Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st June 2017, 14:22   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Government of India sticker on car

This would be absolutely illegal, just like putting "Police" or "Ambulance" stickers on your car. Also why would you want to do this, I've also heard of people putting stickers saying 'media' or 'press' on their vehicles while not having anything to do with it.
Porcupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 15:12   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
If you want to use it to ensure safety while driving through badass places like MP tribal areas at night - its illegal but I personally would think its a great idea. However, no one would clearly support you in that.

But if you do manage it, PM me - I'd want such a sticker on my car before I embark on a MP road trip second half of 2010!
It might backfire on you in " badass places like MP tribal areas at night". Maoists might kidnap you

(Sorry, I just realized it is a 7 year old post. I am editing my post to apologize)

Last edited by Enobarbus : 1st June 2017 at 15:21.
Enobarbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 15:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboooooom View Post
Of course just display without any direct link to GoI would be illegal I guess, however, if stopped an actual employee can produce his GoI ID.
How did this 7-year old suddenly come alive again?

Anyway, from here,

Quote:
It is not unknown in India criminals / terrorists misused car-stickers to enter into vip areas like parliament before creating havoc. If your state police is not taking any action, then you have to brave to file a writ petition in the high court against the police and those suspects.
Sounds best avoided and illegal.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote