Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd February 2010, 23:18   #1
Default Event Data Recorders in indian Driving conditions

Hi everybody,

Today i was going through a thread by 'Tejas' on fitting a camcorder in his car to record his trip to Mahabaleshwar, and the first thing that came to my mind on reading the Title, was an episode of CSI on AXN, in which the Cops catch the Bad Guys on the basis of the video clip recorded by the Car's Event Data Recorder.

It struck me as something which is indispensable for indian driving conditions where every now and then a motorcyclist is hit by beemer or something and it is always publicized to be the mistake of the Car driver.

So what is everybody's take on this? Should at least the High-End cars being sold in India, be Factory-fitted with such a Device or the customer be provided with an option to get such a device fitted from the Dealer?

Arpit is offline   Reply With Quote