Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 11:19   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,369
Thanked: 1,136 Times
Default

very impressive priceing, if the leaked prices are true. I am sure Ford will be able to entice many first time car buyers with the package.
30 K difference between 1.4 SXI and 1.4 Titanium - that is killer VFM
theexperthand is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 11:27   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Sweet pricing - Looks like the difference between the Polo & Figo top end Diesel is quite a lot !!

Ford is intelligent to go ahead and launch the Diesel alongwith the petrol unlike the Polo which I have heard that Petrol launching first and then later on the Diesel comes.

5.45 Lakhs for the top end Titanium Diesel is VFM !

Last edited by vkochar : 26th February 2010 at 11:29.
vkochar is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 11:28   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

If the official price is said range one Titanium for me..!!!
yousivakutti is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 13:05   #49
BHPian
 
hiren959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 339
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

5.45 Lakhs for titanium variant is definetly a steal for 1.4 Duratorque engine!!
Should I wait for the comparison of VW Polo 1.2 CRDI? As looks wise I like Polo not the Figo, but as an overall package I think Figo is the one for me!!
hiren959 is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 13:17   #50
BHPian
 
Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BLR MCT
Posts: 427
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
5.45 Lakhs for titanium variant is definetly a steal for 1.4 Duratorque engine!!
Should I wait for the comparison of VW Polo 1.2 CRDI? As looks wise I like Polo not the Figo, but as an overall package I think Figo is the one for me!!
Polo is a premium hatch back.. if you can afford a polo.. you should wait.!

the performance of the Figo will never match up to the polo..!
Mafia is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 13:25   #51
BHPian
 
isldhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 201
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
If the prices mentioned above are correct then Ford has an out and out winner. Figo spearheading the onslaught against the reigning champion Swift! Figo, together with launch of a diesel Beat and Polo would drive the final nails in the coffin of phenomenon called waitlist for Swift. Probably, then we will see electric ORVMs on Swift.
Sigh!! If wishes were horses ! Mate let me tell you one thing. Team-Bhp may have 60-70000 odd members but the majority 10-20 crore Mango people in our country who are looking to buy a new car ( I'm just assuming the figure) dont give a damn about the road handlings and dynamics of a car. They are more worried about the brand name and market value of the car.
I agree with you that Figo is an excellent proposition for a person looking to buy a small diesel hatchback but Ford has to create a buzz of some sorts highlighting its lower service costs and pocket friendliness rather than the car itself. This is the last oppurtunity for Ford to do something GM is doing in India i.e recreate brand awareness and market its new line of products through proactive dealerships.
isldhn is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 13:44   #52
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Sigh!! If wishes were horses ! Mate let me tell you one thing. Team-Bhp may have 60-70000 odd members but the majority 10-20 crore Mango people in our country who are looking to buy a new car ( I'm just assuming the figure) dont give a damn about the road handlings and dynamics of a car. They are more worried about the brand name and market value of the car.
I agree with you that Figo is an excellent proposition for a person looking to buy a small diesel hatchback but Ford has to create a buzz of some sorts highlighting its lower service costs and pocket friendliness rather than the car itself. This is the last oppurtunity for Ford to do something GM is doing in India i.e recreate brand awareness and market its new line of products through proactive dealerships.
+1 to that and if i may add that of the 60-70K - a lot are Ford owners and/or lovers( driving enthusiasts) so surely more Ford support/buyers will be seen around here. The common man makes a buying choice as you said mostly on reliable brand and service network and maintenance costs. THOSE are where Ford needs to work on setting things right in the minds of buyers unless they would want only to cater to a limited audience. This is where Maruti and Hyundai have made inroads over the years and now we can see Chevy too make a super attempt with the Beat and its dealer network
mkh is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 13:57   #53
BHPian
 
PYSO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Does the Figo have child locks on the rear doors?

I think it is a must-have feature for families with small kids.
PYSO is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 14:07   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

Has this advert been released across India or only TOI ahmedabad?
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP : Ford Figo's pricing *leaked*. EDIT : Officially announced (Page 18 onward).-figo.jpg  

h@r$h@l is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 14:16   #55
BHPian
 
ikoneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 486
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
THOSE are where Ford needs to work on setting things right in the minds of buyers unless they would want only to cater to a limited audience. This is where Maruti and Hyundai have made inroads over the years and now we can see Chevy too make a super attempt with the Beat and its dealer network
Even the limited audience who have got Ford may not be happy with the service network and quality of work along with high cost of spares.

Ford needs to look into these areas as well, if they want to make a SALE.
ikoneer is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 14:20   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Has this advert been released across India or only TOI ahmedabad?
Released across India
suman is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 14:26   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Indeed a Sweet price !!! They surely have winner in their hands !!

Does Ford offer some sort complete care package ??
ashthedivx is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 14:34   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Indeed a Sweet price !!! They surely have winner in their hands !!

Does Ford offer some sort complete care package ??
I think they do.

Found this in the review done by GTO.

"• Standard warranty = 2 years / 100,000 kms.

• Interestingly, Ford will give Figo customers the option of a 5 year extended service plan. It will cover all consumables & labour for 60 months / 100,000 kms. Branded as the “Ford Scheduled Service Plan”. Note that this plan does not cover wear & tear items (clutch, brake pads), tyres or mechanical / electrical failures. "

Source : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...review-34.html
h@r$h@l is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 14:40   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 204
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Does Ford offer some sort complete care package ??
Yes, indeed.

In addtion to SSP (Scheduled Service Plan), FORD has TMP (Total Maintaineance Plan) to cater to complete car care. Apart from that, owners can opt for 3rd/4th year extended warranty, in addition to the first 2 years of standard warranty.

Last edited by mayukh : 26th February 2010 at 14:44.
mayukh is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 14:50   #60
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 362
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

I think its very good price and sure it will be my new car soon if its all correct.
jacksons is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 85 26th May 2017 08:16
2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed. sarathlal The International Automotive Scene 51 8th June 2016 14:03
Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" for Bangalore BHPians. EDIT : Report Pg. 10 onward GTO The Indian Car Scene 254 4th March 2012 19:02
Scoop: LXi + EXi + ZXi + Titanium= Ford Figo LEAKED sidindica The Indian Car Scene 61 26th February 2010 08:53
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60 doctor The Indian Car Scene 895 11th January 2010 16:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:51.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks