Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 23:41   #196
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,167
Thanked: 850 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
There is no way Ford will plonk a 1.2L into the Fiesta hatch. If they had been doing any such re-engineering of that sort, we would have heard of it by now. The test mules spotted near Chennai are 1.6L.
Yes,the 1.2L petrol in the new Fiesta hatch does sound a bit lowly! But you never know what tricks Ford might have in its sleeve! You see,with the engines expected in the Fiesta hatch,namely the 1.4L TDci and the 1.6L petrol, I doubt it'll ever be a big volume player.More on the lines of the Jazz/Fabia.There's a strong chance that the new Fiesta sedan might even outsell it.Though I'd say,with the same engines to play with,the hatch will be the better looking sensible buy!

On the other hand,there's no point of the 1.2L petrol Fiesta hatch.Shock pricing or not,it'll obviously be more expensive than the 1.2 Figo.Then,the only USP of the Fiesta will be its looks,because the Figo is by no means short on interior space. Which might appeal to some,but then the Figo will make for a more sensible,cheaper buy! So it will either end up cannibalizing the 1.2L petrol Figo or won't sell well at all!
AyAn! is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 10:04   #197
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

The Fiesta hatch will never be a volume player at 7 lacs, but it will move decently enough if they don't compromise on the engines and the interiors. There is a market for premium hatches, albeit a small one at the moment. Low volumes/High Margins is as good a strategy as High Volumes/Low Margins.
Gilead is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 10:56   #198
Senior - BHPian
 
MaserQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,156
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

I would expect the fit and finish on the new Fiesta to be on par or better than the current one. A 7 lac Fiesta would have its task cut out against the Jazz. Even a 1.6 TDCi Fiesta S hatch would have to undercut the Jazz to sell decent numbers.
MaserQ is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 10:59   #199
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Mustang, the 1.4 TDCi is now outshone by newer, more powerful, competitors. The 4.5 lakh Figo can still carry that engine, but I doubt a new C segment sedan could make do with only 68 BHP. Lets also keep in mind that the new Fiesta will be larger / heavier than the current car and thus, will have a lower power to weight ratio (if the 1.4 TDCi is used).

Diesels are inherently fuel efficient. I doubt anyones going to complain about a 1.6 TDCis fuel efficiency, which is presumably respectable (independent of the 1.4).
I am sure you will se the 1.6 TDCi in the fiesta sedaN but i am not sure whether you will see it in the hatch & as you know the hatch is the one thats coming first to india.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Can we expect the Fiesta hatch to go up against the i20 or will it move into Jazz price point?

The Focus has been in the pipeline for far too long. This is a car that should have made it to India before or in place of the Mondeo. There are Ikon/Fiesta owners looking to upgrade and they are left with no choice but to look elsewhere.
Well you can expect the prices of the fiesta hatch to be very very competitive, thats all i can say right now.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Mustang, here's my unsolicited pricing suggestions for your future launches. Please pass them along to your Marketing division.

Fiesta hatch- 7 lacs
Fiesta sedan- 9 lacs
Focus sedan- 11 lacs
Mondeo- 13 lacs

I will buy the Focus in about 4 years if you get the pricing right.
Heres my observation, Its what i think & nothing is official.

Fiesta hatch- 6 lacs starting
Fiesta sedan- 7.5 lacs starting
Focus sedan- 11 lacs starting
Mondeo- 14 lacs starting




Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
The Fiesta hatch measures 3950mm in length. As it qualifies for the excise benefit, the 1.2 petrol engine would most likely power the base variant. The entry level Polo and i20 use similar 1.2 petrols and start near the 5 lac mark. And yes, you can buy your 1.6, 120 bhp loaded-to-the-gills Fiesta hatch for 7 lac and tell us about it.
The fiesta hatch is more than 4000 mm long. I am sure you wont see the 1.2 L in it but the only 2 other engines of petrol that can be fitted in it are the 1.4L duratec & the 1.6L duratec ti-vct.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The Fiesta hatch will never be a volume player at 7 lacs, but it will move decently enough if they don't compromise on the engines and the interiors. There is a market for premium hatches, albeit a small one at the moment. Low volumes/High Margins is as good a strategy as High Volumes/Low Margins.

Yes i agree with you, but if we can offer an entry level 1.6 hatch with the basic interior @ 6 Lacs as i showed you in the interior pics, then it will surely be a hot seller too.
Mustang.101 is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 13:42   #200
BHPian
 
indivic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 753
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

The fiesta hatch is more than 4000 mm long. I am sure you wont see the 1.2 L in it but the only 2 other engines of petrol that can be fitted in it are the 1.4L duratec & the 1.6L duratec ti-vct.
Is Ford working on modifying the hatch, since any place I check, I see that the Fiesta is only 3950 mm

Ford Fiesta 1.6TDCi (95ps) DPF Titanium Hatchback 5d 1560cc full specification - BBC Top Gear
Ford Fiesta Econetic 1.6 TDCi DPF Dimensions | UK New Car Data

Or is the Fiesta going to be launched as

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1566952 (Why cant we get a nice compact Diesel SUV/Crossover in the price range of Rs 4-7 Lacs)

Some renderings on the WWW

http://projecoesautomotivas.blogspot...8_archive.html

Last edited by indivic : 18th May 2010 at 13:50.
indivic is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 14:23   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
MaserQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,156
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Mustang, are you absolutely certain that the Indian Fiesta hatch is over 4 metres? A simple search reveals that a 5-door Euro Fiesta hatch is 3950mm in length. Please refer: Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.25i 60 Studio 5dr Specifications - What Car?

Ford are masters at trimming rear sides...but here it seems to be the opposite!

Indivic, Mustang had indicated in an earlier thread about the possibility of the mini SUV in question. In any case, it will come much after the Fiesta hatch, if at all. See here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...line-up-4.html (Ford India's future line up)
MaserQ is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 16:52   #202
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I am sure you will se the 1.6 TDCi in the fiesta sedaN but i am not sure whether you will see it in the hatch & as you know the hatch is the one thats coming first to india.
As others pointed out this hatch surely needs a 1.6 TDCI, not many would pay premium for a hatch just for better looks and interiors with Figo's powertrain .


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
if we can offer an entry level 1.6 hatch with the basic interior @ 6 Lacs as i showed you in the interior pics, then it will surely be a hot seller too.
I was actually trying to find that pic you had posted for the basic trim. Could you send me the link please.
karanraheja is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 18:16   #203
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Mustang, are you absolutely certain that the Indian Fiesta hatch is over 4 metres? A simple search reveals that a 5-door Euro Fiesta hatch is 3950mm in length. Please refer: Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.25i 60 Studio 5dr Specifications - What Car?

Ford are masters at trimming rear sides...but here it seems to be the opposite!

Indivic, Mustang had indicated in an earlier thread about the possibility of the mini SUV in question. In any case, it will come much after the Fiesta hatch, if at all. See here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...line-up-4.html (Ford India's future line up)
I am not sure guys, when i was at a screening here in ford india, someone mentioned the length as some 4084 mm, i will check & let you know.



Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
As others pointed out this hatch surely needs a 1.6 TDCI, not many would pay premium for a hatch just for better looks and interiors with Figo's powertrain .




I was actually trying to find that pic you had posted for the basic trim. Could you send me the link please.
I think that would be a valid point for the company to consider, even i hope for a 1.6 TDCi.

The thread is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rior-pics.html

I am sure you can easily locate the entry level interior there.
Mustang.101 is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 22:41   #204
BHPian
 
Avinash_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 174
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

I am disappointed to see that the focus hatch is not coming
Avinash_R is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 23:20   #205
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
I am disappointed to see that the focus hatch is not coming
Will you buy one at 9 or 10 lacs if they launched it?
Gilead is offline  
Old 19th May 2010, 00:00   #206
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,167
Thanked: 850 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Mustang, are you absolutely certain that the Indian Fiesta hatch is over 4 metres? A simple search reveals that a 5-door Euro Fiesta hatch is 3950mm in length. Please refer: Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.25i 60 Studio 5dr Specifications - What Car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I am not sure guys, when i was at a screening here in ford india, someone mentioned the length as some 4084 mm, i will check & let you know.
@MaserQ If you notice the What Car? page closely,you can see that the car against which the measurement has been done is the Fiesta three door,not the five door(Just enlarge the image and look at the first diagram). Actually its quite misleading,because in the spec sheet it has been specifically mentioned that the number of doors is 5.

Try the Wiki link instead.It mentions a more acceptable 4067mm for the 5 door hatch.
Ford Fiesta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AyAn! is offline  
Old 19th May 2010, 11:01   #207
BHPian
 
indivic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 753
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post

Try the Wiki link instead.It mentions a more acceptable 4067mm for the 5 door hatch.
Ford Fiesta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
@AyAn! -4067mm I guess is for the 2011 Fiesta that is bound stateside, the Euro spec one (2008-2010) tops out at 3950 mm
indivic is offline  
Old 19th May 2010, 14:42   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,167
Thanked: 850 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
@AyAn! -4067mm I guess is for the 2011 Fiesta that is bound stateside, the Euro spec one (2008-2010) tops out at 3950 mm
Yes,you are right. 4067mm(106.1in) is the length of the US spec 2011 Fiesta 5 door hatch.(no three door in the US), while the Euro spec 5 door hatch measures 3952.24mm(155.6in) in length.To be precise!
AyAn! is offline  
Old 19th May 2010, 15:12   #209
Senior - BHPian
 
MaserQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,156
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

There is a bit of confusion regarding the length of the Fiesta as even Topgear and Whatcar UK have listed both the 3/5 door as 3950mm. Does that mean both are equal in length?!

Refer: Ford Fiesta 1.6TDCi (95ps) DPF Titanium Hatchback 5d 1560cc full specification - BBC Top Gear

Looking at the picture, there was no room to chop them bumpers anyway. More at: Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.6 TDCi Titanium 5dr Pictures - What Car?
Attached Images
 
MaserQ is offline  
Old 19th May 2010, 15:52   #210
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,167
Thanked: 850 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
There is a bit of confusion regarding the length of the Fiesta as even Topgear and Whatcar UK have listed both the 3/5 door as 3950mm. Does that mean both are equal in length?!
Since the 5 door US spec version measures 4067mm,I think it'd be safe to assume that 3095mm is indeed the length of the 5 door Euro spec version,considering the negligible difference in length from the US spec 5 door.

The 3 door will have a shorter wheelbase as well as a much considerable reduction in overall length.But lets not bother,because the 3 door isn't destined for India!
AyAn! is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCOOP PIC : Hyundai Starex MPV/H-1 Minivan spotted testing! rocky080 The Indian Car Scene 21 13th March 2017 15:35
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6 JRAJE The Indian Car Scene 126 4th March 2015 15:22
Scoop Pics : Unidentified Cruiser spotted Testing. EDIT: Harley-Davidson Street 750 ! kpzen Motorbikes 77 19th December 2013 19:43
Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15 sarthakgupta The Indian Car Scene 441 25th April 2013 12:26
Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing Auto freak The Indian Car Scene 92 15th October 2012 16:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:19.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks