Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 26th March 2010, 14:29   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A smaller boot will relieve Mahindra-Renault of the only Logan customers today i.e. CABS! I hope M-R aren't seriously thinking that a shorter Logan will finally bring them success.
I think they will continue to manufacture the current model too for the cabs. And there are some cabbies who don't want a big boot. I've seen a lot of Wagon R and Swift taxis, not to mention the Indica's.
Old 27th March 2010, 09:02   #62
BHPian

Saw in today's Economic times:
"MUMBAI/NEW DELHI: Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) is likely to freeze investments in its troubled joint venture with Renault, ceding a majority stake and management control to the French company. Future investments will be by Renault, resulting in a fall in M&M’s 51% stake over a period of time, according to a number of persons close to the development.
The two companies are also discussing the possibility of letting Renault use part of the 50,000-unit Logan facility in Nashik to make other vehicles, because only 500 cars are being sold every month, leaving much of the capacity idle.
..."

Please read the full article here: M&M may slam brakes on investments in Renault JV- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Note from Mod: Please continue the discussion on this official news thread (Mahindra goes solo with the Logan. Renault exits Mahindra-Renault JV)

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2010 at 18:46. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread