Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 8th February 2010, 20:04   #46

Ford are doing with the Figo/Fiesta what VW did with the Audi A4. Once the product had outlived it's life and the next gen model was ready, instead of scrapping the expensive tooling and design investment, they launched it as the Seat Exeo with minor mods. It is essentially the previous gen A4 with minor facelift but costs much less and needs very little investment from the manufacturer.

It might turn out to be a good strategy for Ford in the long run as we have seen people buying M800/Zen etc from Maruti if priced right despite being outdated. From a price point of view, it makes no sense to launch the new Fiesta in India but having driven it, I feel that it is a hell of a car. I drove a Polo for a couple of days before driving the Fiesta and the VW just pales in comparison.
Old 11th February 2010, 13:24   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great catch, Abdul! Thanks for sharing. The new Fiesta sedan is poised for launch toward the end of 2010, Ford is surely testing components and localising the car (ground clearance, suspension, air-con etc.).

On a lighter note, it'd be best for them to hide the new Fiesta for now. A Figo parked next to it will look all the more dated
Old 11th February 2010, 18:34   #48
Senior - BHPian

In the U.K the new gen. Fiesta a far better looking car than the Jazz. Also it handles much better and the interiors are also of a higher standard as compared to the Jazz, all this easily reflects in the sales where it trounces the Honda. The the option of Diesel powerplants just makes the Ford's case stronger. But in India the big 'H' has a huge brand following which a Ford cant match, but they can easily make up for this by pricing it sensibly unlike the overpriced Jap.
But most of the comparitive reviews in the U.K have declared the Polo a better, more practical and VFM option as compared to the Fiesta, although a wee bit duller to drive. The fight of the premium hatchbacks in India will soon get more interesting for the customers and a lot tougher for Honda.
Old 11th February 2010, 21:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The new Fiesta sedan is poised for launch toward the end of 2010
The question is are we going to get sedan version of this or another tailor made for India Fiesta???? High time we get a international model from their stable in this price bracket.
Old 13th February 2010, 01:08   #50

It is going to be what we see in picture. not a face lift to the existing one. It is already launched in china.
More interesting is it will come with 1.6 Duratorq engine and 1.6 VVT Duratec Engine which delivers 118bhp.
Old 15th February 2010, 09:10   #51
BHPian

Todays Business Line has a picture of Red colour Fiesta spotted at GST Road near Chennai, unfortunately not much news given :(
Old 15th February 2010, 10:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Todays Business Line has a picture of Red colour Fiesta spotted at GST Road near Chennai, unfortunately not much news given :(
Thanks for letting us know. I did check. Heres the link for others - The Hindu Business Line : Monday, February 15, 2010

Whats Ford upto with these Fiesta hatchbacks running without disguise on roads. Fords are usually secretive about their products until their official launch. I guess the Fiesta sedan should be available by 2010 end or early 2011.
Old 15th February 2010, 12:22   #53
Senior - BHPian

I have been spotting a convoy of 4 cars everyday at Perambur (Chennai). Its usually the time around 10PM - 10:30PM when I return from work. Its got the shape of the Nissan Micra black stripped all over. The black stripping on the Front grille gives away an oval shape which makes me think its another Ford.

I cross this convoy usually in the opposite direction and they pass so quick even before I could react to pick my mobile for a picture. Only option is to chase them back which I will probably do today if I spot them

I am spotting these cars almost everyday, anyone around that area can keep an eye for these cars!
Old 15th February 2010, 13:24   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I have been spotting a convoy of 4 cars everyday at Perambur (Chennai). Its usually the time around 10PM - 10:30PM when I return from work. Its got the shape of the Nissan Micra black stripped all over. The black stripping on the Front grille gives away an oval shape which makes me think its another Ford.

I cross this convoy usually in the opposite direction and they pass so quick even before I could react to pick my mobile for a picture. Only option is to chase them back which I will probably do today if I spot them

I am spotting these cars almost everyday, anyone around that area can keep an eye for these cars!
It could be the same ones that I spotted,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1691121 (Official details: Nissan's small car for India (The V Platform))

Do the regn. plates match with what I saw ?
Old 15th February 2010, 13:37   #55
BHPian

I saw this car in vijayanagar, chennai (near sutherland) couple of days ago. A blue color hatch. Looked really stunning and its quite bigger than swifts/fabias/puntos. Couldn't take pics as it was travelling on the opposite road and my iphone camera takes ages to initialize.

ps - Now i know why ford offered me such deep discounts a month ago. (i didnt buy it though. got an ANHC)

dev
Old 16th February 2010, 11:51   #56
BHPian

Looks like a hybrid version of Chevy beat, or may be my comparing skills are bad?
Old 16th February 2010, 13:00   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The new Fiesta sedan is poised for launch toward the end of 2010
Does that mean that the current Fiesta would be available in huge discounts?
And another question, The current Fiesta lies between 6.5-8L bracket.
The new one goes over it? Say, like the territory of 2008 City. Current Fiesta 1.6S is still the cheapest way to experience 3 Series.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:01   #58
Team-BHP Support

They use hatches to test for the forthcoming saloons. Remember a lot of fiesta hatches before the Ikon came out. The test hatches were then left to rot in a dealer yard on the way into Chennai
Old 16th February 2010, 21:39   #59
Senior - BHPian

Default Spotted Again

I spotted the same car today near Medavakkam, Chennai. I was managed to take a quick picture from my mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-image001.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 09:41   #60
BHPian

^^At last Ford blackened its badge and the name Titanium.
Closed Thread