Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st August 2010, 15:39   #241
Senior - BHPian

On an average the Fiesta hatchback is 10% more expensive than the Honda Jazz in the U.K, and it deserves to be. It is a much better car than the Honda. Perhaps we can use this pricing benchmark to compare the Fiesta sedan with a City.
Old 21st August 2010, 18:28   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
On an average the Fiesta hatchback is 10% more expensive than the Honda Jazz in the U.K, and it deserves to be. It is a much better car than the Honda. Perhaps we can use this pricing benchmark to compare the Fiesta sedan with a City.
Wow, that is news to me! But is it as spacious as the Jazz? I did see many Fiestas and Focuses in UK while driving to Leeds from London, and I must say I did not see that many Hondas---either sedans or hatchbacks.

Ford seems to be more popular in UK than in its mother country.
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:43   #243
Senior - BHPian

Thats because unlike in India the present gen. hondas aren't overated in the UK. The Fiesta looks and handles better, has a far better and wider engine range to choose from which includes diesels. That said pensioners swear by the jazz.
Old 24th August 2010, 15:11   #244
BHPian

We are talking and talking about New Fiesta Hatch and sedan for almost an year.. hmm.. Ford officials are fevicol lipped about this.

No car can match the Ford in terms of handling and build. I am using Fiesta for past 4 years - havent noticed a single rattle inside the cabin. My next upgrade will surely be a Ford.

BTW - Are we blessed to get Ford Focus here in India?
Old 1st September 2010, 12:25   #245
Senior - BHPian

Here is the link to a review of Fiesta by Carpoint Australia:

Ford Fiesta ? Car Reviews, News & Advice - CarPoint Australia

The car is yet to launched in Australia, but, they have managed a test drive & review.
Very good car as per the review, especially the diesel one, though the petrol automatic disappointed them so some extent for want of manual overdrive.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:05   #246
BHPian

Default A review from Malaysia

Ford Fiesta 1.4 and 1.6 Ti-VCT Test Drive Review

The Fiesta meant for India should match this...atleast some trim already matches Mustang's predictions.

Rear space looks sufficient, I hope the pricing is killer like the Figo.

Last edited by indivic : 1st September 2010 at 14:09.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:25   #247
Senior - BHPian

Will they launch the Powershift version and the top of the line Zetec variant? I highly doubt it but let's keep our fingers crossed.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:26   #248
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd September 2010 at 10:23.
Butters is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st September 2010, 14:48   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Will they launch the Powershift version and the top of the line Zetec variant? I highly doubt it but let's keep our fingers crossed.
Unlikely if they are going to play the pricing game. What I meant was the interior trim that Mustang was talking about in the other thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rior-pics.html
Old 1st September 2010, 14:51   #250
Senior - BHPian

The interior trim that Mustang posted is from the imported car. We still don't know what the India trim will be. I don't think it will look too different, but let's hope they don't compromise on the materials used for the sake of competitive pricing.
Old 1st September 2010, 15:03   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The interior trim that Mustang posted is from the imported car. We still don't know what the India trim will be. I don't think it will look too different, but let's hope they don't compromise on the materials used for the sake of competitive pricing.
All we can do is speculate since he cannot post anymore, who knows may be they sourced the interiors from India for the cars manufactured in Thailand, in any case I would assume that the pricing of the current line up would be adjusted to fit in both the hatch and sedan like

Figo - Vista, current Swift and the rest
Fiesta (current sedan) - Dzire, Manza
Fiesta hatch - i20,Jazz,new Swift, Polo competitor
New Fiesta sedan - City, Vento
Focus (perhaps ?) - Civic,Corolla
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:27   #252
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I reiterate that Ford has the opportunity to do an "i20" in the premium hatch segment. New Fiesta hatch + excellent petrol / diesel engine options + top notch trim level + 6.5 lakh rupee price tag. It seems to be a car that can get away with premium pricing. No overlapping with the Figo either, the new Fiesta hatch can be placed at full segment above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
We are talking and talking about New Fiesta Hatch and sedan for almost an year.. hmm.. Ford officials are fevicol lipped about this.
That's because Ford has completely focussed on the Figo over the last year or two. Understandably so, the Figo is their most important car for India.
Old 7th September 2010, 07:41   #253
R17
BHPian

The new Fiesta has managed a Top pick rating in IIHS and was previously awarded 5 stars by ENCAP and ANCAP. But then all these variants were equipped with 7 airbags and ESP. Ford should consider launching at least 1 variant with all the safety features to let it be a sort of a halo car - for both, the sedan and the hatch - The i20's done the same thing and it does have an impact - ie the customer leaving the showroom, irrespective of which variant he ends up buying, remembers in the back of his mind, that there is a variant with 6 airbags and 5 stars in ENCAP.
Old 7th September 2010, 10:44   #254
BHPian

Default Fiesta mini SUV

And a min SUV version described here:

First pics: Ford's baby SUV | Ford new soft roader images
Old 8th September 2010, 16:36   #255

Default Ford Focus Hatch Tested in Chennai roads

Spotted this car being test driven near the Ford factory in Maraimalai Nagar. Enjoy the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
And a min SUV version described here:

First pics: Ford's baby SUV | Ford new soft roader images
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-dsc01974.jpg  

Closed Thread