Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 08:02   #181
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
@Mustang.101: Your price is now floating around the internet and i think ford have already known that somebody from ford done this. Did they investigate on this or warned anyone? I know you can't be caught by ford since your name is not public.

Also how can ford reduce price more? After all this is not a maruti wagon r or estilo. Also the beat is small so it has a vfm, but how can figo go that level?

Investigations are always secret. nobody except the investigators knows when they start or end.

I am not supposed to comment on cars from other manufacturers as per the directives given to me by the mods.
Mustang.101 is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 08:07   #182
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 362
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
From where did you got that price? As per ford pricing will be out at the launch only. If its true, it will be the 8th wonder. This pricing will destroy marutis segment vehicle from wagon r to top rits and shift.

From 3.4 to 5, it will car almost the full hatch segment with petrol and diesel variant. Intelligent work by ford. After all ford has been hard working on this for last few years.
The teaser was on the ad in some website, I think it was on indiatimes.com.
I will try again to find and post it here soon.
Also note that Taxes in Delhi are 2% below 4Lac and 4% above 4lac, thats why the differance in Zxi and titanium

Last edited by jacksons : 6th March 2010 at 08:21.
jacksons is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 09:27   #183
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 362
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Sorry guys, the teaser is for Beat not for the Figo.
Sorry again.
jacksons is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 11:19   #184
BHPian
 
Daewood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 943
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
@Mustang.101: Your price is now floating around the internet and i think ford have already known that somebody from ford done this. Did they investigate on this or warned anyone? I know you can't be caught by ford since your name is not public.
He is only doing a favour to the hype which Ford wants to create around FIGO. Why would Ford warn or penalise someone who is doing goodwork to their brand free of cost?

Other companies spend a lot for doing this(they outsource the work to some online-PR agency)
Daewood is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 14:07   #185
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 165
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post

The diesel Figo might be the gem, but the petrol seems overpriced.

What tips the scales in favor of the Figo Petrol???
Completely agree with you, what is the USP of the Petrol Figo? The overall car package may be good. But when all other manufacturer seems to have a decent, balanced Petrol engine, Ford has a delivered a brand new engine which is neither powerful nor fuel efficient. This is so startling, and I wonder what sort of R&D has Ford done to develop this 'brand new' engine.
cuboid is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 16:43   #186
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Exclamation

ARAI figures for the figo:

Petrol = 15.6 kmpl

Diesel = 20 kmpl


Good Enough?
Mustang.101 is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 17:02   #187
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
... The quality of a car can be tested by the re-sale market and there Ford is in the Lowest quartile.
That, I find a little hard to agree with. I've seen ppl advising against Fiat cars quoting bad resale value among other reasons like A.S.S.
So, wouldn't it be unfair to judge the quality of a car by merely its resale value?
scanD is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 17:06   #188
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 165
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
ARAI figures for the figo:

Petrol = 15.6 kmpl

Diesel = 20 kmpl


Good Enough?
Good enough for the Diesel, not for the Petrol. A 15.6 ARAI figure is definitely below par for a 70 bhp Petrol unit. Look at Beat, Kappa, K12M. Disappointed.

What did Ford develop for this car then? The diesel engine is same as Fiesta, the car platform is same as fiesta, some interior fittings as same as fiesta. All they needed to develop is Petrol 1.2L motor, and they have under-achieved.

Ford has to price the Petrol very very aggressively to generate any sales at all. Diesel should be sure seller.
cuboid is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 17:11   #189
BHPian
 
san2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bharuch
Posts: 140
Thanked: 21 Times
Default bumper pricing

only thing which goes against this car is the styling factor
hope ford finds a blockbuster with this product
san2 is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 17:25   #190
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kottayam
Posts: 282
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
The teaser was on the ad in some website, I think it was on indiatimes.com.
I will try again to find and post it here soon.
Also note that Taxes in Delhi are 2% below 4Lac and 4% above 4lac, thats why the differance in Zxi and titanium
Very thanks for that, i was so confused seeing it.


Also others please stop comments against Mustang.101. According to this forum rules we are not allowed to do that. Mods have already removed some posts regarding this. We are here to discuss on vehicle not on persons.
mkerala is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 18:02   #191
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
Good enough for the Diesel, not for the Petrol. A 15.6 ARAI figure is definitely below par for a 70 bhp Petrol unit. Look at Beat, Kappa, K12M. Disappointed.

What did Ford develop for this car then? The diesel engine is same as Fiesta, the car platform is same as fiesta, some interior fittings as same as fiesta. All they needed to develop is Petrol 1.2L motor, and they have under-achieved.

Ford has to price the Petrol very very aggressively to generate any sales at all. Diesel should be sure seller.

I agree with you on the ARAI figures, However i want you to take a long test drive of the figo, the ritz & the i10 kappa on the same day. You will know the answer.
Mustang.101 is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 18:49   #192
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I spoke to a dealer in Mumbai. I'm only interested in the petrol version (don't ask me why right now...more in a separate thread).

Here are the prices he quoted (only asked the prices for models I was interested in)

1.2 ZXI - 3.75L
1.2 Titanium - 3.95L

I almost fell off my chair. Hell the top end is cheaper than the new Maruti estillo top end.

Another dealer I spoke to quoted 4L for the ZXI. Guess they're setting expectations. If Ford anounces higher prices than those floating around, they're going to lose it very quickly.

All prices ex-showroom (Mumbai).
Devu is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 20:38   #193
BHPian
 
-NUT-case's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 263
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Investigations are always secret. nobody except the investigators knows when they start or end.

I am not supposed to comment on cars from other manufacturers as per the directives given to me by the mods.
I am sure the warning was not for commenting on other manufacturers cars but for spitting and cussing at them ( At the mint with the hole)

Ford will not be amused only if Mustang has given the exact pricing which i think is not the case here. The final pricing has to be diff. This pricing doesn't make sense to me. Anyways lets wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I agree with you on the ARAI figures, However i want you to take a long test drive of the figo, the ritz & the i10 kappa on the same day. You will know the answer.
I do not think the Figo engine will come anywhere near the Ritzs K series engine but the ride will def be better . (If only the seats were not so budget and FORD had given us better seats it could have been even more impressive )
-NUT-case is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 21:41   #194
Senior - BHPian
 
anekho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 1,995
Thanked: 659 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devu View Post
I spoke to a dealer in Mumbai. I'm only interested in the petrol version (don't ask me why right now...more in a separate thread).

Here are the prices he quoted (only asked the prices for models I was interested in)

1.2 ZXI - 3.75L
1.2 Titanium - 3.95L

I almost fell off my chair. Hell the top end is cheaper than the new Maruti estillo top end.

Another dealer I spoke to quoted 4L for the ZXI. Guess they're setting expectations. If Ford anounces higher prices than those floating around, they're going to lose it very quickly.

All prices ex-showroom (Mumbai).
1.2 Titanium for 3.95? For real? Heck, I'm gonna fall of my chair soon!

Aaah, I hope to god they bring a sweet 1.6 "sport" version with a sunroof, climate control etc. for around 7L.

cheers!
anekho is offline  
Old 6th March 2010, 22:27   #195
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,699
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post

Aaah, I hope to god they bring a sweet 1.6 "sport" version with a sunroof, climate control etc. for around 7L.

cheers!
Man! really that would be brilliant. The 1.6 with disc brakes all around and slighly stiffer suspension. I am drooling already.
Amartya is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 85 26th May 2017 08:16
2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed. sarathlal The International Automotive Scene 51 8th June 2016 14:03
Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" for Bangalore BHPians. EDIT : Report Pg. 10 onward GTO The Indian Car Scene 254 4th March 2012 19:02
Scoop: LXi + EXi + ZXi + Titanium= Ford Figo LEAKED sidindica The Indian Car Scene 61 26th February 2010 08:53
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60 doctor The Indian Car Scene 895 11th January 2010 16:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks