| || |
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|11th February 2010, 13:46||#106|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Thanked: 395 Times
Alright people, the topic of this thread is (was):
- BMC fines car owners for washing cars on public roads
The topics that have been discussed on this thread are:
- Amount of water to be used for washing
- Spitting and urinating in public places
- Pot holes on roads
- Encroachment of public roads
- Affordability of Car/House/Parking space
- Washing cars with hose vs bucket
- Educational background of car owners
- Ugly hoardings in the city
- Water Shortage
- Subsidy on water supply
- Jail for people found wasting water
- Money/Influence of celebrities
- Wastage of water during brushing/shaving/flushing
- Air pollution done by factories
- Waterless car wash
- Road digging
- Laws in US and OZ regarding water wastage
- Use of bucket instead of shower for taking bath
- Washing of clothes
- Breaking traffic rules
- Values and ethics of Indians
- Bribing of traffic cops
- Western style toilets vs Indian style toilets
- Rain water harvesting
- Number of people killed in road accidents
- Percentage of slum population in cities
- Cost of getting a license
- Bathing/washing clothes on public roads
- Cost of parking space in Hong Kong
- Congestion fee on cars in Delhi
I generally don't comment on people, but I have noticed that this thread has been single-handedly hijacked by one member whose (more than 15) long posts contain random and off-topic arguments, which add no value to the topic being discussed or to the forum.
Last edited by GTO : 12th February 2010 at 10:10. Reason: Nice post, but removing comments on member. Please use the "report this post to a moderator" functionality to get our attn.
|11th February 2010, 13:51||#107|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Thanked: 51 Times
Good one! I concur with Rohan_iitr below (hey we have the same 1st name!). But nonetheless it has been an entertaining thread and did add a lot of laughter in the process! Please do not delete this thread, i would love to keep myself amused in the future!
|11th February 2010, 17:50||#108|
Join Date: May 2009
Thanked: 101 Times
Let the thread be and let's post relevant to the topic. Suppose BMC takes this up a notch and such fines get commonplace, there will be a lot to worry about.
|31st March 2010, 15:02||#110|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2008
Thanked: 955 Times
Regarding the topic of the thread, what the BMC has been doing is nothing but politics. It's no use expecting any rational and sensible decisions from the current political leadership which has proven time and again they can't think beyond their own short term gains. What about all these measures which are law?
1. Talking on the cellphone while driving: Countless people drive/ride while talking on the cellphone. Is the traffic police department really serious about preventing these crimes?
2. Wearing a helmet while riding a bike (also mandatory for pillion riders): Traffic policemen themselves are sometimes seen riding without helmets. As for others, there was a big drive a few months back to nab and punish the offenders. Today hardly anyone bothers to stop such motorists, unless they have set up some special checking points to complete their monthly quotas.
3. Fancy numberplates: Not only political goondas, but even others are busy showing off their fancy numberplates. Action taken? Ignore them. I once pointed out a white Swift driving in front of me with no numberplate to a policeman on duty. His reply? "We shall see about it later, get moving fast."
The cleaning drive and the marshalls and all that are just measures to divert attention of the people away from the real issues.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Honda to pay $70 million fine to US Govt||S.MJet||The International Automotive Scene||1||9th January 2015 12:22|
|The Car Spa: Car Washing & Detailing (Bangalore)||motomaverick||Bangalore||24||28th July 2014 15:48|
|Car Washing and Car Detailing - AutoSpa (Bangalore)||Unknownsatan||Bangalore||23||10th June 2011 10:35|
|Do You Pay The Fine Or You Bribe?||moralfibre||Shifting gears||45||3rd February 2008 22:16|