Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th February 2010, 09:56   #1
BHPian

Default SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15

Spotted this car today morning near chengalpet Toll Gate. I was able to make out the TITANIUM written in the left side, but was not able to make out what was written in the right side, car looked similar to Honda Jazz. Mods if this is not appropriate here, please move it to where it is appropriate. Sorry for the bad quality picture, it was taken from my 5130 mobile.

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-fiestahatch.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th February 2010 at 20:08. Reason: Thanks for the picture. It has been watermarked. :)
Old 5th February 2010, 10:02   #2
BHPian

Its not Figo for sure. Can make out from the tail lights. Figo tail lights are straight up how ever the tail lights here are in a triangle shape. Also the rear looks very much like Jazz not like Figo as you can compare with various pictures of Figo on this thread. So whats that....
Old 5th February 2010, 10:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

That is the Euro spec Fiesta! Great find!!
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-ford_fiesta_s04.jpg  

Old 5th February 2010, 10:13   #4
BHPian

^^ Wow, that looks like a very interesting car! Any links to a scoop / preview thread on the forum, anyone?
Old 5th February 2010, 10:18   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
Spotted this car today morning near chengalpet Toll Gate. I was able to make out the TITANIUM written in the left side, but was not able to make out what was written in the right side, car looked similar to Honda Jazz. Mods if this is not appropriate here, please move it to where it is appropriate. Sorry for the bad quality picture, it was taken from my 5130 mobile.
Great find, Abdul!

Look at the pic below, this is the new Ford Fiesta hatch. Looks like this is coming to our shores soon.

Name:  2011_Ford_Fiesta_hatchback.jpg
Views: 27193
Size:  110.2 KB

EDIT : Looks like kiku beat me to posting it!
Old 5th February 2010, 10:41   #6
BHPian

Quote:
The photograph is very good on all technical parameters, Rahman. Your 5130 (Nokia, is it?) did a decent job.

The question is, which car is this?

Last edited by skdking : 5th February 2010 at 10:44. Reason: benbsb29 and others have already identified the car for us. My apologies to all.
Old 5th February 2010, 10:58   #7
BHPian

That is the Mark VI Fiesta.
It's planned to be lauched this year in many countries including USA,
though i guess its already launched in europe.

Will Ford launch another hatchback in India in almost the same category as Figo is a questionmark.

The wheelbase is exactly the same for Figo and this car and the width is also more or less the same. Instead of launching Figo had Ford launched this car in the Swift price range it would have been another Josh drive for Ford in India. Lookwise its miles ahead of Figo
Old 5th February 2010, 11:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Instead of launching Figo had Ford launched this car in the Swift price range it would have been another Josh drive for Ford in India. Lookwise its miles ahead of Figo
Buddy, had they launched the all New Fiesta Titanium the pricing would have been quite steep at least in the range of Jazz. In UK it retails at 14,857 Which translates to quite a lot of INR.

Figo seems to a be a well thought out game plan.

Reference link Ford Fiesta | New Ford Fiesta | New Fiesta car range for sale.
Old 5th February 2010, 12:01   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Great find, Abdul!

Look at the pic below, this is the new Ford Fiesta hatch. Looks like this is coming to our shores soon.

Attachment 281507

EDIT : Looks like kiku beat me to posting it!
I feel they might be testing an engine or planning a sedan based on it. I dont think FORD will test it with such minimal disguise.

Infact, even FORD logo is visible.

IFRC, even ikon/fiesta facelifts were covered up without revealing any details.
Old 5th February 2010, 12:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I feel they might be testing an engine or planning a sedan based on it. I dont think FORD will test it with such minimal disguise.

Infact, even FORD logo is visible.

IFRC, even ikon/fiesta facelifts were covered up without revealing any details.
You are right. Ford was initially testing Figo with a fake boot. If they were to launch this premium hatchback, it would have been highly disguised. As you said, testing engines or planning a sedan that will replace the current Fiesta.
Old 5th February 2010, 12:26   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Great catch abdul.I think you should have posted this in Indian Car Scene as a separate thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
You are right. Ford was initially testing Figo with a fake boot. If they were to launch this premium hatchback, it would have been highly disguised. As you said, testing engines or planning a sedan that will replace the current Fiesta.
Fiesta MK6 is not going to come here any time soon. As far as I know Fiesta sedan, based on Mk6 will come here by the end of this year,will be priced in the ANHC category and not to mention it will co exist with present fiesta.
They may be testing engines on the fiesta hatch.
Expected engines
1.6TDci
1.6Duratec 115 ps
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-fordfiestasedan2010img_3.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 5th February 2010, 12:38   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpine101 View Post
1.6TDci
Exactly!

Leave alone Fiesta MKVI. Our own Ford fiesta could be getting this engine soon. This is expected since Figo is also getting the 1.4 TDCi, fiesta has no USP at that price!

MODS: I think this deserves to be a seperate thread, rather than complicate things in a Figo thread.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th February 2010 at 12:39.
Old 5th February 2010, 14:17   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpine101 View Post
Great catch abdul.I think you should have posted this in Indian Car Scene as a separate thread.
I was not sure of what car it was, thought it was a Figo variant, hence i posted here, mods please create a new thread .

The mobile did a good job as it was Sunny at 9 in the morning, else the quality of the nokia 5130 camera is not something one can boast of.
Old 5th February 2010, 16:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Somehow, I don't like the design of new ford cars. They are getting more and more rounded like a balloon. The sharp surfaces and sleeks lines from the previous generation have gone.
Another trend is making the rear windscreen very small, which coupled with thick C pillar really hampers the rear vissibility. Windowline which tapes up towards the rear also makes one feel Claustrophobic sitting in the rear seat.

Last edited by Guna : 5th February 2010 at 16:04.
Old 5th February 2010, 16:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

imo, Fiesta hatch model may not be introduced in India since present Fiesta (sedan) is doing well here. So if any replacement to present Fiesta will be again a sedan model? !
And Figo will do the job in hatchback section!
Closed Thread