Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 23:09   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

ACI has stolen spy pics of the Wagon R from Team-BHP and not even given any credits to sidindica! They've just cropped out the TBHP water mark!
New Wagon R gets K-series engine | Autocar India
theragingbull is offline  
Old 28th March 2010, 01:03   #152
BHPian
 
spindoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Madras
Posts: 289
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
ACI has stolen spy pics of the Wagon R from Team-BHP and not even given any credits to sidindica! They've just cropped out the TBHP water mark!
New Wagon R gets K-series engine | Autocar India
Yes! They have simply lifted Sid's pics from here, cropped and posted them without any credits to Sid / TBHP!

They have even left the image filenames unchanged. It's a con job done in a hurry, I guess!
spindoc is offline  
Old 29th March 2010, 09:08   #153
BHPian
 
brijesh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: cochin
Posts: 45
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

the interiors look quite cool. i hope they have got better plastics, the main problem with wagon r was the gear shift, hope they are through with it , i have a zen estilo before facelift , an ideal city car but the gear shift is too lousy
brijesh1977 is offline  
Old 29th March 2010, 10:17   #154
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,062
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

I somehow feel that the interiors are more "UV"ish than "car". I believe they should be good in quality though.
blue_pulsar is offline  
Old 29th March 2010, 11:36   #155
BHPian
 
driving_smartly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 476
Thanked: 211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Yes! They have simply lifted Sid's pics from here, cropped and posted them without any credits to Sid / TBHP!

They have even left the image filenames unchanged. It's a con job done in a hurry, I guess!
Mods apart from normal water marking can we also have the option light coloured Team-Bhp water marking throughout the pictures
driving_smartly is offline  
Old 29th March 2010, 11:43   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
longhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

They also mention that the WagonR is going to get the K10B from the AStar.
longhorn is offline  
Old 29th March 2010, 15:55   #157
BHPian
 
designersf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 602
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

If I was at Maruti, I would do this to my lineup :

Position A-Star as the sporty and fun to drive car . Its cramped rear seats wouldnt pose too much of a problem to the younger generation and neither will its boot space. It could be marketed as a mini-Swift against the WagonR and Estilo which are more practical.

While the WagonR could be positioned as a family hatchback, I'm unsure of the Estilo. It does look like a mini MPV after all and going by sizes, A-Star<Estilo<WagonR IMO. So, the prices should be likewise but sadly it isnt. It is a confused lineup at Maruti and I feel like
designersf is offline  
Old 29th March 2010, 18:10   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,633
Thanked: 1,903 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
While the WagonR could be positioned as a family hatchback, I'm unsure of the Estilo. It does look like a mini MPV after all and going by sizes, A-Star<Estilo<WagonR IMO. So, the prices should be likewise but sadly it isnt.
Size is not a major factor in positioning and pricing. But it is not avoidable also.

Maruti is not too much interested in selling in Indian market, I think. They have the export market for it, and is exporting more than 10k per month.

IMO, they have to bring the Suzuki Cervo to India in place of A-Star. With stylish looks and loads of space with the K12M engine instead of the K10B, at a price range of 3.2L - 4.0L, it can give tough fight to i10 also.
romeomidhun is offline  
Old 29th March 2010, 19:22   #159
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,633
Thanked: 1,903 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Maruti is not too much interested in selling in Indian market, I think. They have the export market for it, and is exporting more than 10k per month.
My mistake. read it as: Maruti is not too much interested in selling A-Star in Indian market, I think.
romeomidhun is offline  
Old 29th March 2010, 20:18   #160
BHPian
 
harishnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Quilon/ Sharjah
Posts: 512
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
IMO, they have to bring the Suzuki Cervo to India in place of A-Star. With stylish looks and loads of space with the K12M engine instead of the K10B, at a price range of 3.2L - 4.0L, it can give tough fight to i10 also.
I agree with you on the fact that Suzuki should launch the Cervo in India.But, it should be replacing the Estilo and not the A-Star.I doubt if there will be any takers for the Estilo once the new Wagon-R is launched.Also,the Estilo doesn't have the export potential of the A* to warrant its presence in the Suzuki line-up.
harishnair is offline  
Old 30th March 2010, 01:44   #161
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 8
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
Damn sid, how do you manage this every time? I am not aware of your profession but i think you are in auto industry somewhere. And you are officially "kings of scoops" on team. Neat and nice pics. Car looks a lot better than speculated in some other thread. More boxy but more modern. Easier on eyes. Somehow rear is ordinary and boring.
Well couple of nice friends in the right places. Who dont really care about useless ethics. These car companies really have large R&D teams now. And if you're in the plant, the new models are very easily available parked around.
eternalmonotony is offline  
Old 30th March 2010, 10:34   #162
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,705
Thanked: 3,845 Times
Default

motorbeam too has posted images from here mentioning ACI as source, which in turn manipulated the pics without mentioning team-bhp as its source.
sidindica is offline  
Old 30th March 2010, 10:51   #163
BHPian
 
BhaskarKumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
motorbeam too has posted images from here mentioning ACI as source, which in turn manipulated the pics without mentioning team-bhp as its source.
I think we should ensure to upload the pics with watermark.
BhaskarKumar is offline  
Old 30th March 2010, 12:20   #164
BHPian
 
georgev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KL-05
Posts: 233
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

unfortunately if you look at maruthi line up , 70% of thier products are almost of the same size with different shapes . this confuses the customer. they should create identity for thier products
georgev is offline  
Old 30th March 2010, 17:24   #165
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,633
Thanked: 1,903 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
I agree with you on the fact that Suzuki should launch the Cervo in India.But, it should be replacing the Estilo and not the A-Star.I doubt if there will be any takers for the Estilo once the new Wagon-R is launched.Also,the Estilo doesn't have the export potential of the A* to warrant its presence in the Suzuki line-up.
My note was "to replace A-Star with Cervo in India only, not in International markets".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
motorbeam too has posted images from here mentioning ACI as source, which in turn manipulated the pics without mentioning team-bhp as its source.
More sites who took the scoop images from T-BHP:

Asianet | Kerala Latest News | Kerala Breaking News | Kerala Latest Headlines
Mathrubhumi || Wheels - ????? ?????? ???? ???????
Scoop: Maruti Suzuki to show new Wagon R | Goa On Wheels
romeomidhun is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15 chetans The Indian Car Scene 299 6th October 2009 11:56
New Safari Dicor - 2.2 ltr (Scoop: Brochure on page 104) SUV The Indian Car Scene 1634 4th October 2007 11:44
Bangalore Autowali....A friend of mine clicked this pic. nevertouchme Street Experiences 31 31st May 2007 13:34
Some pics i clicked while at the Ford dealer benbsb29 Shifting gears 9 11th April 2007 10:27
Ford Fusion clicked in Chennai Rtech The Indian Car Scene 3 29th July 2004 18:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks