Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th January 2010, 20:50   #31
BHPian

They still have not posted the City E on their website . I wonder if this is just the old unsold stock.

I did see the advertisements in todays paper advertising 7.99 Ex thane ( showroom price ). My guess is that Mumbai OTR of this car should still be 9.25-9.3 lacs.

Anyone knows if they are offering free insurance now like how they were doing in Dec 09.
manishkapadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 14:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
They still have not posted the City E on their website . I wonder if this is just the old unsold stock.

I did see the advertisements in todays paper advertising 7.99 Ex thane ( showroom price ). My guess is that Mumbai OTR of this car should still be 9.25-9.3 lacs.

Anyone knows if they are offering free insurance now like how they were doing in Dec 09.
This is not the old stock, but indeed a new variant (re-launch?) which was not available till few weeks back. I had been to Whitefield honda yesterday and saw the car. The OTR Bangalore price for E variant is 8.45.xxx. I liked the interiors of jazz than any of the City variants. The price of jazz is less by 40k compared to City E variant.
Selective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 15:11   #33
oss
BHPian

May be they have given up on Jazz, and decided to milk the City brand as much as possible.

Polo Sedan coming in the second half of this year will pose a big threat to City sales. If Toyota bring in its Avanza, that is going to hurt City sales even further, not withstanding the segment difference.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 20:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
The OTR Bangalore price for E variant is 8.45.xxx.
No way you are going to get it at 8.45L. A car with 8L ex-showroom price would definitely go up to 9.5L on road in Bangalore.

15% road tax and 3% insurance approx.
civic-sense is online now   Reply With Quote