Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th January 2010, 21:25   #1
BHPian

Default RTO website shows 2 records for my vehicle

I had sold two vehicles, one in 2008 and another in 2009. Now, Kerala mvd website, when queried with my sold vehicle number, now displays 2 records.
For vehicle 1, one record shows my name and another shows a third party name (not the name of the person whom I sold to). it seems my seller has sold the vehicle again ?

For the second vehicle, the second record still shows my name but with a spelling mistake (instead of JOE CHERIAN, now shows as JOSE CHERIAN)

This vehicle was sold to some one who had taken a used car loan from HDFC and as per the buyer, the bank took care of registraion transfer. But, I am not sure why the owner's name in RTO record still shows my distorted name (instead of the new person who has taken the loan and bought the car)
IS there something that should be done from my end ?(for the second case mainly ) ?
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 21:34   #2
BHPian

Must say that the system for maintaining the car records is very inaccurate!!!
For the second case it may have been that they have overlooked your profile, Many a times they do this ... (Happened with my maruti, it still shows my dads name after being sold for two years) ...IMO you should report to the rto office about this discrepency!

Regrds.
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 22:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

The Kerala MVD website shows the details of the previous owners as well. There are quite a lot of vehicles with upto 6-7 records (especially commercial vehicles). Commercial Vehicles also get a new record for each CF Test.
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 22:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
The Kerala MVD website shows the details of the previous owners as well. .
Even if that is the case, the second record should show the name of the new owner right ?
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote