Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 30th August 2005, 22:33   #16
BHPian

well, the aicar is a b-school, situated in the foothills of matheran -

now i don't know what experience they have - (after half an hour on google, i gave up) but i seriously hope that they are not a bunch of jokers with degrees.

a marketing agency once called me up saying that they wanted to take a survey of owners of fiat cars ( this was a couple of months ago). they never showed up. later fiat guys called me up and asked me how the survey went etc. the fact is, no one came for the survey - still all my details and the survey form was filled up and submitted to the fiat guys - as me being one of their happy customers!

god save you - fiat!!! at least - if they give team-bhp the millions they are spending on these jokers - they'll get something wortwhile back
cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 01:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default How about TB playing a part in it...

Just saw this thread, and honestly, no B-school can save you, let-alone a nobody in the country kinda B-school. This is coming from someone who has been to one slightly better nobody B-school in the country.

If Fiat really wants to up the ante in the Indian market, it needs to remember the 2001 Wimbeldon Championship, Men's Singles. A Wild Card entry won the tourney. And a first in the history of the championship. Goran Ivanesevic.

Fiat is that Wild Card now. It doesn't have much of a chance of being on top, but it has some experience. Hire not a B-school but us guys at T-B. No, i am not joking... am dead serious about it. Look at what they get. 3000 car-nuts who have together seen successful and not-so successful car companies carve a position for themselves. Learn fron their experience and creativity. Fiat has lost so much, it doesn't have anything left to lose (not talking monies here). Some wild thinking and concepts from us T-Bites might just help in reviving Fiat India.

Anyone interested in pitching? Drop a line.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 02:00   #18
BHPian

My Suggestion

Kind Attn: AICAR

I can provide you reference for a web hosting company and get you a good graphic designer. Please get Fiat India's site up and running.

-A die-hard Palio fan.
hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 02:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Totally agree with Rev on this one. Also, what is this aircar? Never heard of them! If Fiat was so serious about getting back in the game, the least they could have done was to appoint a reputable company.
Quote:
I am sure many in TB know how much I love the Palio. I am in. Anything to help these morons get on the top.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 04:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I'm in for whatever it's worth. Palio I like in itself, but now that Revvmaster has invoked Go-Go-Goran, I am powerless to resist!

Not sure what I can do to help though...
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 10:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Totally agree with Rev on this one. Also, what is this aircar? Never heard of them! If Fiat was so serious about getting back in the game, the least they could have done was to appoint a reputable company.
IMHO, whether "air car"(nice name really!) a well-known agency or not is not a big deal at all. You don't need Earnest & Young to do all the research. A small agency can also do such work neatly.
It is their report (what they will find in their study), that matters.

This is where the collective knowldge base of Team-BHP comes into focus. We know both the questions and the answers. For e.g. we all know (ALL OF US, mind you) the answer for "You decided not to buy the Palio 1.9D. What is wrong with product in your opinion?"
Answer: "What a dumb question! Nothing is wrong with car man...Their A S S is nothing but @#$% ".

Thats the advantage TBHP has now. Whether we can use that advantage in a productive manner or whether Fiat/air car will decide to take leverage of that knowldge base are something remain to be seen...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 31st August 2005 at 10:08.
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 10:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Default Thinking aloud

We could do something proactively ...

Maybe if someone with a market research background at T-BHP could come up a set of basic survey Q's ... the members could then respond to the survey Q's and then submit them collectively to FIAT ...

We could also at the same time submit proposals for other services that we may provide (have no idea what right now) , if FIAT wishes to involve T-BHP.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 11:08   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
a marketing agency once called me up saying that they wanted to take a survey of owners of fiat cars ( this was a couple of months ago). they never showed up. later fiat guys called me up and asked me how the survey went etc. the fact is, no one came for the survey - still all my details and the survey form was filled up and submitted to the fiat guys - as me being one of their happy customers!
My God! They do that? This is scary, I commissioned one market survey just last week.. This one appears to be a reputed firm, hopefully they won't do such hanky panky.

Shouldn't somebody contact this Aicar and introduce them to T-BHP website. This forum has the best Fiat resources in India.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 12:12   #24
BHPian

if Fiat wants to make a standing in India, i think it has to launch its "IDEA" and the new "Grande Punto" to make some waves here! if not, Fiat is as is sinking world wide, its world wide hope is now on the new Grande Punto, if that too fails, then i think they might have to wind up! :(
Insane Devil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 12:17   #25

Cool Fiat India appoints Aicar its marketing consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster

If Fiat really wants to up the ante in the Indian market, it needs to remember the 2001 Wimbeldon Championship, Men's Singles. A Wild Card entry won the tourney. And a first in the history of the championship. Goran Ivanesevic.

Revv
Yes sir revvmaster, I am in. If only FIAT understood that they have a good product (i just bought a palio) which has a following of its own. They might also take the effort to understand that there service and dealer attitude make all the difference. I have followed stories here and though mine is a little happier, others have cried pales of tears jsut to get their problems heard. Even when I bought the car, i really just thought of PALIO as a car not that FIAT as a company owns it, may be you know what I am saying. The brand is more popular than the manufacturer.
amitkavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 12:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

I am all for any Team-BHP initiative. That is provided it does not clash with my company's policies. There are a number of MBAs here. It might help. LOL
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 12:41   #27
DRC
BHPian

I am not surprised... One more drive without a steering wheel..

Aicar may come back and say what is wrong with Fiat (Watch your ASS). Thats their job. But then Every one knew that!! What big deal..

By the time any action needs to be taken, they will fall again in the same old lethargy and loose again.
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 13:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Aicar may come back and say what is wrong with Fiat (Watch your ASS). Thats their job. But then Every one knew that!! What big deal..
I am sure they are appointed to find the problem AND suggest remedies. It would later boil down on how effectively Fiat implements it. Policies are always great, it is the implementations which screw up the policies.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 15:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure many in TB know how much I love the Palio. I am in. Anything to help these morons get on the top.
Great Amit. What do you think is your area of expertise?

Quote:
Ok, I'm in for whatever it's worth. Palio I like in itself, but now that Revvmaster has invoked Go-Go-Goran, I am powerless to resist!

Not sure what I can do to help though...
So I'm not the only Goran fan around. Viper what can you contribute with?

Shuvc, Amitkavi, typeone, sandeepmdas what do you think you wanna help with?

Honestly, i just did it as a thought.. but now that so many of you seem interested... maybe we can do something. Post in. It's turning out to be something exciting. What about the others?

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 15:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Can we start out with a meeting with the Fiat top brass? There we can introduce our forum. Also we can get to gether and draft a presentation that we can make.

P.S. I am throwing ideas in the wind. Everyone else please contribute.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 31st August 2005 at 15:31.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote