Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 14:29   #61

Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A smaller boot will relieve Mahindra-Renault of the only Logan customers today i.e. CABS! I hope M-R aren't seriously thinking that a shorter Logan will finally bring them success.
I think they will continue to manufacture the current model too for the cabs. And there are some cabbies who don't want a big boot. I've seen a lot of Wagon R and Swift taxis, not to mention the Indica's.
Old 27th March 2010, 09:02   #62

Saw in today's Economic times:
"MUMBAI/NEW DELHI: Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) is likely to freeze investments in its troubled joint venture with Renault, ceding a majority stake and management control to the French company. Future investments will be by Renault, resulting in a fall in M&M’s 51% stake over a period of time, according to a number of persons close to the development.
The two companies are also discussing the possibility of letting Renault use part of the 50,000-unit Logan facility in Nashik to make other vehicles, because only 500 cars are being sold every month, leaving much of the capacity idle.

Please read the full article here: M&M may slam brakes on investments in Renault JV- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Note from Mod: Please continue the discussion on this official news thread (Mahindra goes solo with the Logan. Renault exits Mahindra-Renault JV)

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2010 at 18:46. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread