Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st March 2010, 13:48   #16
BHPian

Does the 16 cr also include a dedicated road for the veyron to be driven? Otherwise i'm not buying this.
grules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 21:25   #17
BHPian

I would be surprised if DGFT gave permission for left-hand-drive cars. This would open a Pandora's box and we could see a flood of LHD cars in the Indian market. If Bugatti is allowed then Mercedes would want the same waiver for the GLK which is only made in LHD.
santosh911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 21:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh911 View Post
I would be surprised if DGFT gave permission for left-hand-drive cars. This would open a Pandora's box and we could see a flood of LHD cars in the Indian market. If Bugatti is allowed then Mercedes would want the same waiver for the GLK which is only made in LHD.
You are right.. This could create a complex issue. Well with a mix of left and right hand drives there could be a potential increase in the number of mishaps. Also if permission is granted even for one car, it`ll be difficult to deny permission for other cars. I frankly have my reservations as well.
punitkakri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 21:43   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh911 View Post
...Mercedes would want the same waiver for the GLK which is only made in LHD.
Then I hope the LHD rule is never waived. God that thing is ugly.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:01   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Then I hope the LHD rule is never waived.
+1 to that. Rules are rules. If LHD cars aren't allowed, so be it. Why should any exceptions be made for any brand?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:18   #21
BHPian

Dude even if you manage to buy Bugatti Veyron, where the hell will you drive it ?
More over what about Veyron may have a diarrhea after having Diet HP/IOC/BP fuel
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:34   #22
BHPian

I think that DGFT is only allowing it cos of the tax benefits. Also the MERC GLK is much cheaper so the GLX will not allow it. How is it fair though?
But can you imagine the veyron on the express way??
I personally more excited about the lotus launching in india. For obvious reasons cos i cant afford the veyron
petroheadkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ok lets get past Bugati to the Lotus!!!
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 18:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

16 crore is a bit way too much. I dont think there is any car in the world which is worth that amount of investment . i believe you can buy a chartered aeroplane for the same cost or much lesser
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:04   #25
BHPian

Out of shear curiosity what do you guys think the sales target would be 4 or 5 probably or do u think it would be more than that.
petroheadkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:17   #26
BHPian

An Elise for around <30L would be awesome, although I think that's not going to be the case. A Persian Blue Lotus running around the streets of Delhi...mmmm!!!
khan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Whats the advantage of launching these new cars in india as CBU? will the owners get at lesser price as compared to price paid for import?
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Whats the advantage of launching these new cars in india as CBU? will the owners get at lesser price as compared to price paid for import?
I dont think the CBUs would be available for a lower price than importing!!

But you will not get to deal with all the procedures to follow for importing cars. While the homologation would be simpler if the car costs more than 35 (40??) lakhs but still it is not easy to import by yourself. Also earlier it was all the more difficult to import a vehicle less than 3000cc. I dont know whether this clause is still applicable!!

Another point is I am not sure whether you can claim against any warranty issues as I dont have any experience. Scooby, can you give your inputs on this??

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 3rd March 2010 at 18:04.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

A complete waste of time I think people who can afford them already have them in their overseas homes and as most stated here where in hell are yougoing to drive this car really even the folks who bought Ferrari's/Lambo's etc are selling them with quick succession and when you find them driving these cars it is either going up and down small patches some of these cars may have gone to expressway a handful of times what with congestion and trunaround time to get in and out of city! I see supercars really proliferating our country after 15 years
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 13:51   #30
BHPian

If you car shell out 16crores for the car, I am pretty sure you can buy a defunct runway and drive it there! Imaging a car capable of 400+kmph at 40! I have see one or 2 Veyrons abroad! they are quiet a sight! One of the few times my jaw actually dropped looking at a car!
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote