Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th February 2010, 04:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

With more cars on the road, I think an approach similar to "Authorized Workshops" would go a long way too.

Maruti caught on to this right at the outset, that an authorized workshop (other than a dealer workshop) is a great bonus.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 08:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Smile

@dippy

I am glad that somebody from team BHP was at the Shreeji Ford, Thane inaguration. What are your views of the Shreeji Ford service centre or sales showroom? Did you interact with anyone from Shreeji Ford. I had visited their service centre a month back at Kothari Warehouse Manpada, Thane and found the service centre to be spacious but could not verify if they were fully equipped at that time. I could just have a small chat with the W/shop manager and he assured that Shreeji would not compromise on quality. Have heard that most of the Wasan Ford technicians are now with Shreeji.
BTW I will be going this Friday for the first service of my Fiesta.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 08:47   #33
BHPian

85 % of localisation will be good. Now we can expect Ford spare part prices to come down. Expensive spare parts were a reason for some of their cars like Fusion not doing good in the market (and also the niche segment factor).
I believe this move will help the sales of Ford cars in India.
Cmon Ford we need more from you. Give us some more service centres, a good *** plan etc.
_raviShankar_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 10:26   #34
BHPian

Default Sighted a Figo this morning!

Saw a spotless and shining Balck colour Ford Figo this morning sporting those red colour test plates. It was being driven by one of the Ford executives. Saw it moving and also stationery at a traffic signal. It was just a stone's throw away from where i was standing but unfortunately i could not snap pictures as i was on my morning walk and did not have my mobile! Looked kinda ok, nothing great. Its just my personal view so please don't flame me
Smooth Sailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 10:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@dippy

I am glad that somebody from team BHP was at the Shreeji Ford, Thane inaguration. What are your views of the Shreeji Ford service centre or sales showroom? Did you interact with anyone from Shreeji Ford. I had visited their service centre a month back at Kothari Warehouse Manpada, Thane and found the service centre to be spacious but could not verify if they were fully equipped at that time. I could just have a small chat with the W/shop manager and he assured that Shreeji would not compromise on quality. Have heard that most of the Wasan Ford technicians are now with Shreeji.
BTW I will be going this Friday for the first service of my Fiesta.
Though the inauguration was at the showroom, I reached their service centre by mistake which was also opened yesterday. I had a peek and was quite impressed with the setup. Its only when I asked the service advisor there about the event is when I reached the showroom. The showroom set up is good and its right on the main road.
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 10:47   #36
BHPian

After i read through the Fiesta Fiasco in a thread about Ford metro i am staying away from ford cars and i have also advised people against from buying it. Ford has to know that they cannot take indian consumers for granted. So people who know me and getting a new car will never go for a ford, so simply opening showrooms is not going to take them anywhere. I agree that they will be able to sell some more cars than before, but i hope they learn before its too late.
AbdulRahmanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 11:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

@ Dippy : South Mumbai dealership opened?
Why what happened to Shaman? I bought my Ikon from there.

Last edited by SPARKled : 17th February 2010 at 12:00.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 12:25   #38
BHPian

It's good see that they are gearing up for the figo launch but with sales they estimate and the with 124 service centers I feel we need at least 25 more to handle the volume.
Sudan_NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 13:06   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
After i read through the Fiesta Fiasco in a thread about Ford metro i am staying away from ford cars and i have also advised people against from buying it. Ford has to know that they cannot take indian consumers for granted. So people who know me and getting a new car will never go for a ford, so simply opening showrooms is not going to take them anywhere. I agree that they will be able to sell some more cars than before, but i hope they learn before its too late.
Would like to know which cars you are advising people to buy? And, are u sure that no such "Fiasco" thread exists for the cars you are recommending?

Last edited by sanjayc : 17th February 2010 at 13:10.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 13:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
I think the fiasco you are referring must be pertaining to the dealer and not to the car. There are issues with the dealer which every customer has to take care of. If they feel the dealer is taking them granted, better look out for another Ford dealer. No two dealers are same. IMHO the more showrooms/service centres open, better would be the service network which means more customers and much better service so that one does not have scout for Ford service miles and miles.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 13:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

^^ +1

@ Abdul, things have changed a lot from that time! Trust me.
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 16:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Would like to know which cars you are advising people to buy? And, are u sure that no such "Fiasco" thread exists for the cars you are recommending?
+1 . Me too would like to know that manufacturer who has all the dealers who are trouble free.
joshdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 16:20   #43
BHPian

Good to see Ford moving in with much better plans in India. Hope they have good maintance and warranty packages taht would bring down the upkeeping costs and importantly have the spares at affordable prices. Atleast for Figo, which is targetted for mass market.
Good move with Ford moving into cities apart form Metros.
Jaizcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 16:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Why what happened to Shaman? I bought my Ikon from there.
Shaman has left Ford it is now a VW dealer.
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 17:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaizcrzy View Post
Good to see Ford moving in with much better plans in India. Hope they have good maintance and warranty packages taht would bring down the upkeeping costs and importantly have the spares at affordable prices. Atleast for Figo, which is targetted for mass market.
Good move with Ford moving into cities apart form Metros.
Yes, agree with you. Ford in India is taking Tier II and Tier III markets seriously. Just like the Cost of ownership issues. Good moves by them.
cargirl is offline   Reply With Quote