Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th February 2010, 08:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Dear Yamaha,

Why you want to put your hard earned money on a car like SKODA. please read many horror story in this forum before even take the test drive. It may be available in 5.25 lacs on road but in After Sales Service they will extract another 5.25 lacs from you by changing your original parts with duplicate one. Kindly read review before booking the car(SKODA). There are many other options available in the market other then skoda.
Same sentiments here - here is my horror story:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...signature.html (My L&K Combi Delivery problems! EDIT : Dealer taken to task for forging my signature)

This is not to say that everyone has had a bad experience. It is just that chances are higher than normal that you will have more unscrupulous dealers and that Skoda will likely not do much about it. This will pinch you especially if you are coming off a Japanese or Korean car buying / owning experience as in my case.
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 13:47   #17
BHPian

I recently had an occasion to visit Skoda dealer to check out Fabia. I was told that they have discontinued Fabia Active. When i test drove Fabia Ambient i realised that the TD vehicle was very poorly maintained - the horn was not working and outside rear view mirror switch had fallen off. Such pathatic condition of the TD vehicle put me off and reminded me of the horror stories of some Skoda owners on our site.

On the whole I quite liked the car and its features.
rutvij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 17:55   #18
BHPian

I think you should wait for atleast 3-4 weeks as Polo & Figo are on there way out . Both car are potentially very good & going by Skoda's reputation especially on T-bhp I will never suggest any one to go for a Skoda.

Take my word the waiting period will be worth it.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 20:42   #19
~~h
BHPian

Peace of mind's priceless; Pl take a look at GTO's thread before making a buying decision.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/55796-team-bhp-stands-truth-but-skoda-wants-instigate-team-bhp-its-users.html
~~h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 23:15   #20
BHPian

In 5.25 lac budget,you can opt for the following:-

--Accent(May be little higher)
--i20
--GetZ
--Swift
--Ritz
--U-VA
--Beat
--Indica Vista
and many to come(Ford,VW)
So the choice is very very wide.Peace in mind.Affordable A*S*S.Easy to maintain.
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:24   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

At last count, 75% of Team-BHPians prefer reliability & a precision build, compared to the "thud" factor : Linky - Your Definition of Build Quality (Your definition of Build Quality).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:45   #22
BHPian

Skodas are built like a tank. In spite of all the negative feedback i have read regarding their customer care, one has to admit, Skodas are beautiful cars and really reliable as well. But yes, for a Fabia there are better hatches available. For that amount i would suggest the Accent. You get a car that does one better> it has a boot!
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:47   #23
BHPian

@ GTO -
Why not want both ? Why do we have to choose between either this or that, when you have an option of demanding and getting both ?

What I am implying is, show me a few examples of Fabia's reliability and precision build 'failures' on this forum - on the 1.2 Petrol or 1.3 Diesel models. Very very few instances - if ANY at all. Like in any other car/model.
(I am wilfully ignoring the 1.4 Petrol since it is not available anymore.).

Yes, there is good competition and choice in this range of 5.25 L OTR - several good cars here, in their own respects.

But the feel and experience you get in driving a Fabia, is something other cars dont even come remotely close to (including the ones mentioned below)

--i20
--GetZ
--Swift
--Ritz
--U-VA
--Beat
--Indica Vista

All -
Is there a point in flagging/harping on the same A.S.S. incident and broadcasting those couple of threads in every Skoda discussion ? I thought this was an 'unbiased' forum.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 13:05   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Yamaha - why do you want to buy the Fabia? Arent there better options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
Please avoid Fabia as there are better options in the market.Please do a search on the forum before taking a plunge.
Skoda is a good brand, owned by VW. Their products can't be that bad. When it comes to bad A.S.S., you find dealers of all brands providing that. Depends on the dealer. At least in Goa there are no issues with Skoda A.S.S. Most customers are highly satisfied. No other car can give you the same quality at that price. If you like the Fabia go ahead a buy it.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 13:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
- on the 1.2 Petrol or 1.3 Diesel models.
Correcting my own typo - the diesel is 1.4
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 14:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
In 5.25 lac budget,you can opt for the following:-

--i20
--GetZ
--Swift
--Ritz
--U-VA
--Beat
--Indica Vista
--Fiat Grande Punto

So the choice is very very wide.Peace in mind.Affordable A*S*S.Easy to maintain.
For Some Strange Reasons Indica Vista Is there , But no Punto , I prefer to add Punto to this list .

So much with FIAT on Forum..
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 14:45   #27
BHPian

I agree with Jigbarai, I own one of the few 1.4 petrol elegence, skoda have ever sold in india. I agree this has an unpowered engine. They called back my car and they did something in it free of charge. it is much better now.
But rest of all great in this car.
I wouldnt have bought this car if i have read about fabia in this forum(I didnt know team-bhp then)
Now no regret .Love fabia.
gonewithwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 14:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
the latest issue of what car? talks about the 1.4 diesel tdci Figo top end version being available on road at about 3.9-4 lacs (Chennai). looks like a super deal. in comparison the petrol version 1.2 engine car will be at 3.4.
looks extremely attractive.
Are you sure, mate ? I believe that would be a wild guess.If that's true, Ford must be quoting an exshowroom price of 3.5 lakhs for a top-end diesel version.I doubt they would be making any money on the Figo then. The market would just go bonkers.I can sell my petrol fiesta and buy two diesel figos then.It's almost like buy one get one free.
rpmx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 18:51   #29
BHPian

I have been using fabia for the last 18 months now and i don't see any reason wherein i feel that this car or the company has let their reputation down.

Mine is classic diesel and has done only 8500 kms till now with only one service costing Rs. 3500 appox till now.
uneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 20:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
hello,

i saw the ad on skoda website that they have 50,000/- discount and on carwale.com i got the on road price for 'fabia active' as 5.21 L on-road.

i called up TAL (skoda dealer) and they told that the base model if 5.7 Lacs !!

when i asked about fabia active, they said that its a very basic model and its 5.28 onroad and has 1 month waiting period. and they said they will call back to confirm availability. they never called back.

today i called them again, they said 'fabia active' is 5.50 Lac

what is skoda trying to do, i didn't understand, has any one really bought the 'fabia active' for 5.2 or 5.25 lacs on-road in b'lore? or is it just a hoax created by skoda marketing?
I strongly suggest you to wait for the prices of VW polo to be announced. and have a look at the polo too. going by the spec. i am of the view that its base variant will come at around 4.2-4.5 lacs ex showroom. VW will drop the bomb when it comes to pricing. its not a joke when they bought 20 % stake in suzuki. there are going to be a lot of synergies to be leveraged and part sharing to be done. cost cutting is the mantra. and drop dead prices is now the key to success in the hatchback segment! also fabia prices will be revised and will be brought in line with the polo. then you won't have to deal with dealers lack of information. and their attempts to make fat margins! so wait for a few months!
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote