Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 11th November 2010, 09:49   #316
BHPian

Just an update:
I live in Dadar (West) area of Mumbai & have an In-Cable Net's Set Top Box at my place which is having Discover Turbo channel on channel no. 307 & from around last 3 weeks there is no sound or very little sound for Discovery Turbo. I have given the complaint regarding this to our cable provider but he says that everywhere there is no sound still after showing that there is a proper sound for the same channel on my neighbor's Tata Sky.
Anyone here is experiencing the same difficulty here ??
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 17:29   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Just an update:
I live in Dadar (West) area of Mumbai & have an In-Cable Net's Set Top Box at my place which is having Discover Turbo channel on channel no. 307 & from around last 3 weeks there is no sound or very little sound for Discovery Turbo. I have given the complaint regarding this to our cable provider but he says that everywhere there is no sound still after showing that there is a proper sound for the same channel on my neighbor's Tata Sky.
I am getting the channel via Dish Tv,while my cousin gets it through the local cable guy and there has been no problem with sound in both these case.
harishnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 18:33   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Just an update:
Hi! This happened to me a few years ago in CHennai with SVC cable's set top box for some news channel (CNN i think). The fix is as follows:-
> Go to the 'OK' button which displays the program info.
> Press the 'left' or 'right' cursor. This will change the audio channel.
> In Chennai, some channels have Tamil, so keep toggling till you get English.

If you still have issues, just try locating the Audio option for THAT particular channel and make sure it is set to 'L+R'. This will re-enable the sound. Its fun to play with the remotes, i discovered so many features!
Hope it gets sorted out
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 07:57   #319
BHPian

Default Re: The "Discovery Turbo" thread - A 24 hour automotive channel now on Indian TV

Finally, I am on Discovery Turbo now, Recharged my Tata Sky account after shifting back to Gurgaon and added Turbo. Watched few episodes of Fifth Gear, Rides in whatever little time I caught, and its looking good as of now.
shantanumishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 13:39   #320
BANNED

Default Re: The "Discovery Turbo" thread - A 24 hour automotive channel now on Indian TV

Man, i love this channel! It is available free of cost to me through Tata Sky.

The shows i like the most are,
Fifth Gear
Overhaulin
Auto Trader
Wheeler Dealers.

Fifth Gear imho, is the best show of the channel.
DMehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 18:13   #321
BHPian

I think its high time and have to think of switching to Tata Sky from Airtel.

A recent visit to my friends place and watching "fith gear" on his 42inch lcd made me go crazy. Tried calling Airtel CC and they are still shortly adding it to the list, since a last so many months. Sick on their part
Jaizcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 20:15   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaizcrzy View Post
I think its high time and have to think of switching to Tata Sky from Airtel.

A recent visit to my friends place and watching "fith gear" on his 42inch lcd made me go crazy. Tried calling Airtel CC and they are still shortly adding it to the list, since a last so many months. Sick on their part
Airtel will be adding this channel shortly. They have shifted to a new satellite(SES-7) from Insat-4CR. They are short of Transponders in Insat. Hence, they migrated to SES-7 and this channel is one of the new channels that will be added. Even Disc. Science, Disc. HD and Movies Now HD will also be added. As of now, all the new customers are being installed towards SES-7 and the migration for the old customers will be in a phased manner.
vvrchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 14:52   #323
BHPian

Good News for Airtel Digital TV Subscribers. Discovery Turbo and Science finally on Airtel Digital TV. I have already subscribed to it, however still can't view the channels, the Airtel guy said they need to change the Dish direction to the new satellite.
OHCVtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 16:27   #324
Senior - BHPian

Bad news is Discovery turbo is repeating the programs which they showed last year. And then they showed the same ones in Discovery Travel and Living (now TLC) some 3-4 years ago .

Infact most of the programs used to come in Discovery Travel and Living earlier. Overhauling which they were showing till last week was 2006 Series, and have showed that a long back.

American chopper is a repeat again. American chopper Senior Vs Junior was repeated once and then stopped.

Wheeler dealer is repeated too. So is Biker Build off, Street Car Tuner Challange and British Biker build off Plus Chop Shop is repeated once again now.

I hope they introduce new episodes of the popular series or they introduce some good new series.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 16:45   #325
BHPian

Finally subscribed to the channel. waiting for the Airtel service engineer to come the change the direction of the dish. Am happy
Wait, what am i hearing repeat telecast of programs... thats bad. anyways,for me this would be the first time. So, not really worried for the moment.
Jaizcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 22:14   #326
BHPian

in todays TOI, there was an advert for Top Gear new episodes on BBC entertainment wed 10:00pm
Hope this is also transmitted on Turbo.
yajaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 11:31   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaizcrzy View Post
Wait, what am i hearing repeat telecast of programs... thats bad. anyways,for me this would be the first time. So, not really worried for the moment.
You are spared for some time . Hard Shine is repeated again, so was 5th Gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
in todays TOI, there was an advert for Top Gear new episodes on BBC entertainment wed 10:00pm
Hope this is also transmitted on Turbo.
Nope, Turbo is by Discovery channel and so we will not see Jeremy or Richard or James on the channel.
Old 24th March 2011, 14:41   #328
Senior - BHPian

Watched "turbo-charged" on disc turbo today.

Awesome program that followed the Fall Line BMW M3, taking part in the Grand Am Continental Sports Car Challenge at Daytona and Watkins Glen. Enjoyed the detailed technical aspects involved in racing.

To my surprise, removing the catcon and mufflers on the M3 reduced it's peak torque by 10bhp.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 15:35   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Watched "turbo-charged" on disc turbo today.

Awesome program that followed the Fall Line BMW M3, taking part in the Grand Am Continental Sports Car Challenge at Daytona and Watkins Glen. Enjoyed the detailed technical aspects involved in racing.

To my surprise, removing the catcon and mufflers on the M3 reduced it's peak torque by 10bhp.

Shan2nu
Are you sure of the Toruqe measured in BHP . In theory and in Practice yes if you remove restriction the torque drops down.
Old 24th March 2011, 15:38   #330
Senior - BHPian

Typo : It was peak bhp not peak torque...

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 24th March 2011 at 15:39.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote