Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 11th January 2010, 13:13   #361
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

To be compared to the Aura MDX in layout and design can only compliment the Aria. The price points of both the vehicles are ohh so different.

That said , I do feel that this is a gound up design, inspired by no single vehicle but one that has adoped the best of almost 20-30 vehicles in a single one, only quality assertion remains.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:27   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINUMON View Post
The pictures in this blogpost are interesting, but the text is another story :-) Was the text auto translated from some other language? What's an "..angle adjustable ability council with a acme adjustable disciplinarian bench.."?
Old 11th January 2010, 17:54   #363
Senior - BHPian

Since the Aria specs are now available, I think a lot of people are going to have their own opinions on the price it should be sold at. Well, Tata being Tata, they will try to price it extremely competitively. Does anyone else get the impression that the Aria with all the bells and whistles is aimed for the US/Europe market (mph speedo)?
Looks being subjective, I think this design will appeal to many, while not hurting the sensibilities of the few that do not like it, too much.

Interior quality and space, hmm... well I'll wait to have a GTO style writeup giving me the info than base my judgement on the pics. Purely on looks though, they look pretty good!

The Innova is a superb vehicle, no doubt. If Tata can better the FE by a decent margin, provide comparable interior fit and finish, and provide the same features per version, then I don't see why the bottom models Aria can't be priced adjacent to the Innova, and the ones with better spec above it, and not do well. Tata's taken a big stride forward with the Vista already, and I think the time is right to take another. All the best Tata, and great job, RT

Last edited by VeluM : 11th January 2010 at 17:56. Reason: :P
Old 11th January 2010, 20:20   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtom View Post
The pictures in this blogpost are interesting, but the text is another story :-) Was the text auto translated from some other language? What's an "..angle adjustable ability council with a acme adjustable disciplinarian bench.."?
Very funny!
Sample this from same post:
1. The ample appropriate affection rear seats with a centre armrest, acquiesce one to sit aback and relax, in a active allowance like abundance and ambience
2. The disciplinarian advice arrangement on top of the axial animate provides advice on ammunition burning
Old 11th January 2010, 20:29   #365
BHPian

Absolutely in love with the overall look of the car. I may seem a little biased but I NEVER expected such classy exteriors from Tata (thought the front grille should've had less chrome & the 3rd row windows seem awkwardly shaped)
The dash on the other hand was a completely different story. If the car is meant to be positioned against the Innova, the latter's interiors would win hands down inspite of it being an older model. Though I really appreciated the in-dash navigation system, the 2nd & 3rd row air-con vents & the roof cubbies.

4x4, 140 bhp sounds good enough for an OTR price of approx 12-14 lakhs depending on the variant (i hope they price it more competitively & blow the competition away!). Looking forward to the road test & reviews

Best of luck to Tata, they've got a winner on their hands
Old 11th January 2010, 21:45   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuz View Post
Very funny!
Sample this from same post:
1. The ample appropriate affection rear seats with a centre armrest, acquiesce one to sit aback and relax, in a active allowance like abundance and ambience
2. The disciplinarian advice arrangement on top of the axial animate provides advice on ammunition burning
My wife just commented it looks like the blog's author has worked overtime in right-clicking a paragraph in MS-Word and choosing the weirdest sounding synonyms

hats off .... this is what you call "wunderfool englis"!
Old 12th January 2010, 13:18   #367
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I had a chat with a senior service adviser at T.A.S.S as per information he had Aria is equipped with new generation 7.1 ABS ( what it means I really do not know) and due to this half clutching or applying hand brake will not be required on inclines ABS system will take care of the breaking.

Do not know if this feature is really possible or just a folklore.

Regards
Old 12th January 2010, 14:50   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Hi,

I had a chat with a senior service adviser at T.A.S.S as per information he had Aria is equipped with new generation 7.1 ABS ( what it means I really do not know) and due to this half clutching or applying hand brake will not be required on inclines ABS system will take care of the breaking.

Regards
As far as I know there can be max 4 sensors(4 tyres) for the ABS, i hope he is not confusing it with 7.1 HTS.

Yes, this technology is present, its called the HCA & HDA, Hill climb assist and Hill descent assist.

I was wondering if ARIA has a Asymmetrical or Symmetrical front differential for the AWD version, any clue.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:52   #369
Senior - BHPian

Lol, i googled 7.1 ABS & i got a gaming headset review!!!

does this thing really exist? if yes, then this must be one of the few surprises tata is going to offer.
Old 12th January 2010, 15:02   #370
BHPian

Guys just one clarification:

When I went on saturday & enquired I was told that this is a 4wd & not an AWD as mentioned in first post. Also I was told that the transfer from 2wd to 4wd in this car is Electronic. Do we have another Scorpio 4X4 in the making???

Please advise what is correct
Old 12th January 2010, 16:16   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
As far as I know there can be max 4 sensors(4 tyres) for the ABS, i hope he is not confusing it with 7.1 HTS.

Yes, this technology is present, its called the HCA & HDA, Hill climb assist and Hill descent assist.

I was wondering if ARIA has a Asymmetrical or Symmetrical front differential for the AWD version, any clue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Lol, i googled 7.1 ABS & i got a gaming headset review!!!
Actually I asked him about 7.1 nomenclature and mentioend that there are only 4 Channels used for ABS. Then he replied 7.1 the the version and they call it by the name " 7.1 ABS".

Also ARIA is a selectable 4X4 and not a full time AWD like Toyota fortuner. It may be same borg-warner electric shift which is used in Safari.

Did someone in Auto expo notice 4H,4L selection switch ?
Old 12th January 2010, 16:18   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Guys just one clarification:

When I went on saturday & enquired I was told that this is a 4wd & not an AWD as mentioned in first post. Also I was told that the transfer from 2wd to 4wd in this car is Electronic. Do we have another Scorpio 4X4 in the making???

Please advise what is correct
AWD and 4WD are interchangeable terms some companies use AWD for vehicles employing a 4 wheel drive system not necessarily full time 4WD with a predetermined ratio to front and rear axle like fortuner.

Aria is not a full time 4WD.
Old 12th January 2010, 16:43   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Also ARIA is a selectable 4X4 and not a full time AWD like Toyota fortuner. It may be same borg-warner electric shift which is used in Safari.

Did someone in Auto expo notice 4H,4L selection switch ?
Quote:
AWD and 4WD are interchangeable terms some companies use AWD for vehicles employing a 4 wheel drive system not necessarily full time 4WD with a predetermined ratio to front and rear axle like fortuner.

Aria is not a full time 4WD.
So if what you guys say is true that we can expect same sort of issue in transmission of 2wd to 4wd as we have in Scorpio 4X4
Old 12th January 2010, 16:55   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Regards

I think The ESP (Electronic Stability Program) & TCS (Traction control Systems) can be designed for Down hill Assist, where in it helps while going down the hill by wheel grabbings

The Service advisor is mixing it with ABS
Old 12th January 2010, 17:03   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
So if what you guys say is true that we can expect same sort of issue in transmission of 2wd to 4wd as we have in Scorpio 4X4
No there is no issue in Safari 4X4 electric shift for many years. So you can assume TML knows how to integrate Borg-warner system properly.
In Case of Scorpio 4X4 was out of M&M radar so they still have teething issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post
I think The ESP (Electronic Stability Program) & TCS (Traction control Systems) can be designed for Down hill Assist, where in it helps while going down the hill by wheel grabbings

The Service advisor is mixing it with ABS
No I think he was right , Probably hill assist requires braking and ABS sensors can detect the slippage. So if incline is detected by sensor ( accelerometer / gyroscope ) then coupled with slipping detected by ABS sensors a logic can be built to provide hill assist. I am not sure but just speculating how it might be implemented.

Traction Control in something different look at those bars starting from middle of the vehicle and connecting to suspension in the ARIA under-body picture.
Closed Thread