Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 13:49   #106
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,733
Thanked: 4,805 Times
Default

Great pics there hani ! Darn, i missed the show. no worries. it is being downloaded as I'm writing this. Love it, Keep em coming ! And, bro you look killer in black with the Black ghost(phantom is also a ghost). Locals must be wondering who is this big shot ripping around in a Roller

Last edited by Scorcher : 21st March 2010 at 13:52.
Scorcher is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 14:02   #107
BHPian
 
Grafin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Great episode Hani.

The RR for the first time for the Malayalis to savor.

U forgot to mention the price which is good as it would have given the people a heart ache.

Keep up the good work and i would like you to find a better location to drive someplace aesthetically good.

All said, great job from you guys.
Grafin is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 14:06   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Hans,

One point I would stress for the RR review is about location! I am sure you could have done the shoot in some IT park or at least in some top end hotel garden. Why the road side shoot. :(

YouTube: part 2 @ 3.07: looks like someone sat in the back seat with a leaking pen!

But, bottom line, lovely show!
Thank you for you review! See we selected the Palm Beach road as RR insisted, but for still shot we approached couple of nice building, but since it was working day it was over crowded! And few other building securities didn't gave persmission due to security reasons! Hence we had to settle with the road side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Great pics there hani ! Darn, i missed the show. no worries. it is being downloaded as I'm writing this. Love it, Keep em coming ! And, bro you look killer in black with the Black ghost(phantom is also a ghost). Locals must be wondering who is this big shot ripping around in a Roller
Thanks dude! Ofcourse might have thought that its some don!
hanmust is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 14:42   #110
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,733
Thanked: 4,805 Times
Default

Saw the show now on tube. Amazing effort to portray every minute detail of the RR. Great job bro.

My fav part was the analog clock part, "Ippo athum kelkunilla"

Points -
- The definition of the Self-Leveling RR logo in the wheels could have been spot on. More than keeping the logo steady in high speeds, RR's point was to have their logo always up right when parked to give that stately feel.

- For the complete effect, you should have given the price tag too. which starts at some 3.5crs and goes all the way up to infinity. The audiences would defenitly skip a beat or two.

Deserves a Standing Ovation

Keep up the good work !
Scorcher is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 14:57   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
...My fav part was the analog clock part, "Ippo athum kelkunilla" ...
That was a nice one!
HappyWheels is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 22:53   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
DicKy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Thiruvanthapuram
Posts: 1,440
Thanked: 609 Times
Default

At last my dream car shown in a down to earth manner.
I mean every time someone tests it in a british or american motor channel,they have a setting in a british village with a mansion (also a butler),and then driving it around scenery,while the narrator tells about on-paper knowledge of the roller.I mean everyone knows its quiet and luxurious and hand made and expensive.
But in Hanmust's show one really feels like knowing about the car in a realistic way.
Thanks for the wonderful show Hani, but one question:
How does one buy a Rolls?
Like any other car or should one have proven background and a certain amount of bank balance????
DicKy is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 23:02   #113
BHPian
 
harishnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Quilon/ Sharjah
Posts: 512
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

This is possibly the first time I have seen such a detailed review of the RR. Hats off to you, Hani!!!
harishnair is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 23:16   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: zxc
Posts: 3,394
Thanked: 658 Times
Default

congratulations! and great job!

I wish i could understand the language.
SirAlec is offline  
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:33   #115
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Saw the show now on tube. Amazing effort to portray every minute detail of the RR. Great job bro.

My fav part was the analog clock part, "Ippo athum kelkunilla"

Points -
- The definition of the Self-Leveling RR logo in the wheels could have been spot on. More than keeping the logo steady in high speeds, RR's point was to have their logo always up right when parked to give that stately feel.

- For the complete effect, you should have given the price tag too. which starts at some 3.5crs and goes all the way up to infinity. The audiences would defenitly skip a beat or two.

Deserves a Standing Ovation

Keep up the good work !
hmm,

But its a fact & all experts ensure that they mention it self-leveling during runnig, thats the best part of it!

I've mentioned the reason for not telling the price in the previous page

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
At last my dream car shown in a down to earth manner.
I mean every time someone tests it in a british or american motor channel,they have a setting in a british village with a mansion (also a butler),and then driving it around scenery,while the narrator tells about on-paper knowledge of the roller.I mean everyone knows its quiet and luxurious and hand made and expensive.
But in Hanmust's show one really feels like knowing about the car in a realistic way.
Thanks for the wonderful show Hani, but one question:
How does one buy a Rolls?
Like any other car or should one have proven background and a certain amount of bank balance????
Thank you so much for understanding my intention to try to presnt his marvel is a normal manner!

You can book the car if you have money, but company will certainly study about you & if you are a black listed person, then they will cancel the booking. Its wat they say!


Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
This is possibly the first time I have seen such a detailed review of the RR. Hats off to you, Hani!!!
Thank you! I dedicated a complete episode as I wasn't satisified when I saw other shows on Phantom, Maybach, Bentley, etc. Being I know about those cars, I felt that they should have showed more, but they have thier own limitation from the channel. Hence I thought being my show & since my channel gave me complete freedom, I dedicated a full episode for all my car loving friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
congratulations! and great job!

I wish i could understand the language.
Thank you, right now I'm sorry, but you can expect an English dubbed version soon!
hanmust is offline  
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:26   #116
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 599 Times
Default

Even though I do not understand a single word, this is becoming one of my favorite shows on TV. Carry on good work bro !!
neoonwheels is offline  
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:16   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Even though I do not understand a single word, this is becoming one of my favorite shows on TV. Carry on good work bro !!
Oh, thats a good encauragement! Thank you!
hanmust is offline  
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:44   #118
BHPian
 
arunsasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 68
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Tip: I have marked the show on google calendar, Which gets synced to my Phone. This way I never miss this show. If you cannot sync, google cal will send u an SMS at a co figurable time to remind you. I do this for the other shows as well
arunsasi is offline  
Old 24th March 2010, 13:06   #119
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunsasi View Post
Tip: I have marked the show on google calendar, Which gets synced to my Phone. This way I never miss this show. If you cannot sync, google cal will send u an SMS at a co figurable time to remind you. I do this for the other shows as well

Thats good, thank you dude. But pls note the below:


NOTICE: considering all the viewers convenience timing of your favorite auto show "FLY WHEEL" changed from the coming episode onwards, i.e., new timing 3.00 pm to 3.30 pm every Saturday. Re-telecaste mid-night 1.00am
hanmust is offline  
Old 26th March 2010, 22:12   #120
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

NOTICE: FLY WHEEL timing changed to 3.00 pm from tomorrow onwards.
hanmust is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Real SUV's show off their spare wheel TheARUN The Indian Car Scene 62 18th August 2017 09:56
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
"Fly the coop" to kolli malai aka kolli hills raj.barcode Travelogues 40 25th September 2010 15:31
Auto Mall 2009 - "delhi's Largest Auto Show" narayan The Indian Car Scene 15 13th January 2009 04:02
Wanted: Fly wheel for OHC 1.5 EXI type 2. cancerm Shifting gears 6 10th January 2008 15:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks