Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th January 2010, 03:09   #106

Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Probably because Skoda is the only premium car manufacturer to do so? I mean, the Octavia is the most expensive outdated (discontinued) car you can buy in India. And frankly, the product itself is showing its age today. Poor interior packaging, non-common rail engine....the market is making its preference clear by choosing the Laura over the Octavia. Yup, the Laura does outsell its older sibling.

I can totally understand economy manufacturers like say, Maruti, selling outdated models. But certainly not a brand that has premium aspirations.
believe it or not the skoda octavia we have here is still selling in few markets as skoda octavia tour, its shocking but true
here is the model link-
?koda Auto - ?koda Octavia Tour - Look
The octavia tour comes in both wagon & hatch, take a look..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 17:54   #107

Yesterday, I checked out a Skoda Fabia @ Europa Auto. Its a Pashankar Auto initiative.

The price of Fabia Classic 1.2 petrol has been brought down to 5.97 lacs on road. With a 40000 discount, suddenly this car makes great sense.

Given the horror stories heard about Skoda service, Pashankar Auto should surely come as a confidence booster.

Price List:-
Skoda Planning to Reposition the product lineup-fabia-price-list.jpg

nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote