Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 3rd February 2010, 11:53   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I am wondering whose customers Chevrolet Cruze is taking away. Altis, Civic or Laura?
It appears that the segment itself is growing. Altis is up, Civic is steady - so Cruze didn't cause much dent to their sales. I didn't see Laura numbers yet.
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:00   #122
BANNED

any idea about i20? I didn't see this so far.
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:12   #123
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
in one of the other threads it was said that the fiat plant was closed from dec 15 - jan 15 so this number must include all those who booked in december.?
sales is counted on the month the car is invoiced and not booked...the date on which the invoice is raised is when they get the payment -right?
so going with that- these numbers are clearly including those that got delivered and invoiced in Jan but maybe booking was done in Dec- BTW booking can always be cancelled by giving a penalty..so this logic is surely accurate...
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:06   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
So far individual sales numbers are available for the following vehicles.
NANO--4001
INDICA/VISTA--11448
INDIGO/Manza--7258
7k+ units of Indigo
Manza has brought TATA right back into the entry sedan segment.
Guess the Indigo prefix in Manza didn't matter a lot to sound-minded car buyers.
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:46   #125
Senior - BHPian

Default Best ever January for Mercedes-Benz India

Mercedes-Benz India Ltd. (MBIL) today released their best ever sales figure in the month of January since it started its drive in India.

Ever since the launch of new E-class (W212) MBIL has been so aggressive & this attitude was revealed at the Auto Expo too. Their product range, pricing & marketing methods is been in a new style as never before. These all might be the reason that Mercedes marked a tremendous growth in the first month of this year compared to the previous year.

More over MBIL has regained the first position in the sales of luxury car by beating BMW for this month. Total sales figure for BMW this month was around 360 units, where are MBIL sold 403 units and this sales figure shows a growth 391percent compared to the Jan 2009!

Press Release:
Mercedes makes it their “Best Ever” January in company history: clocks 403 units for the month

Pune: Mercedes-Benz India created history by making January 2010 as the best January ever, in company history. The organization sold a total of 403 units (wholesale) for the month which comprised of 130 C-Class, 245 E-Class and 22 S-Class cars. The balance was made up of completely built imported units. (January 2009: 82 units wholesale).

Managing Director & CEO, Dr. Wilfried Aulbur on the January performance “Our sales numbers are a result of our customers appreciating the Fascination of the Mercedes-Benz brand. This has been reinforced through a multi-pronged approach which heightens the customer experience:
  • Our complete network has been upgraded and now spans 50 touch points across 25 cities. We deliver world class vehicle ownership experience to our customers across the country
  • After a very successful Auto Expo 2010, we have embarked upon MercedesTrophy’ - the oldest and the most prestigious golf tournament which spans across 15 cities and 1800 players (in 2009: 5 city, 600 golfers). Additionally, through the tournament Mercedes-Benz is happy to associate with India’s youngest pro-amp golfer – Gaganjeet Singh Bhullar
  • Our connect with luxury and lifestyle has been enhanced through our association with ace designer Manish Arora. His ensemble “Inspired by Mercedes” is presented at exclusive customer evenings across India
  • We have revitalized our product line and in January alone we launched 7 products into the Indian market. this takes our total offerings to 38 models (10 product segments) - the broadest product portfolio across any luxury car maker in India
  • Our investment in the new plant and unflinching focus on quality have borne rich dividends with our plant in Pune, which is regarded amongst the finest assembly plants in Mercedes globally
While sales numbers are an encouraging story, we at Mercedes will continue to focus upon customer delight and profitable growth as part of our long term strategy for the country”.

Source: MBIL

Last edited by hanmust : 3rd February 2010 at 17:58.
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:21   #126
Senior - BHPian

I am amazed at the number of E's sold in January! At 245 units, It's almost equal to the number of Accords Honda managed to sell in the same month. Really, the luxury car market is rising tremendously in India. Now, time for BMW to turn tables by bringing in the new F10 BMW 5 series!

P.S: Mods, plz merge this thread with http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-sales-2.html
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:31   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
So far individual sales numbers are available for the following vehicles.
CR-V--76
CAPTIVA--72
No SUV can beat the 600+ figures of the mighty Fortuner. I think even the Audi Q7 sells more than the Captiva and CR-V now!

Quote:
UVA--434
AVEO--364
I am shocked these cars still sell in decent numbers! Chevrolet needs to bring in the new gen Aveos to India sooner than before!

CITY--4485!! wow! Even after more than a year, such numbers can only be achieved by a company like Honda. A car, which IMO is not at all VFM. But i guess the Honda badge really sells in India( no offence to owners)
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:22   #128
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guess who is on a roll

Quote:
Mercedes makes it their “Best Ever” January in company history: clocks 403 units for the month
Pune - Mercedes-Benz India created history by making January 2010 as the best January ever, in company history. The organization sold a total of 403 units (wholesale) for the month which comprised of 130 C-Class, 245 E-Class and 22 S-Class cars. The balance was made up of completely built imported units. (January 2009: 82 units wholesale).
Managing Director & CEO, Dr. Wilfried Aulbur on the January performance
Old 3rd February 2010, 21:19   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jossyphil View Post
Cumulative sales of the Sumo/Safari range are 25,630 nos., lower by 17%.
Thanks for a really comprehensive and detailed sales report. Great effort jossyphil.

Do you think you could give a individual breakup of Victa/grande/safari/Xenon figures or is it asking for too much

So long.....
Old 3rd February 2010, 21:34   #130
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guess who is on a roll
Oh boy,
Mercedes is selling really well even in the face of stiff competition from BMW and Audi!

Can anyone somehow get the model wise breakup for the indigo range?
Old 3rd February 2010, 21:56   #131
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guess who is on a roll
Recession...slowdown...whats that?? India has HUGE money- untapped and its clear with this news..no wonder all -retail, cars, high end brands in all categories are opening shop here...if someone in the US reads the auto sales numbers here...surely they will change their country of operation
Old 4th February 2010, 02:38   #132
Senior - BHPian

HI Members,

Finally all time winner is Maruti Suzuki. None can threat their sales figures year after year. Service net work is really doing great for its customers.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:22   #133
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@navan49 : Maruti was a winner as they had no competition but the other manufacturers are fast catching up and the general public will have better faith in products which are actually far superior to Maruti's.Consider that Maruti's overall share has been decreasing for the past 10 years albeit a bit slowly .

I do own a Maruti though but i regret buying it .

Regards

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 4th February 2010 at 10:23.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:38   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
@navan49 : Maruti was a winner as they had no competition but the other manufacturers are fast catching up and the general public will have better faith in products which are actually far superior to Maruti's.Consider that Maruti's overall share has been decreasing for the past 10 years albeit a bit slowly .

I do own a Maruti though but i regret buying it .

Regards
Well IMO Service network is an overblown issue. Probably more relevent for small selling manufactures not so much for top7 (Maruti,Tata, M&M, Hyundai GM, Toyota and Honda) With new age cars with fairly high degree of reliability (surely higher than maruti) there is hardly scopes of breakdowns.

I think probably maruti with its poor quality products was way too conscious to have expanded their service network so much. I am sure Tata Hyundai and GM have more or less the same size of network as maruti was having in 1999 (during worldcup) when they started this service network campaign.

So effectively anybody who buys products from any of these top 7 shouldn't worry about service network at all and which is why there is a general decline in maruti's share of business.
Old 4th February 2010, 11:15   #135
BHPian

Taking the hatchback market into perspective, Maruti had an easy run till now because other players in our market did not recognize the aam-aadmi's mind.. I see hyundai, ford and GM coming to the top in this segment and burning the sales chart.

Btw I have owned only suzuki vehicles till now..

Considering the time they spent in the car scene, i feel they could be delivering better. Looks at how suzuki is doing outside india, they provide all the goodies but still their sales are low.
Closed Thread