Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 17:59   #61
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 682
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Hey guys, i plan on going for a test drive to check out the Laura TSi. I want to feel what 160 bhp feels like. I called up TAFE and got an appointment for Saturday. Do you think i should mention the bad service received, the combi incident faced by diffsoft?, nummer eins issues and all that? I just want to know things from their perspective. Will they reveal any info?
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 18:04   #62
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 769
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hey guys, i plan on going for a test drive to check out the Laura TSi. I want to feel what 160 bhp feels like. I called up TAFE and got an appointment for Saturday. Do you think i should mention the bad service received, the combi incident faced by diffsoft?, nummer eins issues and all that? I just want to know things from their perspective. Will they reveal any info?
@rjalihal: To what effect? What do you expect TAFE to do? In any case if you want to talk, talk to Jose (AGM level guy) and / or Shankar (Sales exec).

Honestly the gap between TAFE and Vinayak as experienced by me and atleast 2 others in the forum (ajmat and androdev) is that Vinayak is much better. If your heart seems set on a Skoda, I would urge you to check out Vinayak as well - btw they are coming up with a new showroom in Sadashiv Nagar.

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 17th February 2010 at 18:05.
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 19:28   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 682
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
@rjalihal: To what effect? What do you expect TAFE to do? In any case if you want to talk, talk to Jose (AGM level guy) and / or Shankar (Sales exec).

Honestly the gap between TAFE and Vinayak as experienced by me and atleast 2 others in the forum (ajmat and androdev) is that Vinayak is much better. If your heart seems set on a Skoda, I would urge you to check out Vinayak as well - btw they are coming up with a new showroom in Sadashiv Nagar.

Cheers,
Hi! Near Sadashiv Nagar? Wow, first Magnum Honda and now a Skoda? Any idea what dealership it is and where it would be? The Laura is a beautiful car and I just want to see what that engine is capable of doing! Buying it is a whole different story. Not for now
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 07:56   #64
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 769
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hi! Near Sadashiv Nagar? Wow, first Magnum Honda and now a Skoda? Any idea what dealership it is and where it would be? The Laura is a beautiful car and I just want to see what that engine is capable of doing! Buying it is a whole different story. Not for now
It's before Magnum Honda showroom and after Talisma office on the same road. Vinayak Skoda has been in Bangalore for about 3 years now. Their current showroom is in Seshadripuram, enroute to Majestic from Malleswaram.

Vinayak Cars Pvt.Ltd.
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 10:53   #65
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Banagalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post

Honestly the gap between TAFE and Vinayak as experienced by me and atleast 2 others in the forum (ajmat and androdev) is that Vinayak is much better. If your heart seems set on a Skoda, I would urge you to check out Vinayak as well - btw they are coming up with a new showroom in Sadashiv Nagar.

Cheers,
100 % right Vinayaka is better than Tafe,
Though I have bought and get car serviced with Vinayaka, off late thanks to Team Bhp Heard Tafe has improved a lot any expereinces
Fabiaous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 10:54   #66
BHPian
 
hassanks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
@rjalihal: To what effect? What do you expect TAFE to do? In any case if you want to talk, talk to Jose (AGM level guy) and / or Shankar (Sales exec).

Honestly the gap between TAFE and Vinayak as experienced by me and atleast 2 others in the forum (ajmat and androdev) is that Vinayak is much better. If your heart seems set on a Skoda, I would urge you to check out Vinayak as well - btw they are coming up with a new showroom in Sadashiv Nagar.

Cheers,
I have bought Laura 1.8 TSI from TAFE Bangalore. I have interacted with Jose from the beginning and found really good. It is only 3+ months since I own Laura but the experience with the car as well as TAFE so far is good. Day one had an issue with RAT chewing up some wire in the engine bay resulted in some warning light being on, they rectified it promptly free of cost.
hassanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 14:08   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 682
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
It's before Magnum Honda showroom and after Talisma office on the same road. Vinayak Skoda has been in Bangalore for about 3 years now. Their current showroom is in Seshadripuram, enroute to Majestic from Malleswaram.

Vinayak Cars Pvt.Ltd.
Thanks a ton diffsoft! I have always wanted to feel what it is like to drive a 160 bhp car. Got a test drive arranged from Vinayak for Saturday! Hey is the Skoda Octavia 1.8 discontinued? Cause TAFE said so and that only the diesel model is available.
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda ordered to pay 7.9 lakhs to Laura owner Agarwaka The Indian Car Scene 24 20th March 2014 20:13
My "pre-worshipped" Skoda Laura 1.9 PD Ambiente for 7.6 lakhs raichoudhury Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 33 11th January 2014 17:47
New Skoda Rapid or Used Skoda Laura coolboy007 Sedans 19 15th July 2012 11:31
Artist Impressions: 2014 Skoda Fabia and 2014 Skoda Laura karanraheja The International Automotive Scene 11 14th February 2011 19:43
Skoda Laura Ambiente-cheaper Laura deuce-deuce The Indian Car Scene 94 11th July 2008 06:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks