Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th September 2005, 23:09   #16
BHPian

oh man, sucks big time to be in my boat ... paid through my nose to get the baleno a couple of months ago :(
haque, awesome timing dude ...

s
satan_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 23:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Uh-huh, can't be the Liana. The striped cars were definitely Aveos, because they were GJ registered, where GM makes cars (Halol, GJ). Besides, these were hatches, and the Liana will be booted.
Point taken. But then again, how many Swifts were spied before Maruti started sending them out of the factory? Anything is possible.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2005, 11:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

I still feel one should wait at least till 19th Sep, if not till 1st week of October .. the current official discount scheme is till 18th Sep ..

There'll surely be quite a few old models left in stock even after the new one is launched .. once the new one is out .. go to the dealers immediately mentally ready to book a baleno , old or new .. have a look at the new model .. if you like the old one better, book one right away .. one just needs to react fast after the launch .. else the old ones might get sold out pretty quick (it'll be a ripe carrot for all prospective esteem/swift customers too) ..

I guess that's the best way to go about it ..
If you don't like the new one, you get the old one dirt cheap ..
If you like the new one , well then you are getting what you want and paying a slight premium for it .. that I think should be acceptable !
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2005, 12:19   #19
BHPian

hmmm 4.99 Lakhs.. Are you sure about this.

Which city is this. how much will the car be OTR..

I guess Maruti has done it again.. Purchased the Baleno about 2 months ago. At that time with a price of 5.8L - 30 K disc- insurance , thought it was great VFM.

But at 4.99 it's an absolute steal.( Dunno how Maruti and the dealers can manage the car at this price)

With the new one coming up - just hope that most of the existing owners are not stuck up with low value cars and dead resales!

Anyway i would recommend people to take the plunge now and buy the car coz you can do the mods ureself and also the new one should not be less than the existing 5.8L exshowroom..

Makes me wish i had waited 2 more months to buy a car and got the old one at the current prices now!

Last edited by imjimmy : 16th September 2005 at 12:20.
imjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2005, 12:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
I guess Maruti has done it again.. Purchased the Baleno about 2 months ago. At that time with a price of 5.8L - 30 K disc- insurance , thought it was great VFM.

But at 4.99 it's an absolute steal.( Dunno how Maruti and the dealers can manage the car at this price)

.....also the new one should not be less than the existing 5.8L exshowroom..
If it's at 4.99 ex-showroom then they will surely not give any other discount .. so adding insurance and regn , OTR would be around 5.6 .. so you haven't lost out by too much

And my guess would be that the new model would cost 6.2 OTR ... don't think you would lose out there too !

Mods , can we merge this with the other New Baleno thread please ?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote