Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd March 2010, 13:37   #91
BHPian

Default Doesn't seem like a CRDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I am surprised that this info is still not here..

The March 2010 issue of Overdrive has stated that they have been told by Mitsubishi that a diesel Outlander will be launched in India in by October 2010.

Here is what has been reported by Overdrive after a description of the new EVO front Outlander. “Mitsubishi has also revealed to Overdrive that it will start selling the diesel Outlander in India by October 2010. The engine likely us a 2.0-litre turbodiesel good for 140PS and 228 Nm. Expect to see a six-speed manual and six-speed automatic.”

Also, Overdrive has revealed that Mitsubishi will launch new Pajero Sport in mid 2010 to rival to the Fortuner. This Pajero will be based on Mitsubishi’s Triton pick-up platform. Just gonna start a new thread on the same.

If the company manages to price the two cars well and also market them well, they will be bigger hits than the Fortuner!
I saw this as well. It sounds to me like this is not a CRDI engine by the way they explicitly said turbodiesel. I would be really disappointed if it isn't.
Pedal2Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:35   #92
BHPian

They've thrown some chrome + H4 projector lamps + EVO X grille; goes well with the facelift badge, but does not come as an icing on the cake. Perhaps they could throw some more warranty on the product.

To me it looks like an Audi mated with a Mitsu. With the EVO X making it's way to the Indian market shortly, the Outlander would probably make end users wary of the similar design trends they both share.
inreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:00   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
With the EVO X making it's way to the Indian market shortly, the Outlander would probably make end users wary of the similar design trends they both share.
Potential buyers of Outlander would be already aware of the EVO nose and it doesn't necessarily require EVO X to arrive in India to promt a comparsion. Even when they bring EVO X, it is going to be a rare scene.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:56   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow !! Kudos to Hindustan Motors. This face lifted Outlander is going to absolutely knock out the competition. Toyota/Honda won't know what hit them..
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 12:22   #95
BHPian

I hear from the BLR dealership that there is a waiting period of more than a month for the Outlander now.
I still don't understand why Mitsubishi hasn't launched it officially (no print ads or website updates), initially they had told March 9th would be the official launch date.

one guess could be, Initially they launched the car at 19.65 Lakhs exshowroom, then the excise duty wthdrawal caused a price hike of abiout 40K. May be they are waiting for March to be over to stabilize the price point.

Another rumor is that they do not have strategy inplace for Monterosport yet, price bracket closer to Pajero & Outlander will just eat up volumes with in...
sknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 13:26   #96
Senior - BHPian

I fail to understand what is preventing HM/Mitsubishi from going all out against Fortuner/Endeavour/Captiva. There should be a price war here, IMO.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 20:27   #97
BHPian

Here is some more news. New facelifted version has not gone well in terms of design acceptance. Here is another design being quickly unveiled in US.

Mitsubishi Outlander Sport to Debut at NY Auto Show : Auto News

By the way....I bought an Jan 2010 Outlander (old face)...review to follow soon.
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 20:44   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Here is some more news. New facelifted version has not gone well in terms of design acceptance. Here is another design being quickly unveiled in US.

Mitsubishi Outlander Sport to Debut at NY Auto Show : Auto News

By the way....I bought an Jan 2010 Outlander (old face)...review to follow soon.
Those are the production pics of the Concept-CX crossover, it is going be released in US as Outlander sport ,in Europe as the ASX and as the RVR in Japan. It is a bit smaller than the normal Outlander and also its supposed to be cheaper.

Last edited by harishnair : 24th March 2010 at 20:46.
harishnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 16:41   #99
BHPian

I agree, its the RVR and smaller version of Outlander. Its very unlikely it will make it ever to India. unless Skoda Yeti creates a niche for small SUVs in the below 15 Lakhs bracket.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:12   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Here is some more news. New facelifted version has not gone well in terms of design acceptance. .
In today's Times of India there is a review of Outalner ("Outlandinsh Evolution") by Zigwheels, per review (hope neutral party) the design is well accepted and the verdict is that "outlander is loaded and the best value for money in this segment".

I checked Mitsu site, Its still not updated < can't understand the logic>...

There is this news of HM Top brass quiting and rumored to be pulling out of car business. Any side effect of that?
Old 28th March 2010, 13:01   #101
BHPian

Mitsubishi India to roll out facelifted 'Outlander' by April'10-WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News

Outlander website Mitsubishi Outlander still says site under construction.
alto99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 10:30   #102
BANNED

Drove the Outlander yesterday, and loved it. Just a bit wary about the fuel consumption. They claim 7-8 in the city, but I have a manual Accord 2.4 which gives just 5.5. While if its 7 plus, I'm OK with it but it would be a disaster if I buy it and it gives say 4 kmpl.

Any ideas on the genuine fuel efficiency?

Any ideas on the diesel version launch? The dealer claims its not coming but I saw a auto mag quote somewhere in this thread.

Did a search on both of these but found no answers.

They really should have added the curtain airbags in the Indian version too.
deepakvrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 10:47   #103
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Drove the Outlander yesterday, and loved it. Just a bit wary about the fuel consumption. They claim 7-8 in the city, but I have a manual Accord 2.4 which gives just 5.5. While if its 7 plus, I'm OK with it but it would be a disaster if I buy it and it gives say 4 kmpl.

Any ideas on the genuine fuel efficiency?

Most Outlander owners, I have had a word with claim FE of around 6-7km/l in City. On highway, its 8+.

Any ideas on the diesel version launch? The dealer claims its not coming but I saw a auto mag quote somewhere in this thread.

March 2010 Overdrive magazine stated that the Outlander will be available in Diesel in October 2010. However, its difficult to be sure in case of HM-Mitsubishi. If you want Diesel, you may also want to wait for the new Pajero Sport (I know they are two different car but still) which is to be lauched in July-August 2010 (kind of confirmed news.. but again you never know wiith HM).

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 31st March 2010 at 10:49.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 17:46   #104
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Drove the Outlander yesterday, and loved it.
The petrol engine aside, the Outlander is truly a heck of a soft-roader. Great road manners, easy to drive, loaded with kit and Jap reliability.

Quote:
Just a bit wary about the fuel consumption.
As per the post above, expect 6 - 7 kpl in the city.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 18:36   #105
BANNED

Thanks GTO.

Thanks Gaurav.

For reference, my driving is in crazy traffic. I have a Lancer which is 12 years old, gives 13-14 on highway but 7 in 'my' city driving. Hence the worry. My Accord gives 5.5. Traffic conditions are crazy where I live and its complete start/stop traffic.

BTW, I am completely unable to post from home [Airtel connection which works fine with all other sites, including forums]. Any idea what the issue could be?

When I post a quick reply I get this [screenshot], and when I try to go advanced and click submit, I just get a blank screen.
Attached Thumbnails
New 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Facelift launched-tbhp.jpg  

deepakvrao is offline   Reply With Quote