Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 2nd October 2005, 12:56   #136
Senior - BHPian

you're most welcome, jimmy and ms.... and here i was, thinking that the pics weren't upto the mark, because it was taken by my phone-cam....

i like the baleno too; in fact, i love the way it looks- dunno why (the same in the petra/siena's case; looks odd, but i love it). it looks like a pukka rice racer..

but you see, we all were (or at least i was) expecting the A.B.S and airbags in the upgrade list....wish maruti would've done that at least...and perhaps a clear lens treatment for the rear, without changing it's shape....

@ms- it might be possible to change your manual sliding controls to the new climatronic system. but beware- it involves heavy alterations to the O.E wiring, so you might have to replace the A/C's wiring harness; also, the conversion might cost you somewhere in the region of 15-20,000 rupees....(the new baleno has increased it's sticker tag by 12,000, mostly thanks to the climate control..)
Old 2nd October 2005, 13:05   #137
BHPian

WOW!! The old one finally started to get something going under the hood...when Maruti have introduced this they are sure to get a lot more buyers...and hope this one is just as modifyable as the old one.
Old 2nd October 2005, 13:11   #138
Senior - BHPian

Again, maruti calls this "new" and "refreshing changes"..... Its sad to see the tail lights not even made "clear lamps".... Bad job, yet again!! hardly any cosmetic changes from the previous version..... **Thumbs down**
Old 2nd October 2005, 14:28   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
@ms- it might be possible to change your manual sliding controls to the new climatronic system. but beware- it involves heavy alterations to the O.E wiring, so you might have to replace the A/C's wiring harness; also, the conversion might cost you somewhere in the region of 15-20,000 rupees....(the new baleno has increased it's sticker tag by 12,000, mostly thanks to the climate control..)
Thanks veyron... I hope Maruti thinks that way too!

Well, I believe that ABS and airbags have questionable utility especially in India, unlike seatbelts and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) which are true lifesavers, as evidence with insurance firms will indicate. I'm glad Maruti is determined to give true VFM for its Baleno customers.
Old 2nd October 2005, 17:52   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Well, I believe that ABS and airbags have questionable utility especially in India, unlike seatbelts and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) which are true lifesavers, as evidence with insurance firms will indicate.
Surely you arent serious...seatbelts abs esc and airbags all work in saving lives.

Drifter
Old 3rd October 2005, 09:55   #141
BHPian

Hey guys, my bro-in-law got a better deal from Chandigarh. His Baleno LXI (old) cost 5.25 net on road (including insurance and registration). I guess that is the cheapest we can get in India...
Old 3rd October 2005, 10:29   #142
BHPian

Quote:
your wish is my command....here are the pics..
Thanks Veyron for the pictures....not worth the wait we all had for the last 2 to 3 months thinking of a much better baleno.. they put clear lens tail lights even on the new esteem...This is a very bad job from Maruti thinking of the fact that the baleno has picked up in sales since the last 2 years and a better job would have made it ahead of accents ikons etc and even catch up with the city....However i doubt whether there is any restriction from Suzuki on changing the shape / lights??? and that has caused this ...

and again why a climate control... air bags and ABS would have been much better

Any way good news for Owners of OLD baleno...By the way should we call the new baleno from now on as the NMB (New Maruti Baleno) like the NHC
Old 3rd October 2005, 10:42   #143
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics !

A few questions if I may .. and if you had noticed !

1. What model Goodyear tyres are those ?
2. What make/model is the OEM MP3 player ?
3. How many speakers & where are they located ?
Old 3rd October 2005, 12:27   #144
Senior - BHPian

veyron ,

U sure thats the new baleno ??

unless i have lost my eyesight - i dont see a damn diff inside or outside - except the climatronic .
Old 3rd October 2005, 12:40   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

If this sthe new Baleno than its thw orst job ever done, as amtte of fact there are no changes at all to call it new
Old 3rd October 2005, 14:58   #146
BHPian

Veyron,
can u post a picture of it's front ?
Old 3rd October 2005, 15:20   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
Veyron,
can u post a picture of it's front ?
Front is exactly the same as old one, only the top portion of the back lights have been changed.
Old 3rd October 2005, 17:39   #148
Senior - BHPian

Maruti price hike announced ....

Baleno LXi price increased by Rs. 1,100 ....

http://www.chennaionline.com/colnews...YNAME=Business
Old 3rd October 2005, 21:30   #149
BHPian

I am very happy that my OMB (Old maruti Baleno) won't be seen the way NMB would nbe seen.
Glad that even my dad hated the new looks and gave a pat on my back for the timely purchase (Sep)
Brings a question whether the climate control can be fitted to OMB, which happens to be the only utility in the new avtar
Old 4th October 2005, 03:20   #150
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Angry

New? Whats new ! Its the same old bloody car !
Closed Thread