Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 30th March 2010, 20:59   #226
Team-BHP Support

I beleive the VW bug club bought the Saab based monstrosity and destroyed it publically
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 11:27   #227
Senior - BHPian

I find all the chop shop so called modded / super car winner of the wired and wacky thread

i cannot understand that mating two or more car together and they call it a super car

that leepu guy is the worst designer of the century even DC is better than him (way better than him)

but the car designed with leepu not their in the garage were great and i specially like the yellow MG

Last edited by manikjeet : 31st March 2010 at 11:43.
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 12:28   #228
Senior - BHPian

In terms of car modfying shows, nothing comes close to Overhaulin. Those guys are real pros.

Im not sure how Chop Shop is sustaining since neither the show nor the designs are impressive. Their cars are not only ugly but also very unsafe.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 12:39   #229
BHPian

well shan2nu, i agree with you, but then all said when i see those $$ they earn out of it, can only imagine their marketing skills to find nerds who would pay that much for a "modded" car. Plus quite interesting they are able to catch hold of wealth NRI's

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 31st March 2010 at 12:42.
dar3dev|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 14:26   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
In terms of car modfying shows, nothing comes close to Overhaulin. Those guys are real pros.

Im not sure how Chop Shop is sustaining since neither the show nor the designs are impressive. Their cars are not only ugly but also very unsafe.

Shan2nu
i was wondering the same yesterday night while watching it when they crashed their car while testing it
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 19:12   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

It seems that have stopped showing Overhaulin now :(
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 22:51   #232
BANNED

Got the cosmo pack activated just for DISCOVERY TURBO

I'm lovin this channel!!
thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 22:58   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Exclamation Still only TATA Sky?

Is it still available only on Tata Sky? Any idea when it would become available with other providers like Reliance Big TV?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 09:11   #234
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Thumbs up SCV CAS STB goes Turbo !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Chennai guys, is this available on the SCV set top box?
Hi Gilead, & other Chennai SCV set-top-box subscribers, both 'Discovery-Turbo' & 'Discovery-Science' have been added to the channel list. Wasn't there last night, so I guess its from May onwards
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 15:35   #235
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2010 at 12:48.
Johnny_ is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 7th May 2010, 08:25   #236
BHPian

Had yesterday sent an Email to Airtel Digital TV customer care regarding Discovery Turbo and here is what they have to say.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Digital TV

This is with reference to your mail regarding top up.

We would like to inform you that Discovery Turbo channel is not available. We are already in process to introduce new channels on our platform and will definitely consider your suggestions and keep updating you accordingly.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer & we look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

Regards,
Airtel Digital TV.
shantanumishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 11:13   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Gilead, & other Chennai SCV set-top-box subscribers, both 'Discovery-Turbo' & 'Discovery-Science' have been added to the channel list. Wasn't there last night, so I guess its from May onwards
Yup new channels have been added to the set top box list scv. They are turbo,science and Warner Bros movies.

Finally I can see turbo.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 11:23   #238
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Discovery Turbo has started disappointing, There are a couple of interesting shows, but there is also a lot of crap. A lot of attention at times given to non automotive aspects of life. (in the Garage expecially). The Chop shop is too chopped up (episode wise) for someone to see what actually happens with a project from start to stop.

Somehow the car shows on Indian News Channels seems to have reduced since Discovery turbo came up.

Wish there was more of the quality stuff, like Overhauling, TG, 5th Gear.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 11:42   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Somehow the car shows on Indian News Channels seems to have reduced since Discovery turbo came up.

I wish the Indian channels come up something innovative to watch other than car & bike reviews. But as a matter of fact, I don't feel or even need to watch any of those episodes when I can browse TBHP to get a faster, better, updated, honest & real time reviews.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 20:22   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Damn ! I just got TATA Sky last week specifically for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Discovery Turbo has started disappointing, There are a couple of interesting shows, but there is also a lot of crap. A lot of attention at times given to non automotive aspects of life. (in the Garage expecially). The Chop shop is too chopped up (episode wise) for someone to see what actually happens with a project from start to stop.

Wish there was more of the quality stuff, like Overhauling, TG, 5th Gear.
I second this, there's lot of noise , too many promotions for the programs and except for Biker Build-off and 5th Gear I see no popular programs.This channel is too hyped !
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote