Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th September 2005, 12:39   #16
BHPian

Sr,

That sucks! But I feel Honda is justified in voiding the overall warranty but they should honour the warranty of all replaced parts. If they have changed the ECU (and charged you for it), why shouldn't it's individual warranty be in place?

Oh, and if you have paid for extended warranty, they should refund the cost back to you. You paid that amount for your peace of mind and if that is "void", what did you pay for?

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 15th September 2005, 20:09   #17
BHPian

yeah.. Honda is giving a 6 months warranty ONLY for the replaced parts during the flood damage repairs.
Guys - would signs of rust have been started in the vehicle because of the flood water?..Honda service center told me that they are going to remove the door trims and everything,and grease the entire body of every flooded vehicle.

sr
Old 16th September 2005, 03:19   #18
BHPian

srasania,

thats really tough luck man. like advised by others, i think you should definitely demand refund for your extended warranty.

legal correctness or not aside, this is going to reflect very badly on honda, given that other manufacturers, MUL, Hyundai, Fiat ?? (any others ???), came out with full page ads or official announcements etc. offering replacement parts and servicing etc. at reduced prices for the flood affected vehicles.

and, as far as i remember, none of them revoked any warranties. did they ??

Last edited by hell_rider : 16th September 2005 at 03:23.
Old 16th September 2005, 10:45   #19
BHPian

As of now it seems except Honda no other manufacturer has mentioned of revoking the extended warranty. One should get the refund in case they are not covering the warranty.

Secondly, it seems Honda has cancelled extened warranty on all their cars in Mumbai, whether the vechicle was in the water or not.... Not sure of the truth in this, someone in my circle was telling this....

Any one better informed on this ??
Old 16th September 2005, 11:52   #20
Team-BHP Support

Remember warranties are for faulty workmanship - am sure Honda will be reasonable if the repair was not uop to standard however water damage is unseen and un predictable. If it was UK/US, the cars would be scrapped - the liability costs would not be worth it
Old 16th September 2005, 14:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Remember warranties are for faulty workmanship - am sure Honda will be reasonable if the repair was not uop to standard however water damage is unseen and un predictable.
a) They could void warantee on electrical parts, which are unpredictable.
b) On most mechanical parts, there will be signs of corrosion if any.
c) Warantee has to be there on replaced parts.
d) Why was it not informed to customers *before* parts were replaced and customers were charged amounts ranging from 1-2 Lakh. (Or did they actually do that, Srasania?)
Having said this, it is difficult proposition to inspect each car for damage, but then Indian market is not the same as US/UK market. Isn't it?
Old 16th September 2005, 17:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
c) Warantee has to be there on replaced parts.
d) Why was it not informed to customers *before* parts were replaced and customers were charged amounts ranging from 1-2 Lakh. (Or did they actually do that, Srasania?)
Having said this, it is difficult proposition to inspect each car for damage, but then Indian market is not the same as US/UK market. Isn't it?
They have a 6 months warranty on all replaced parts.
But they didn't inform us when we took the car there that the warranty has been void by Honda Siel India...it's just that I came to know 5 days back about warranty issue.

sr
Old 13th October 2005, 13:32   #23
BHPian

Default updated information

Well,after many emails to Honda Siel India,they've finally decided to refund us the Extended Warranty money - Rs8,320..
But I still fail to understand why the heck Honda are cancelling the entire car warranty,while other players like Toyota,Maruti aren't cancelling the car warranties !
P.S. : I still haven't got the car back from Ichibaan Honda - flood repairs are taking so much time since the parts are coming in from Japan,and they said a 6 years ECU supply is needed in a period of few months,which is creating the delays !!..and my car is expected to be done by 20th October,if all goes well !

cheers,
sr
Old 13th October 2005, 15:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
Well,after many emails to Honda Siel India,they've finally decided to refund us the Extended Warranty money - Rs8,320..
But I still fail to understand why the heck Honda are cancelling the entire car warranty,while other players like Toyota,Maruti aren't cancelling the car warranties !
cheers,
sr
Its a good thing that you got your Extended Warranty fee back, but you should still take the case to the Consumer Court to decide whether they are right in cancelling existing warranties.
Old 27th October 2005, 14:57   #25
BHPian

Default Warranty Validated

Hey guys..after 3 months of repeated emails and calls + threatening legal action against HSCI,they have Validated my Warranty (2 years) + Extended Warranty (+2 years)..!
So,I'm not going to get the Extended Warranty money back..and get back my peace of mind for future electrical parts/engine failures !

Cheers,
sr
Old 27th October 2005, 15:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
Hey guys..after 3 months of repeated emails and calls + threatening legal action against HSCI,they have Validated my Warranty (2 years) + Extended Warranty (+2 years)..!
Great news ...
But are they doing this only for people who are threatening them ?
Old 27th October 2005, 15:47   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Great news ...
But are they doing this only for people who are threatening them ?
Exactly. It would be pretty low of them if they did this.
Old 27th October 2005, 22:17   #28
BHPian

As per the information that I know,HSCI have validated all Flooded Vehicle warranties...not only to ones who threaten them.

sr
Old 19th November 2005, 00:24   #29
BHPian

Three cheers for Team BHP. Hip Hip Hurray.
Old 21st November 2005, 19:10   #30
BHPian

Some facts do stand out:

1. The 'great' Japanese company Honda-when it had the opportunity to win over zillion customers for life-decided to rip them off! This would hopefully cure a lot of our friends on this board for whom Japs and Euros are greater than God.

For this one thing and for nothing else-I will never buy a Honda car. The overall attitude is one of callousness. I have bought two Hyundai cars in a row-while they are not technical marvels-their dealers and service managers wow you. Thatis what sells cars.

2. When you push these guys to the wall-they will relent. They have no other option-the damage caused by any negative publicity is too great. Legal niceties aside-as end consumers we deserve to get the best treatment and service a company can give.
Closed Thread