Old 6th January 2010, 14:29   #91
BHPian

Quiet "A-star"-ish IMHO
Old 6th January 2010, 14:49   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillako View Post
Found this
Toyota reveals Etios Hatchback and Sedan details - Global premier at 2010 Auto Expo - Motoroids.com

"
oyota has also announced that the Etios Hatchback will retail for around Rs.4.5-5 lakh and will be powered by a 1200cc petrol engine. The Etios will mark Toyota's foray into the B+ car segment and will compete against the likes of Hyundai's i20, VW polo's and Maruti-Suzuki's Swift. The Etios sedan will be priced around the Rs.10 lakh mark and will be powered by 1500cc petrol engine.
"
Nice price of the 1200cc one but how are they gonna make the buyer understand that the same car comes also with a 9 Lac Ruppee bill too?

Its like taking Indigo CS or Swift Dezire and selling it at 5lac and 10lac.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:27   #93
BHPian

Etios Hatchback-
Exterior looks OK.
Interiors are not at all Toyota standards. Hope they put some serious designers to work on it before they plan to actually release it in India.

Etios Sedan- as many have said one glance and people would feel that its the Mahindra Logan. Looks more like a Executive Mahindra Logan

Common 'Toyota' you can do better than this.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:42   #94
BHPian

Even the model standing next to the car in the 1st snap looks like she'd rather be somewhere else
Old 6th January 2010, 18:54   #95
BHPian

well here are the pics which i clicked at auto expo yesterday

liked the ETIOS a lot ,but as for the japanese i think it would be like the jazz which isnt worth the 8lac hatch back

I mean to say it would be expensive as compare to the features they will provide with the same( my opinion only )
Attached Thumbnails
Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-050120102565.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-050120102566.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-050120102568.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-050120102569.jpg  

Old 6th January 2010, 19:58   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Really is quite ugly, they're going to have to do better than that with things like the Beat on sale now. Badly matched interior trim.
Old 6th January 2010, 20:16   #97
Senior - BHPian

Eeewwww!!! Yuuuuuccck! What the F-word for Toyota. 100% they think India is a land of snake charmers and magic tricks. Dumb design and Japs were supposed to be aesthetic people, this looks like work of some deranged person.

It might pick up on sales due to its pricing, but yuck its not good for eyes, might give people eye flu.
Old 6th January 2010, 20:47   #98
Team-BHP Support

I don't find the design that bad. Yes loganish looks.

The design is very staid and not revolutionary which people were expecting.

The design will not win any prizes but at the same time will not offend anyone. Plain jane but will work IMO.
Old 6th January 2010, 21:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

OD video of Etios:

Old 6th January 2010, 22:47   #100
BHPian

Lets Wait to see how they price it.
Old 6th January 2010, 23:05   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I don't find the design that bad. Yes loganish looks.

The design is very staid and not revolutionary which people were expecting.

The design will not win any prizes but at the same time will not offend anyone. Plain jane but will work IMO.
Staid yes, but could it not be elegant like the Polo,GP,skodas.
People had lot of expectation from Toyota, I think that is why the disappointment is more.
Etios sedan looks like a Jigsaw puzzle puttogether.
Old 6th January 2010, 23:46   #102
BHPian

Seems like Toyota was dying to introduce the hatchback and the sedan version and hired someone and made an announcement, that whoever will make a car design in 20 mins will get a million dollar. Otherwise after launching cars like innova, altis, camry and fortuner they shouldn't have done this. After all the other cars that I mentioned were at least decent to look at. I own an Altis and I it may not look stunning as a civic but is not bad to look at. I agree with "Deep Blue" that it's actually a jigsaw puzzle. Body from logan, doors pads from last generation Honda city, side mirrors from altis and dashboard center part from indica vista. That's all I could notice. I mean Honda did Jazz and Toyota does this. :( Highly disappointed.
Old 7th January 2010, 11:26   #103
Senior - BHPian

I liked the looks of the hatchback except the interiors and body kits, at least it looks like a car. All new hatchbacks with high bonnet looks like vans.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:20   #104
BANNED

looks good and hopefully with typical toyota robust quality.But then hatchback is altogether different segment and this is their first offering, so surely hope they dont repeat like Honda with their product.Also concerns its sedan version of Etios, its not a boot attached with better engine or else people wont understand why a 5L car tags double its figure for attached boot.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:59   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
looks good and hopefully with typical toyota robust quality.But then hatchback is altogether different segment and this is their first offering, so surely hope they dont repeat like Honda with their product.Also concerns its sedan version of Etios, its not a boot attached with better engine or else people wont understand why a 5L car tags double its figure for attached boot.
The sedan looks good only on the side profile. The front looks as if it was
designed by some first year industrial design student or an intern. The hatchback seems to be inspired by Hyundai's erstwhile mad designer and is quite a disappointment overall. The 10L + tag is _only_ because the ANHC sells at that price point and brand for brand they want to push it at that price.But I don't think this holds even a matchstick to the ANHC leave alone a candle. Even the current Fiesta is far far better VFM what left to say of the Verna or the Linea and not to forget the Manza and the Dzire/SX4.
The price point game is clearly to target the segment leaders- Swift for the Hatchback and ANHC for the sedan market. At this point , may the best car win. I am squarely behind the VW polo. Looks beautiful and least messed up. Only only only only only only needs to be priced right (VW, please!).Good chance for VW to eat up the market. And they very well deserve to do that , hope they set the bench marks for all Indian companies to follow.
To make a correct prediction : The car does not matter. It is a Toyota. Indians are not willing to call a spade a spade.They will buy it at whatever price point. Toyota is in trouble worldwide and not here to do social service. So they will sell it at whatever price point they wish and Indians, programmed by the matrix will buy it.
MSIL , Hyundai , Ford : Good Morning. Wake up. Time to get to work.Do whatever you have to do.
VW: You've got the benchmark product for the market. Please don't do a Skoda and s***w it up.

Disclaimer: I don't want to disclaim this post.
Closed Thread