Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th January 2010, 20:22   #61
BHPian

my 2 cents. circular vents in the middle of the dash. not cool!!. and what's with the central speedo and tacho!! i hate that absolutely. this is based on the yaris or the aygo. why don't they launch the 5 door version of toyota IQ.

no wonder its first for india!! sigh:(
Old 5th January 2010, 20:58   #62
BHPian

While everyone is going for a tallboy design in this segment, Toyota, i think has gone anti. It looks so retro... or is it a retro concept
Old 5th January 2010, 21:28   #63
BHPian

Looking at interiors of this hatch, Vista's interiors are 100 times better! Indian car designs seems to be catching up with international standards and in some cases surpassing them!
Both Honda/Toyota have shown some real yuckky designs for their small cars
Old 5th January 2010, 21:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Well,the Vios had to be launched in India at some point of time.And now here it is as the Etios.Its as bland as our Ford Fiesta.

This a perfect example of a third world compact sedan..
Old 5th January 2010, 22:36   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The dash is a strict no no.... Toyota, if you are listening, we Indians hate a dashboard with the instrument console in the middle. We get reminded of the Amby days when we see this. Just cut the crap and give as a decent dashboard. ... The sedan looks similar to the Logan and that is not good. The hatch looks more like a Daihatsu than a Toyota.
The Logan resemblance occured to me too.. especially the rear!
interiors.. i would think Toyota does not want to display all their cards right now. hence the "Concept" tag and the horrible plasticky interiors. The center console, appeared to be ever so slightly tilted to the driver in the pics that i saw. Is that the case? if so, makes the logic of center console very difficult to understand.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:43   #66
Team-BHP Support

To be honest, i was pretty surprised to see a lot of members here saying that they did NOT like the Etios styling!

Having seen it in person, i thought the hatchback was pretty neat looking! I couldn't really find anything i really disliked about it.

The sedan/notchback however was a little too awkward for my liking.

Here are two more pics of the rear for what its worth:
Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-img_2199.jpg

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-img_2196.jpg

Though i do agree that the interior / dash was a little strange.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th January 2010 at 22:44.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:44   #67
oss
BHPian

YUCK Is this all Toyota could come up with after so many years.

Atlast Logan has a company in bland looking cars with spartan interiors category.

Let us hope that Toyota atleast prices it cheaper having designed such a cheap looking car. Then they can hope to compete with DZire on price front atleast.

@Rehaan: You are right. The hatchback looks neat from the exterior point of view. It's the notchback that is nauseating.

However, i still couldn't digest the instrument panel design.

Last edited by oss : 5th January 2010 at 22:49.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:11   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
To be honest, i was pretty surprised to see a lot of members here saying that they did NOT like the Etios styling! R
How big is it compared to the Swift/Dzire. Hard to tell from the pics.

I quite like the rear of the hatch. Front is kinda bland...

Can you post some rear view of the sedan?
Old 5th January 2010, 23:20   #69
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned by GTO, Toyota is the boring one in Autoexpo. The interiors are horribe. Even the poorest interiors of any existing Indian cars is better than the Etios. Toyota should have thought of their prestige in the Auto expo. If they could not present better they could not have participated. In the midst of all these drawbackhs they could not fix the approximate price also.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:23   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
How big is it compared to the Swift/Dzire. Hard to tell from the pics.
Etios hatch vs Swift -- i would say that the Etios is a little longer. (Seems to be a much larger wheelbase too - but will recheck tomorrow and give you a more definite answer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Can you post some rear view of the sedan?
Heres the most flattering angle i could manage :
Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-img_2209.jpg

cya
R
Old 5th January 2010, 23:28   #71
Team-BHP Support

I find only one thing weird in the hatch. The hatch has some sharp lines but why did they give it such a curvy rear door. It looks totally out of place in the side profile.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:31   #72
BHPian

You're absolutely right imho.......even the interiors seem to be a modified version of the 1st gen vios interiors......see the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-toyota_vios_j_auto_interior_large.jpg  

Old 5th January 2010, 23:31   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
To be honest, i was pretty surprised to see a lot of members here saying that they did NOT like the Etios styling!
+1 to that, I may also be in a minority here, but I find the hatch decent looking. As far as the interiors go, give them a break guys, this is just the concept version, I am sure Toyota has something more up its sleeve .
Old 5th January 2010, 23:38   #74
Senior - BHPian

i like current camry and altis looks and i thought toyota cars started looking good. massive improvements to old gen camry and corolla. but this etios looks sad!!! must be designed for fleets only.
Old 6th January 2010, 00:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

YUCK... its looks like an abnormal product
Closed Thread