants to buy a GP and GP alone. May be you included

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Manza is too good to resist!!
Well, many cars are too good to resist, when it comes to certain distinct aspects the car offers. In Manza's case, price is one aspect, the other being space. Anything else?

For a person who looks at sheer power at an affordable price, Fiests 1.6s is too good to resist. For a person looking for a stylish good looking sedan, Linea is too good to resist. For a person looking for compactness and city drive-ability, i10 is too good to resist.

Last edited by clevermax : 8th January 2010 at 14:31.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 14:31   #52
BHPian
 
SPARKled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 934
Thanked: 299 Times
Default

I wonder if people using Tata Indica based cars use them for beyond 3 years. I have seen these including those bought by my family members rattling horribly and absolutely falling to pieces where as Unos and Palios are still rattle free and working like a charm. Poor Fiat they are trying to sell cars in a country where people dont look beyond initial cost of ownership when buying cars.

Last edited by SPARKled : 8th January 2010 at 14:33.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 14:35   #53
BHPian
 
gomzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 783
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
For reference here is the On-Road price (Pune) for GP 1.4 E+ and Manza Saffire +

Manza = Rs. 6,57,854
GP = Rs. 6,55,286

Manza is too good to resist!!
a friend went to the Tata Fiat showroom yesterday to TD a Punto. He TD'd the Manza as well and then looking at the OTR prices of both, booked the Manza Quadrajet90 Aura.

Main reason: Manza provides all features important to him and most features of Punto. Also this is going to be the only car in the family so better to buy a big car.
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 14:35   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 402 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I wonder if people using Tata Indica based cars use them for beyond 3 years. I have seen these including those bought by my family mambers rattling horribley and absolutely falling to pieces whereas Unos and Palios are still rattle free and working like a charm. Poor Fiat they are trying to sell cars in a country where people dont look beyond initial cost of ownership when buying cars.
Tata has grown up from the old Indica (V1) days, and nowadays they offer cars of better quality. So what you said (Not usable after 3 years) does not really apply to their present day cars.

But their cars need more refinement to meet international auto makers' standards that's for sure.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 14:56   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
HammerHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Goan in Pune
Posts: 1,093
Thanked: 210 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Is that price of Manza for the fully loaded version? If not, then what's the point. Some people will still stick with a fully loaded feature rich beautiful hatchback than buying a bloated sedan.
Yeah its fully loaded, only things missing as compared to GP E+ are climate control and alloys!!


Quote:
Personally, I won't change my decision of buying a GP even if some variant of Manza happens to have lower price than the E+ version of GP.
Friend you own a car and you know your priorities very well. I'm talking about first time car buyers buying their only car.


Quote:
People who don't know which car to buy with 6.5 Lakhs in their hand might buy any car in that range, Manza included. People who wants a GP will buy GP, and believe me there are many people who wants to buy a GP and GP alone. May be you included
That's true to some extent.



Quote:
Well, many cars are too good to resist, when it comes to certain distinct aspects the car offers. In Manza's case, price is one aspect, the other being space. Anything else?
Now its not only the price!!
= Space
= Ride
= Safety
= Fiat Engines

Quote:
For a person who looks at sheer power at an affordable price, Fiests 1.6s is too good to resist. For a person looking for a stylish good looking sedan, Linea is too good to resist. For a person looking for compactness and city drive-ability, i10 is too good to resist.
but here we are talking about 2 cars with similar level of equipments in the same showroom and exactly same price range.

Last edited by HammerHead : 8th January 2010 at 14:58.
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 15:03   #56
BHPian
 
SPARKled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 934
Thanked: 299 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Tata has grown up from the old Indica (V1) days, and nowadays they offer cars of better quality. So what you said (Not usable after 3 years) does not really apply to their present day cars.

But their cars need more refinement to meet international auto makers' standards that's for sure.
I am not even talking about the the earlier gen Tata indicas. My reference is the V2 and later models. Also a car has to be little more than just usable after a few years of ownership. The power window buttons breaking off and the OVRMs falling off and the numerous loud rattles in almost all the Indicas/indigos that I have seen is what made me comment here.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 15:46   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 402 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I am not even talking about the the earlier gen Tata indicas. My reference is the V2 and later models. Also a car has to be little more than just usable after a few years of ownership. The power window buttons breaking off and the OVRMs falling off and the numerous loud rattles in almost all the Indicas/indigos that I have seen is what made me comment here.
Hmm. When I drove a new Indica V2 Turbo Diesel and I immediately felt the lack of refinement on few things. Don't have much idea about how it will survive long term usage. Anyway I like the way how my 4 year old Palio handles way more than that.

Didn't drive Vista or Manza yet so can't comment on these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
but here we are talking about 2 cars with similar level of equipments in the same showroom and exactly same price range.
Hmm. "in the same showroom" could have its own impact. Otherwise, it's not only GP but few other hatchbacks/sedans too, which are threatened by Manza! But again, if you look at it that way, Manza affects the sale of many cars!

Last edited by clevermax : 8th January 2010 at 15:47.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 20:41   #58
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

There is no doubt that when Punto and Manza are displayed side by side, a cost conscious, VFM customer will any day opt for a sedan rather than paying same money for a hatch which to enthusiasts might look hot. One ought to think why Manza is costing about a lakh+ less than Linea. Cost cutting has to be in materials. Few of my colleagues have two to three years old Indigo cars and they already are beginning to show their age.

I would say Fiat has has taken a good decision by introducing fresh inputs into the existing line up. Best thing is these inputs are being perceived positively by a large chunk of Junta that was watching Fiat's revival with anxiousness. Another positive for these inputs is that they are able to build on a fair sales amount as well as not having to start on a negative base like that was experienced by Palio (fuel guzzler et al).

Last edited by NutsNBolts : 8th January 2010 at 20:42.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 23:38   #59
BHPian
 
amulu10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: detroit
Posts: 243
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Yeah its fully loaded, only things missing as compared to GP E+ are climate control and alloys!!
Friend you own a car and you know your priorities very well. I'm talking about first time car buyers buying their only car.
well punto was my first car and not for a moment did i look at the manza!
only the car i was looking at in the showroom other than the punto was the linea . I went to the showroom to buy a punto and i did buy one, and sure enough there are plenty of people like me who would never ever buy a manza even if it was offered with a 2 lakh discount(with the current looks )
but of course there are plently people who go to the showroom to buy a car @ XXX rs and for them the best bang for buck car at that price is more important!(looks arent!)
amulu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 09:47   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default prices in Hyd

Prices of Linea 1.4 Emotion pack (Ex-showroom Hyd):

Upto March'09 : 7 L
Now: 7.47 L

Thats quite a big increase! Hope they are offering better things for that price increase.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Linea and Fiat Punto (90 BHP) Owners. Timing chain issue & recall justin.das Technical Stuff 128 5th December 2017 19:56
BMW to drop prices due to increased localisation. EDIT: New prices announced Aditya The Indian Car Scene 38 10th July 2015 21:19
Fiat - Punto/Linea prices raised by up to 3k echo77 The Indian Car Scene 20 20th June 2011 15:15
Power increased in Linea Diesel?? Yup, its now 92 BHP! canon The Indian Car Scene 40 15th May 2010 23:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks