Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th March 2010, 13:35   #31
BHPian

Nissan micra! Seems to be good in both interiors & exteriors. Few Colors are brilliant. Swift & Vistas will be outdated.
sree70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 13:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Yes, All colours are looks good indeed. Looking at the features its been offered i20 is getting competition.
I don't think this would turn out to be a super hatch, they would compete against i10..
Mr_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 14:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I don't think this would turn out to be a super hatch, they would compete against i10..

Since beige interior give premium feel for general Indians (i don't know why Indians feel this way )it will be i10 competitors, But only if they can retain similar interior quality as show here. Hope they wont go for cost cutting and provide cheap quality plastics/interiors!

Nice colors to choose from! The circular center console is nice!

Last edited by recshenoy : 18th March 2010 at 14:36.
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 14:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
The localisation in new Micra could be in the vicinity of 85 per cent.

Renault Nissan Alliance had tied up with 96 suppliers across the country. Fifty per cent of its suppliers are based in and around Chennai, 30 per cent Delhi and 10 per cent each in Bangalore and Pune.

The new Micra would weigh less, according to Vincent Cobee, Corporate Vice-President (Programme Head V Platform). This would, in turn, result in fuel efficiency, he added.
85% localisation could give in a good price for us

Source: The Hindu
kraft.wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 17:06   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
GTO any idea when the deliveries will start?
I believe mid-2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
Any reviews/road test coming up?
Soon, I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
If they were planning to launch micra so soon they should have started some kind of brand awareness program some time back, similar to what VW done. I do not think many people in India are aware of the brand "NISSAN".
As your post outlines, Nissan clearly has its work cut out. Pricing, mass marketing & brand awareness, dealership network....I deeply respect Carlos Ghosn and know that he'll have a solid team in place.

Remember, Renault-Nissan have already burnt their fingers with the Logan's disastrous performance. They were jolted, and will have done their homework this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Surprised that they dint even put a wheel cap to that inaugral vehicle let alone a good looking alloy.
Shocking isn't it? All in the small details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I have driven the Nissan Maxima extensively during my stint in the US and must say it is a very reliable car.
A marketing professor of mine (from the States) was a hard-core Nissan lover. She claimed each Nissan she owned lasted 4,00,000 miles, reliably, before being sold to the next owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
First of all, i doubt that India will get only a petrol version. If they have invested so much, surely they would have done their research that Indian customers like diesels.
Spot-on! Nissan would do well in offering a diesel engine. They have plenty to choose from, thanks to European expertise.

Quote:
Second, i dont see the logic in dumping the Logan engine in a small car. It wont qualify for any small benefits with that engine.
Totally agreed. No chance of a Logan engine making its way here.

It's going to be W-A-R in the small car segment. May the best man win!

Last edited by GTO : 18th March 2010 at 17:07.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 20:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Guess the Micra has a diesel - saw the dCi badging in one of the pics..and yes its up in the market since May 2010 - A little pigeon tells me
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 20:29   #37
BHPian

Check out this link for some more Micra pics from Nissans plant - The making of Nissan Micra in India
rajivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 20:32   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
Second, i dont see the logic in dumping the Logan engine in a small car. It wont qualify for any small benefits with that engine. If i remember right, the regulations for duty exemption is 1.2P and 1.4D. So why would they fit a Logan engine (remember it is imported, so additional costs there as well). I'm also skeptical about how well it can be integrated into this car. I'm sure Nissan wont make such a compromise just to prove that the Renault-Nissan alliance is working!!
IIRC, its a 1.5 L limit for diesel so yes it will qualify for exise benefits. Besides the Logan diesel engine is one of the best in class for drivability and FE.

The platrom is slated to be used for a sedan and micro-van so it can handle larger engines for sure.

Last edited by Mpower : 18th March 2010 at 21:09.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 20:56   #39
BHPian

Looks really good. I hope they maintain the interior quality and fit/finish, a la VW India. If the 4L figure floating as price range is true, they sure have a very potent product in their lineup.

The interiors look top-notch in hi-res pictures. Looks good from outside too. Now lets wait for GTO's review. The smiley in GTO's post above tells me the review is not too far
SunilM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 21:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Now this is beginning to create a problem for the likes of me - who are looking to buy a new B/B+ segment car in April/May. Would prefer automatic because I want wifey to use the car as well.

I really do hope GTO's test drive is soon soon soon ...
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 16:10   #41
BHPian

Sounds a decent car. It is to be seen how they fare amidst giants like Suzukis and Hyundais.
cogentr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 17:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Great. Yet another small car to choose for the buyers. As GTO says coming from a Japanese carmaker, this car should have thing or two up its sleeve.

Doesnt it look like an A-star competitor? I read somewhere that the Petrol is a 3-pot engine. Will a Jap 3-pot be better than a German 3-pot ?

Surprised that they dint even put a wheel cap to that inaugral vehicle let alone a good looking alloy.
Certainly agree to that. Atleast a wheel cap should have been in order.

Even the colour choice is not appealing.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 19:36   #43
agm
BHPian

One of my friend who was offered for the dealership in Raipur for the Nissan, which he rejected told me that the Micra base model would be some where around 4.3L ,although he aint sure, but this is what he got to know from few people nissan, in one of the meeting which took place day before yesterday.

Also, he saw the vehicle and said interior is quite decent little better then i10 and that red/orange colour dont look bad infact pretty good.Overall space is same as i10,little cramped :|
agm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 20:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Almost on the verge of launching a volume player in the market,and not a single showroom in the whole of eastern India. I think they should have sorted out the dealer/service network first,then rolled out the Micra.

Buckle up,Nissan!
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 20:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Wow! Almost on the verge of launching a volume player in the market,and not a single showroom in the whole of eastern India. I think they should have sorted out the dealer/service network first,then rolled out the Micra.

Buckle up,Nissan!
They still have a few months in hand before delivery,i guess they will start their brand awareness campaign and assign dealerships soon.

Last edited by avishar : 19th March 2010 at 20:58.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote