Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which car has the best looking backside?
Honda City 68 11.74%
Fiat Linea 272 46.98%
Maruti SX4 8 1.38%
Maruti DZire 5 0.86%
Tata Manza 14 2.42%
Hyundai Verna 21 3.63%
Maruti Swift 19 3.28%
Maruti Ritz 7 1.21%
Hyundai i20 63 10.88%
Hyundai i10 5 0.86%
Fiat Punto 81 13.99%
Honda Jazz 16 2.76%
Voters: 579. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23rd February 2010, 12:59   #136
BHPian

No doubt... it is Linea. Looks very hot from back. I remember when Linea launched and when I saw it first time from back on the road, I chased it like anything to have a look at its back.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:41   #137
BHPian

Linea...elegance and appeal personified
rganeshiyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:02   #138
BHPian

Default Can't beat the Italians when it comes to style !

Well i was oscillating between the Linea and the Grande Punto when i saw GTO's pics .. which removed all indecision. The Grane Punto is amazingly beautiful and tops the list for me. Another car whose rear i found strangely handsome was the Hyundai Elantra. I dunno why but the rear of an Elantra would always invite a second glance from me. Of course, then you'd come 'round to the front and it would all be ruined. I also agree with GTO that the Manza has a slightly Cadillac..y feel to it. Quite Nice .. I like
Though i still maintain, nobody touches the Italians for style !
revvhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:56   #139
BHPian

all NHC is highly inspired by Beemers IMO
vigneshnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 10:22   #140
BHPian

Its Punto for me . All the way. Linea will be the second. Both of them are beautifully designed cars.
Baburajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 10:43   #141
Senior - BHPian

Just a quick thought :

When Dzire is so bad from back, then how it is a best selling sedan in the country? People must be liking it. IMO also its not that bad looking from back, rather i feel its very different from all other cars
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 12:57   #142
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2010 at 12:51.
samabhi is online now   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 24th February 2010, 14:42   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Just a quick thought :

When Dzire is so bad from back, then how it is a best selling sedan in the country? People must be liking it. IMO also its not that bad looking from back, rather i feel its very different from all other cars
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. End of day its just up to an individual. Dzire is the best selling because its a great VFM product, not because of looks.
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 20:06   #144
BHPian

Oomph! Baby Oomph! Fiat Linea! It has to be...!!!
inreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 20:28   #145
BHPian

Note from Mod : Strictly no more than 2 smilies per post please. Read our rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Just a quick thought :

As an Indian buyer I would compare a Swift with a Dzire, "Thoda extra paisa lagega lekin dikki toh mil rahi hain na?"

In other words most of the sedans for example Indigo (non-Manza), Dzire, Linea etc are essentially carved out from the same chassis shared by their respective hatchbacks. Most of the buyers with an initial budget for a hatch will stretch it a little more for the extra boot attached to the similar looking hatch. In this case the looks or liking don't matter to the buyer...its the usability of extra space

Even the Linea is sitting on a Punto chassis, but only if we could tell...! Hence you see the poll lead by a Linea

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2010 at 12:50. Reason: Note from Mod : Strictly no more than 2 smilies per post please. Read our rules.
inreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 12:42   #146
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Which car has the best looking backside?

A year ago Linea would have won the vote for the best rear and still is a looker even from the hind sight. However in the present times the vote would go to a brand new highly eligible set of wheels namely the Range Rover Evoque. One could keep drooling over the sleek converging roof lines towards the rear, well proportioned tail lamp clusters and those sporty dual exhausts and bumper cladding. Especially see the ones on Red and Green. Pure Magic!

The other set of wheels IMO that qualify in the best looking backside list for 2011 are (in ascending order of vehicle category)

New i10
Fluidic Verna
Fluence
Koleos
Superb
Evoque
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 13:22   #147
Senior - BHPian

4 people deserve to be given a lesson in aesthetics...how on earth is the Dzire beautiful? If anything, it's undesirable. I'm sure Maruti named it the desire in an attempt to cloak its ugliness. Amazingly, they succeeded.

It's a close one between the i20 and the Punto for me, but I plumped for the i20. Love its rounded design and the way it looks in general. Not surprising to see it as a reasonably popular choice in this poll.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 13:34   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Its the ANHC for me! It looks beautiful from the rear and for the matters it looks very nice from all sides.

Linea does look good but comes 2nd in the list.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 15:37   #149
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Which car has the best looking backside?

For me its a close contest between Superb and Fluidic Verna but Verna has a slight edge over the Superb coz it looks refreshing from the back and futurstic too.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 15:49   #150
BHPian

How can one compare sedans and hatchbacks as far as rear end styling is consider ? And why only these cars are included ?

Anyway among the options, Punto looks the best from rear
Turbokick is offline   Reply With Quote