Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:19   #106
BHPian
 
Car-e-ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 222
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Nice snaps, but then again, I'd buy a 350 anyday over the 370. It has much more character to itself. I hate the wanna-be attitude which is oozing from the 370.

OT - @smalhotra - Looks like we belong to the E series club and very much shows in the quality.
It aint that bad guys . i never appreciated cayenne on the pics until it overtook me on the highway and i couldnt get off my eyes from it.
Moreover i personally believe people would have had different opinions if the badge of the car would have been porsche,lambo something like that.
And now since i have said it i have landed up in controversy cause everybody will disagree to me.
Car-e-ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:57   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

front and back tires are different. profiles and sizes are different what the hell is going on they dont realized that someone might just notice all this in a demo car.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:03   #108
BHPian
 
smalhotra_93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 709
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Nice snaps, but then again, I'd buy a 350 anyday over the 370. It has much more character to itself. I hate the wanna-be attitude which is oozing from the 370.

OT - @smalhotra - Looks like we belong to the E series club and very much shows in the quality.
As i said earlier that my phone was giving a low battery signal thus not allowing me to use the cam . So used my friend's cam . I've got a Nokia N900 .

And its a personal opinion , I hate the 370Z :P

Just think over it . How can you call that a car even ? See the rear going down steeply. It looks like a BMW X6 which doesn't give a good amount of space for the rear passengers ( case of head room ) . See any other coupe for that matter of face. A porsche 911 , A merc SLK , Audi TT ( it resembles it the most ) .

The alloys are rubbish , The shape is rubbish , Looks are rubbish . Only thing good is Nismo .

And the cost of all this misery , 60 lakh rupees .

I'd rather buy a volvo bus or buy some trucks for my business rather than that !


And last question , are those steel brakes or are those carbon ceramics ??

Last edited by smalhotra_93 : 23rd March 2010 at 01:05.
smalhotra_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:27   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
aparth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,048
Thanked: 614 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Nice snaps, but then again, I'd buy a 350 anyday over the 370. It has much more character to itself. I hate the wanna-be attitude which is oozing from the 370.

OT - @smalhotra - Looks like we belong to the E series club and very much shows in the quality.
OT - What's the E series club??
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:31   #110
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,730
Thanked: 4,772 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
As i said earlier that my phone was giving a low battery signal thus not allowing me to use the cam . So used my friend's cam . I've got a Nokia N900 .

And its a personal opinion , I hate the 370Z :P

Just think over it . How can you call that a car even ? See the rear going down steeply. It looks like a BMW X6 which doesn't give a good amount of space for the rear passengers ( case of head room ) . See any other coupe for that matter of face. A porsche 911 , A merc SLK , Audi TT ( it resembles it the most ) .

The alloys are rubbish , The shape is rubbish , Looks are rubbish . Only thing good is Nismo .

And the cost of all this misery , 60 lakh rupees .

I'd rather buy a volvo bus or buy some trucks for my business rather than that !


And last question , are those steel brakes or are those carbon ceramics ??
Thanks for the reply buddy.

Even i share the same sentiment for the 370.

But the shape of 350 is also very similar, but that however don't seem to bother me.

Carbon Ceramics ? Come on, I don't think so !

@ Aparth - Nokia E series buddy. The business class nokia with a crappy cam. I have two, E90 and 63.

Last edited by Scorcher : 23rd March 2010 at 01:33.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:33   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 2,596 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
OT - What's the E series club??
He was referring to the mobile phone with which the pics were taken - Nokia E series!
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:52   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
front and back tires are different. profiles and sizes are different what the hell is going on they dont realized that someone might just notice all this in a demo car.
Good catch! Weird how the front and rear tires are of a different brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
And its a personal opinion , I hate the 370Z :P

Just think over it . How can you call that a car even ? (1)See the rear going down steeply. It looks like a BMW X6 which doesn't give a good amount of space for the rear passengers ( case of head room ) .

The alloys are rubbish , The shape is rubbish , Looks are rubbish . Only thing good is Nismo .


And last question , are those steel brakes or are those carbon ceramics ??
1 - The GTR has a similar angular roof, do you dislike that too?

2 - Its a 2 seater only , so what about rear space?
ecksreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 02:59   #113
BHPian
 
smalhotra_93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 709
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Good catch! Weird how the front and rear tires are of a different brand



1 - The GTR has a similar angular roof, do you dislike that too?

2 - Its a 2 seater only , so what about rear space?

First things first , I DONT dislike the angular roof on the GT-R . It kind of suits the car . And , i the only thing i like from the nissan stable is the GT-R .

Secondly , Not referring to the rear space of the 370 z . Just brought it up in comparison to the X6 because it has the capacity of upto 5 . The 370Z is a 2 seater i know . Just the shape . Nothing to do with the rear space .
smalhotra_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 04:48   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,601 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I'd buy a 350 anyday over the 370. It has much more character to itself. I hate the wanna-be attitude which is oozing from the 370.
Scorcher, I have driven both Z cars and believe me, 370Z is a delight to drive. They have improved little little things in 370 over 350 but it drives much better. Basically both of them look very similar except minor cosmetic changes in 370 (headlights, tail lights, bonnet shape, a small rear spoiler etc.).

I don't know what kind of "wanna-be attitude" you are talking about? but personally, I would say 370 over 350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
the only thing i like from the nissan stable is the GT-R .
Are you saying this because GT-R is the best they offer? It is like taking Murcielago over Gallardo from Lamborghini. Both are good cars, with in their respective competition. Don't get me wrong buddy but my point is, is it overall VFM (including the looks as well) compared to the competition? And 370Z is a VFM, IMHO.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 23rd March 2010 at 05:02.
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:19   #115
BHPian
 
smalhotra_93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 709
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post



Are you saying this because GT-R is the best they offer? It is like taking Murcielago over Gallardo from Lamborghini. Both are good cars, with in their respective competition. Don't get me wrong buddy but my point is, is it overall VFM (including the looks as well) compared to the competition? And 370Z is a VFM, IMHO.
As i said earlier buddy , its a personal opinion . The problems that i have with the 370Z have been told about earlier . The biggest of them is The rear shape . It seriously looks hideous when u look at it from the side . It looks like eh . Oh wait a minute , there is nothing as bad looking as that !

It might be good VFM but if you are spending 60 lakh rupees on this , why not go for a BMW Z4 ?

Your opinion might be completely different from mine but these cars are good in their own . For example a Z4 has a 1000 times better shape than the Z4 .

Thats just one .

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd March 2010 at 14:23. Reason: Deleting extra smiley
smalhotra_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:46   #116
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,601 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
As i said earlier buddy , its a personal opinion . The problems that i have with the 370Z have been told about earlier . The biggest of them is The rear shape . It seriously looks hideous when u look at it from the side . It looks like eh . Oh wait a minute , there is nothing as bad looking as that !

It might be good VFM but if you are spending 60 lakh rupees on this , why not go for a BMW Z4 ?

Your opinion might be completely different from mine but these cars are good in their own . For example a Z4 has a 1000 times better shape than the Z4 .

Thats just one .
No denying, Z4 is a looker, but thats all what it is. Then it comes to German Vs Japanese. Japs are more powerful, faster, way cheaper but at the end of the day, remain Jap. Obviously snob value remains lower than Germans... Who cares if you've got a Nissan, Beemer will surely turn more heads. Rest, everyone to his own.
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:13   #117
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Whats with this 350 vs 370 battle?
IMO, its just an attempt on Nissan's part to keep the "Z" badge alive, but in vain!
They have come up with one horrendous looking thing!
Well here is a 350Z which I caught the other day,reposting to make a point!
Report & Pics: Nissan 370Z launch in Mumbai + display in various cities-350z_3.jpg

This is an object of beauty! Its graceful, its suave, and looks a proper thoroughbred!
The 370Z on the other hand is more of a wannabe as already stated by fellow BHPians. It lacks the oomph factor of the 350Z. Nissan seems to have taken out the finer points of the 350 and built the 370 without those. Its just not worth it!

VFM : check
Performance : 333 BHP, Oh yes!
Looks : horrendous, ugly, etc (anything else it will be considered as profanity)

Nissan Designers should be meted out to
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:26   #118
BHPian
 
smalhotra_93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 709
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
No denying, Z4 is a looker, but thats all what it is. Then it comes to German Vs Japanese. Japs are more powerful, faster, way cheaper but at the end of the day, remain Jap. Obviously snob value remains lower than Germans... Who cares if you've got a Nissan, Beemer will surely turn more heads. Rest, everyone to his own.
Z4 is also priced at about 58 or 59 lakhs i suppose . So not much of a price difference though . But anyone who doesn't like take into consideration all the factors while buying a car would definitely pick up the Bimmer as he thinks that he'll turn more heads and he is correct .

But i think we'll end it here and get back to spotting some more exotics !
smalhotra_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:42   #119
BHPian
 
designersf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 602
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
front and back tires are different. profiles and sizes are different what the hell is going on they dont realized that someone might just notice all this in a demo car.
Actually, in all sports cars, the front and the rear tyres are different. Front tyres are narrower to aid steering while the rear are wider as they are the driven wheels (for Rear Wheel Drive cars). It is a fact and 99% of the sportscars follow this.

Since the rib height is a factor of the width of the tyre (called the aspect ratio), the profile would obviously change. I dont understand how you blame this as I had seen the car for real in Chennai and found no faults with it.
designersf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:31   #120
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,367
Thanked: 22,586 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Good catch! Weird how the front and rear tires are of a different brand
First few posts in this thread will explain why the rear tyres had to be changed.

Not sure why they didn't change all 4 though.

@jesal - its called staggered wheels.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Database of Spares Distributors in Different Cities for Various Brands shishir_bn The Indian Car Scene 10 9th August 2011 17:47
Car Accessories Shops In Various Cities Vulken Auto Modifications & Accessories 395 21st June 2010 10:55
Nissan 370Z launch expected in 2010 as CBU. Invinsible The Indian Car Scene 36 20th January 2010 17:38
2009 Nissan 370Z Prediction : Now Launched! K-S-A The International Automotive Scene 32 13th June 2009 09:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks