Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 4th February 2016, 05:41   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Pre-Booking VIP/Fancy Regn No from RTO?

Pretty easy to get Fancy numbers atleast for MH02, got a VIP number from an older series (VIP numbers are not allotted randomly so remain reserved) at 15k. Agents and stealership wanted 65-70k for charges to jump series.
fre2bpowerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 18:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameya_G View Post
Completed this process for my yet to be delivered 2 wheeler in Thane. following are the easy steps. This is done at the old RTO office at Jambli naka and not at the new one.

1. Collect choice number form outside the gate for 2 rs.
2. Fill up the details and visit the 1st floor office(timings 10.30 AM to 2.30 PM ) and submit your form.
3. Collect the signed form from the same office after 3 PM and pay the fees at either of the counters - 18, 26 or 39 and collect the receipt. Receipt is valid for 30 days.
4. Cash and DD are accepted, but not a combination. i had carried a DD for 3000 rs as someone from the RTO had told me that figure for the fees. however the actual amount was 4000 and had to run to the ATM opposite the gate and make the payment.

Over all the process is really simple for which the agents will charge you anything from INR 1500 to INR 3000.

Hope this is helpful
Sorry to dig up an old thread.

What is the process for registration after booking the number?
Do we need to just provide the receipt to the dealership or do we need to self register?
suku_patel_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 19:35   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post

Do we need to just provide the receipt to the dealership or do we need to self register?
I think you have to give the receipt to the dealership/RTO agent to register.

How did you manage to book the number? I want to try and do it online but unable to.
I am registering a new car at Pune RTO this weekend hence wanted to try and book a number before if possible.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 21:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

How did you manage to book the number? I want to try and do it online but unable to.
I am registering a new car at Pune RTO this weekend hence wanted to try and book a number before if possible.
I have not yet booked a number. I am thinking about it and researching on the process.
suku_patel_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 20:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post

Yes just give it to the dealer and make sure he puts it on your file.
Ameya_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 12:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Hey Sahil, did you finally manage to book the number? I am unable to find any such link on the Pune RTO fancy number series page of the Parivahan website. A quick help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 15:21   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
Hey Sahil, did you finally manage to book the number? I am unable to find any such link on the Pune RTO fancy number series page of the Parivahan website. A quick help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Pratyush
Yes I did book the number but couldn't do it online. Instead paid the agent 1500rs extra as his fees to book a number that was receipt value of Rs.5000.

However, I did pay the tax online myself thus got points on my credit card rather than using the primitive way of making a demand draft and giving it to the agent

Going forward I am going to do this for all my payments to the RTO. While registering our MB GLC I paid almost 7 lakhs on my credit card which gives me 3.3% flat reward points on all spends. Thus I got points worth 23k on my card for this transaction !

Last edited by Sahil : 12th June 2018 at 15:23.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote