Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 09:42   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default Is tata doing a recall/Some sort of fix for older vehicles?

Overheard here
Yahoo! Groups
Quote:
...Tata is planing to recall all
cars with Jerks, Vibrations, Engine problems for models after 2007...
Is this true ? My indica has all these problems, the first two being supposed to affect all indica/indigos.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 09:55   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
deepclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Muvattupuzha
Posts: 1,120
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

That's A Good News.Do the List have Indica Vista As well?
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 16:18   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,427 Times
Default

I dont think its worth taking this news seriously. Tata has till now not given even a single hint on this move. Next, their Vista AC problem, which is not minor in the first place, was not given an official recall. I think it was an ECU reset that was required.

Tata has sold more a lot of cars in this period, so again can they handle the recall ( if they have one ) effectively ?

Lets wait for some news from Tata's side.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 17:38   #4
BHPian
 
DieselAddikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 446
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
That's A Good News.Do the List have Indica Vista As well?

You have similar problems with the car ? If yes, can you provide a small description on that ?
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 21:37   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
deepclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Muvattupuzha
Posts: 1,120
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

@Dieseladdikt:My Vista's A/C(Behr Compressor) is not so efficient in cooling Rear Passenger Compartment during Hot Humid Afternoon's.Concorde,Ernakulam Service Claims the Cooling is OK .But I and many others don't Feel So.As @aaggoswami pointed out ,A/C issue needs to be sorted out Satisfactorily by TATA ,Hence thought they will include Vista's too.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 21:50   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 633
Thanked: 624 Times
Default

Good that you opened this thread. I left my car(Punto) for clutch save cylinder(CSC) replacement, which is to be done under warranty, in the showroom last saturday.

Apart from the reduction in clutch travel, I was taken by surprise when I noticed the following things.
1. The gear changes which used to be rubbery have become really solid now, no more rubbery feel.
2. The jerks that come up during gear change have gone, maybe because of CSC replacement, but I feel they have done something more to it.
3. The car has become less noisier. It used to be a clatter sound earlier but now it sounds like a humm.
4. I could perceive a lot of change which I'm not able to properly figure out and put in words.

I think Fiat too is doing such fixes.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 10:32   #7
BHPian
 
DieselAddikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 446
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

@deepclutch

I thought you were talking about vibrations and engine problems, which I found abnormal on a Vista. That is why I asked. I agree AC issue has to be sorted out. Luckily, my Vista has marginally better cooling. (touch wood)
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:02   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

jerking/hunting at lower rpms is a known issue with the TDI engine, and no fix exists.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:30   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 403 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
jerking/hunting at lower rpms is a known issue with the TDI engine, and no fix exists.
Well, try your luck... what if they replace the TDi engine with a Fiat MJD?
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:50   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 682
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

I read quite a few replies here complaining of AC. Is it because it takes a long time to cool the car or is it a compressor issue, meaning it goes kaput soon?
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:52   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

the vista has a known issue with the AC, and it has been fixed via firmware update. Check the indica vista problems thread for details
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:59   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
deepclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Muvattupuzha
Posts: 1,120
Thanked: 109 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the vista has a known issue with the AC, and it has been fixed via firmware update. Check the indica vista problems thread for details
This is not done in many Vista's.I think TML sends Specialists who does these sort of works in Major TASS.For eg: Concorde,Ernakulam SA's has no Idea about this thing.
BTW ,Any Idea whether Vista's with BEHR Compressor is the Ones with these Cooling Issue? I think SUBROS is used in new Vista's.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 15:16   #13
BHPian
 
kailashnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 887
Thanked: 275 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Good that you opened this thread. I left my car(Punto) for clutch save cylinder(CSC) replacement, which is to be done under warranty, in the showroom last saturday.

Apart from the reduction in clutch travel, I was taken by surprise when I noticed the following things.
1. The gear changes which used to be rubbery have become really solid now, no more rubbery feel.
2. The jerks that come up during gear change have gone, maybe because of CSC replacement, but I feel they have done something more to it.
3. The car has become less noisier. It used to be a clatter sound earlier but now it sounds like a humm.
4. I could perceive a lot of change which I'm not able to properly figure out and put in words.

I think Fiat too is doing such fixes.
Hi Cliffhanger,

When you were referring to the change in clutch save cylinder replacement - is it for all the GPs in India as I have a GP too - NOV 2009 manufactured but I have not received any call for the change and I am not even aware of this change.

Has Fiat declared this change for everyone??

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 16:43   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

kailash, cliffhanger,
This way please
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-recalled.html (Clutch Slave Cylinder replacement in Linea - Cars Recalled)

Lets keep this to the discussion of a possible tata recall
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 20:18   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 386
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@Dieseladdikt:My Vista's A/C(Behr Compressor) is not so efficient in cooling Rear Passenger Compartment during Hot Humid Afternoon's.Concorde,Ernakulam Service Claims the Cooling is OK .But I and many others don't Feel So.As @aaggoswami pointed out ,A/C issue needs to be sorted out Satisfactorily by TATA ,Hence thought they will include Vista's too.
Ask the TSC to do a AC grille test. Insert the probe of the temp guage into the grille duct. Keep the thermo to the coolest setting and go for a trial. It should read 4 degrees for cars and about 6 degrees for bigger SUVs if not lesser in about a minute, no matter what compressor it has. If it reads more, then your AC is inefficient and that can bite into your pocket where FE is concerned.

Secondly, there's no word as "RECALL" in the Tata Motors Dictionary.

So long.....
varunroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Insurance for Older Vehicles - 10 yrs old or so invincible7 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 35 25th March 2017 18:50
NGT bans vehicles older than 15 years luvtandon The Indian Car Scene 1 27th November 2014 12:43
Is DC Star some sort of DC brand? Steeroid The International Automotive Scene 13 13th December 2005 01:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks