Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which do you think is better?
Maruti Swift VDI ABS 173 33.86%
Ford Figo TDCI Titanium 338 66.14%
Voters: 511. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25th April 2010, 12:20   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob View Post
Huh? While I haven't been in a Figo yet, just about every review I have seen (both on TBHP and in the car magazines) has praised the Figo's AC as best in class. Unless you mean the Figo's AC is too cold!
I found the Figo AC average, nothing special.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 22:39   #92
BHPian

Figo would win (hands down) if and only if it came with the S badge instead!
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 16:40   #93
BHPian

Default Voted for the Ford Figo Titanium

Figo is a VFM car with loads of usable features and tad superior finish in comparison with the Swift.
I have booked mine, first hatchback;
PS: i am the Jeep kind.
MaveRick4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 21:49   #94
BHPian

Voted for Ford Figo. An absolute VFM car in the segment. Swift is no doubt a great car but does not tick all the boxes (in terms of safety equipment, comfort etc.) for a prospective diesel hatchback buyer.
sathya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 22:50   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I found the Figo AC average, nothing special.
On the contrary i found that on level 2 the A/C was pretty good .. at least for the driver.
commodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 08:13   #96
Senior - BHPian

Theoretically the a/c on the Figo is better than anything you get in the market today on small cars. Practically the larger cabin with more glass area, a not so tinted front wind shield and the dashboard plastic that heats up badly causes the A/c to not seem so effective as it would on the fusion/Fiesta siblings.

I remember some magazine did a summer shootout where they compared the a/c of all cars. The Figo a/c was the best if you checked the cooling effect near the vents (IRC 9degree Celsius) but it got just an average rating probably because of the above mentioned thing.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 09:32   #97
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Theoretically the a/c on the Figo is better than anything you get in the market today on small cars. Practically the larger cabin with more glass area, a not so tinted front wind shield and the dashboard plastic that heats up badly causes the A/c to not seem so effective as it would on the fusion/Fiesta siblings.

I remember some magazine did a summer shootout where they compared the a/c of all cars. The Figo a/c was the best if you checked the cooling effect near the vents (IRC 9degree Celsius) but it got just an average rating probably because of the above mentioned thing.
Maybe ford knew the regular a/c compressor in that category would be inadequate, as they may have already faced such problems in testing of the vehicle and hence moved to a 'bigger than everyone else' compressor to combat such anticipated complaints. Its just another case that the marketing dept ran with the USP that this has the biggest compressor and thus the most powerful a/c. Probably its a case of over-selling which is causing the customers to expect more.
superveloce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 13:04   #98
BHPian

So, what is the bottomline guys? Is the figo A/c better than chief competitors like Swift etc.? or is it Average or below Average? From my personal experience during 3 Figo TDs, it was just awesome. It has one of the most powerful blowers that I have seen in this segment and it chills the front row pretty fast. But the chill air comes in spurts in a time interval of 3 minutes. (The cycle is 'chill air - cold air - chill air'). I also checked the A/c in couple of brand new Swift VDIs which I found it be only average.

In fact, the A/c performance was one of the most important criterion based on which I have selected Figo 1.4 Titanium over Swift VDI (ABS). Hope I don't end up repenting with my decision.
Old 21st May 2010, 11:48   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya79 View Post
So, what is the bottomline guys? Is the figo A/c better than chief competitors like Swift etc.? or is it Average or below Average? From my personal experience during 3 Figo TDs, it was just awesome. It has one of the most powerful blowers that I have seen in this segment and it chills the front row pretty fast. But the chill air comes in spurts in a time interval of 3 minutes. (The cycle is 'chill air - cold air - chill air'). I also checked the A/c in couple of brand new Swift VDIs which I found it be only average.

In fact, the A/c performance was one of the most important criterion based on which I have selected Figo 1.4 Titanium over Swift VDI (ABS). Hope I don't end up repenting with my decision.
I have specifically test driven Figo, Swift, Vista, i20 and Punto at NOON TIME (Around 130pm in hot Cochin climate in April) JUST TO KNOW THE A/C EFFECT and I found Figo was the best.

None of the cars were in the shed either prior to the run, all were lying in the sun. And none had just returned from another test drive either. I have double checked. Even otherwise while getting into a car at noon you pretty well know how it feels, u don't need any other proof.

Figo has fastest cooling and coolest cooling. You can take my word on that. Theres absolutely no question about it.
sam_sant2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 12:04   #100
BHPian

Default Figo

I owned a Maruti, wanted to upgrade and the closest competitor (I would have brought without Figo) was Ritz vDi, ABS all round comparision.

Figo turned the scale based on features, drivability, boot, and driver position experience. The cost of min. add on features(accessories) is higher.
(seat height adjust, rear defogger, music system, ... I think I have listed in the maruti thread)

Talking about service, I know how Mandovi have billed me upto 4+K on regular service. One thing that Maruti can still do is they can fix the issue and there is tracability of whats happening when your car is held up at service station for > 24 hrs. Ford needs to prove it and am betting on that.

My vote will go for Figo, (I brought one)
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 12:37   #101
BHPian

Weight :
Swift VDi(ABS) - 1075kgs
Figo TDCi Titanium 1130kgs

Tyre:
Swift - 165/80 R14
Figo - 175/65 R14

Mileage:
Both around 18+

Now tell me which is a better efficient engine. If you put that thin tyre onto Figo it ll give much more mileage.

The performance we talk about in Swift mainly is judged by people (90% of them) who have changed from stock tyres (to 185) probably in Swift.

The mileage (the 18+) we talk about in Swift mainly is judged by people who own stock tyre Swift's.

So isn't Figo better.

Swift owners can reply. I really dont feel fatter tyred Swift's have the same mileage rating as stock ones.
sam_sant2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 12:58   #102
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes for Figo.

(removed other content from my post. Mods, this post can be deleted)

Last edited by clevermax : 21st May 2010 at 13:02.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 13:59   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
This is a spare part price comparison from March 2009
Dear Friends,
Can any one point me to the simillar comparision of latest spare prices. I am interested in i20 CRDi and Dzire VDi

Please help.. as i have booked Dzire VDi, thinking of switching over to i20.

- Thanks, Selva
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 09:56   #104
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the FIGO. Its the newer of the cars and comes across as much more spacious. Besides I hate the MARUTI policy of making customers wait for their cars
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 21:55   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I have specifically test driven Figo, Swift, Vista, i20 and Punto at NOON TIME (Around 130pm in hot Cochin climate in April) JUST TO KNOW THE A/C EFFECT and I found Figo was the best.

None of the cars were in the shed either prior to the run, all were lying in the sun. And none had just returned from another test drive either. I have double checked. Even otherwise while getting into a car at noon you pretty well know how it feels, u don't need any other proof.

Figo has fastest cooling and coolest cooling. You can take my word on that. Theres absolutely no question about it.

Thanks a lot for your reply Sam. I have already booked 1.4 D Titanium Sea Grey Figo two weeks back. But there is a shocking news coming up. Just heard from Lathangi Ford dealership guys that Ford is planning to hike the prices on the Figo by about 3% (on ex-showroom prices) (roughly by about 20-25K in Bangalore), with effect from 1st of June 2010. I'm trying my best to haggle around and convince them to deliver my car before 31st May to avoid the impending price increase. Any suggestions on how to avoid this folks? I have booked my car on 16th of May and I have even told the sales consultant that I'm ready to pay the full amount in cash if they are able to give me 'price protection' of any sort. They are saying that they are expecting the next lot of cars during this week (hopefully!) or in the first week of June (sigh!). Just keeping my fingers crossed as of now....

Can any of you pls. confirm whether this impending price hike from Ford is true or not? Any suggestions/ideas/advice in this regard?