Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th September 2005, 01:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

the brazilian fiesta sedan looks like the 2005 focus sedan ..
they are both he same cars...i dont get it ..
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 01:17   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Holy Cow! I dont believe this, Steeroid....You have actually delivered what even the car magazines were struggling to -Thats a priceless find.
Whoa! hold your horses. Fellow memeber Amit had already delivered these pics more than a year ago. (yes that's how long its been in production). Ajmat had also posted a pic of the Turkish versionsometime back. Here is the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...t=Fiesta+sedan (New Ford Fiesta Sedan)

Methinks the B376 will be a modified version of this. Otherwise Ford wouldnt be making a ballyhoo about an already existing vehicle.

Last edited by Mpower : 25th September 2005 at 01:19.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 01:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Whoa! hold your horses. Fellow memeber Amit had already delivered these pics more than a year ago. (yes that's how long its been in production). Ajmat had also posted a pic of the Turkish versionsometime back. Here is the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...t=Fiesta+sedan (New Ford Fiesta Sedan)

Methinks the B376 will be a modified version of this. Otherwise Ford wouldnt be making a ballyhoo about an already existing vehicle.
Right on both counts, Mpower - this car has been in prod for a while now, which is why I found it funny that the mags didnt have pics.

Ford have drummed up enough hype about this being a 'new' made for india car, but me thinks it will be a cosmetic mod of this one. The engine choice is similar.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 02:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
the brazilian fiesta sedan looks like the 2005 focus sedan ..
they are both he same cars...i dont get it ..
They are not the same cars. The Fiesta is a smaller car than the Focus - the profile is the same because Ford wants the 'family' look for its European cars, but you will notice that the Focus and the Mondeo use similar headlamp treatment which is different from the Fiesta/Fusion.

However, all the noise about the car being made 'exclusively for India' is nuts - the engines offered (1.6 and 1.4 TDCi) have been available on the European Fiesta hatch and the Brazilian Fiesta Sedan for nearly a year now.

We'll see when they launch - my money says that they will give us the same car shown in the pics, with minor cosmetic mods if any. They've been known to drum up hype before, with the 'Josh Machine' campaign which they unsuccessfully tried to replicate with 'Anything Karega' (both Hinglish catchphrases). Perhaps all these camouflaged sightings and reports with camouflaged cars were teasers, part of a deliberate marketing push...
Old 25th September 2005, 11:26   #20
BHPian

There is something funny going on at the major design houses in this competitive world. Everyone seems to be copying each other's designs.. Hyundai getting Honda's designs, Tata trying to bring Merc's designs into the smaller Tata cars. Isn't it time these auto manufacturers came out with something different and original?

The new ford from pictures looks as ugly as the City. I think some modifications and designs on this forum would beat the design engineers at these big corporations anyday.

Somebody listening??...

Regards,
Sumit
sumitsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 12:58   #21
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Unholy **** - are we really getting excited about finally receiving the car that the IKON should have been in the first place,,as for competing with NHC ,,guys ,,guys please,,nowhere in the world does ford get spoken about in the same breath as Honda,,their track record speaks volumes ..1 success in 5 launches ,,with bad dealers,,horrible FE,,pathetic resale value9expected since people finally see a lemon for what it really is
snoopy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 13:40   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

There comes a time for every manufacturer to make a choice : Whether its offering the absolute latest and only that. Or selling the new side-by-side with the old.

A pro-active manufacturer looking at long term gains will always replace the old with the new. Toyota could have very well sold the old Qualis side-by side, as could Honda with the NHC and the OHC.

But they didnt. Shame on Ford and Skoda (who is planning to sell the old Octi and new Octi)!

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 15:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy41
Unholy **** - are we really getting excited about finally receiving the car that the IKON should have been in the first place,,as for competing with NHC ,,guys ,,guys please,,nowhere in the world does ford get spoken about in the same breath as Honda,
You're right. The car doesnt have killer looks, and the engine choices arent so great. The diesel's specs are just slightly better than those of the Indigo in terms of torque and less in terms of power, so if Hyundai launch the new Accent their CRDi engine should easily kill this one.

As for petrol, Honda only have to plonk the Vtec or at least a 1.5 into the City for it to get the measure of this Ford.

If this car comes in its current guise, the NHC with some improvement and the new Accent when it comes in seem much better choices - at least on paper.
Old 25th September 2005, 19:12   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

The 1.4 Duratorq commonrail is an acclaimed engine and achieves 60+ mpg. Should be smoother than Hyundai's 3 pot. If I buy this car, it will be for the diesel.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 20:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

That fuel consumption figure is awesome - it works out to 26+ kmpl....Accents routinely get 18 kmpl and 20 + on the highway is what I've been told - Drifter is the best man to confirm.

I have heard that the Fiesta diesel is VERY refined, though.
Old 26th September 2005, 10:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs down

ughhhh! What is it with wheel arches nowadays ?
Everyone seems to be going that way. Even the S class. They do look good on some cars (Mondeo) , but in most of the cars they look like forced additions. Can't stand them ..

True. Once the new Accent is out, it'll demolish this Ford ..
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 11:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Man if this car got a FE of 26+ man i gonna wait for the launch. We were about to buy accent crdi for myself and embra for dad.

Man 26+ this beats the zen diesel too
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 12:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

Must say the new one looks majorly confused, though...worse than the NHC and the Indigo.

Anyone here comprende espanol ???
yo aprendo espanol pero ustedes hablan portugues en Brasil !!! ;- )

A friend of mine in the UK has a Fiesta hatch and its mighty good but Fiesta sedan for 7L ....errr
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 21:33   #29
BHPian

The new accent has the shape of an EGG! will it survive? nay! Everyone else is playing FOR Honda!
City with vtec and Civic is gonna push honda up in popularity charts!
LandCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 09:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hey we cant say anything about the car. May if it is launched and we come to know it is better then?? Looks doent matter to me much now but technology does. Maybe the car is better than NHC.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote