Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th March 2010, 21:20   #46
BHPian

Hilarious video. Tho i wouldnt want to own a logan, my first choice of a cab is defy logan. Almost all the logan's cabs I have been in had covered in excess of 1 lac km and was still going strong.In fact I was surprised at the neatness and relative newness of the interiors on those vehicles.

Btw, Isnt this the mahindra campus? Should be a video by someone belonging to the logan team.
ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 21:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Rode in a Meru Logan - 125000 km - not a rattle, pulls well
Rode in a Meru Indigo Marina - 75000km, rattle, looks tired, stress cracked windscreen

Go figure
In Delhi they still have more Indigo Marina's than Logans. Go figure!
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 23:29   #48
kkg
BHPian

This ad emphasis more on the suspension of the Logan more than anything else and i can vouch for it. I once went for the T D of Logan and the road leading to the showroom was in very bad shape. My Spark bottomed out on it and i was shaking like anything in it but once in Logan, the same road was like very smooth piece of tarmac. I didn't feel any bumps or adulations, simply loved its ride at the back.
kkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 00:59   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

In order to play these love games, first step is to attract the girls with a stylish car. How are you gonna do that with a Logan ??
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 16:19   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyqed View Post
That was funny. Thanks to some of those big time Logan fans out there.

When you actually look at the Logan, it is a wonderful car. It got power, very fuel efficient, got all basic features, sensible pricing etc. When people plan on buying a new car, Logan is located last on most of the "Check-Lists". IMO, this would be because it is widely used as cabs. Now, that is something that makes you reluctant. Indica is a great car but most the people I know were reluctant on buying it for the same reason.
Actually mumbai cabwallahs zeroed in on the Logan to replace their aging Premier Padminis especially since the boot space has reduced with the CNG cylinder in there. But Mahindra-Renualt refused for this very reason. They were OK with Meru and the like using them but not the city cabs.

Link to one news article
http://***************.com/2008/12/m...i-taxi-drivers
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 16:47   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
In order to play these love games, first step is to attract the girls with a stylish car. How are you gonna do that with a Logan ??
Maybe he was one of the guys who got the 'leftovers'. Or maybe it was like an impulse thing that was waiting to happen for a long time ;-)
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 15:11   #52

In Mumbai due to dearth of time or say space many young couples can be found cozying in taxis and even in autos as is the common sight these days.
Many taxiwallahs have done the interiors of their taxi's to attract the couples. I guess the target audience of this video would be couples whose dil mange more and the taxi wallahs who would like to cash on the sentiment.
Nevertheless a hilarious video

Mahindra should organise a preview of this video to the taxi unions to enlighten the taxi wallahs about the added advantage of the Logan. They should be able to sell some more Logans
Jay2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 16:27   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
TATA realized it and hence the Indica Vista and Indigo Manza arent available to the taxiwala. They will put up these for the taxi market when they are ready to launch their next gen's.
Please let me know where did you get this information? I saw an Indica Vista Taxi in chennai today.
AbdulRahmanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 20:15   #54
BHPian

If not the Vista and Manza, at least the Tata Indigo Marina is seen a lot as Meru Cabs. Indigo Marina has a good performance and by my standards, I found it to be a refined car. Still it is used as a Taxi.

Being in a service like Meru Cab does not mean that a car is trash. Companies like Meru choose cars like Indigo Marina and Logan because they are work horses which keep giving good performance for long years.
Maximum_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 19:37   #55
BHPian

Last week I had been to BLR & back in a LOGAN taxi. The ride was far better than that of my VISTA & the noise in the cabin was not at all audiable. Even the pick up was excellent. But for the shape this is a class above car. May be MAHINDRA needs to choose a right partner & a right car appealing to the masses to be there in the mass market & evolve to the next level.

PS forgot to add about the cabin space. Can be called a shrunk limo

Very sad that this car may not be there for a long time..
fifthwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 01:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Umm.. maybe the logan's owner borrowed one of the other cars to do their thing??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
TATA realized it and hence the Indica Vista and Indigo Manza arent available to the taxiwala. They will put up these for the taxi market when they are ready to launch their next gen's.
I have started seeing Indica Vista TDi taxis here in Madras. Caught one near the Rashtrapati Bhavan couple of weeks ago, and one more in ECR. Not a spot to stop and click, and I was doing some speeds...
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 02:28   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthwheel View Post

PS forgot to add about the cabin space. Can be called a shrunk limo
My 6'3'" friend Mayank prefers only the Logan cabs whenever he travels down to Mumbai. According to him, it is the only cab that accommodates him.
serpente is offline   Reply With Quote