Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 20:38   #196
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I agree with that label for 1 H but the other? Hyundai gets you the best tech sooner than most and their cars are loaded for the price they quote. No skimping on features, the most basic ones like a dead pedal! Their response is diagonally opposite to most. Introduce models loaded to the hilt and respond with more variants at different price points to counter competitors.
Which model from Hyundai can be considered as 'aggressively' priced? None. But there are models from others like Fiat, VW, Ford, Maruti and Tata, that are priced to attract buyers. Considering the prices of i20, Verna, Accent or even i10, none of their cars' pricing will attract buyers, I think.

i10 is overpriced for its size. Sells well because there was not much alternative for Maruti.
i20 is VFM only when it is compared to Jazz.
Verna is overpriced, and is loosing its initial steam.
Accent, the most out-dated car from Hyundai, is still priced at 4.99L!
Old 6th April 2010, 21:47   #197
Senior - BHPian

The top end version does not look that overpriced and with airbags+abs,integrated stereo a whole new platform and loads of interior space it looks quite VFM.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:00   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
i10 is overpriced for its size. Sells well because there was not much alternative for Maruti.
i20 is VFM only when it is compared to Jazz.
I don't quite agree here.The i10 is a fantastic car and sells by its own virtue,not because of lack of alternatives from Maruti.Its not exactly overpriced.

Regarding the i20,its quite VFM considering the fact that it comes loaded to the gills.Alloys,airbags,climate control,ABS and the works come as standard on the top end Asta and you can even opt for 6 airbags! The only downside is the smallish 1.2L mill.1.4 Automatic and CRDi is a bit bit pricey but you also have the Polo diesel touching 7 lakhs INR.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:31   #199
Senior - BHPian

1) Overpriced ? I dont think so. If Hyundai can get price i10 so high, then I think the pricing of this latest generation Wagon R is good enough. I appreciate that Suzuki has not launched the third generation car and decided to bring in the latest. Ford has given us an old generation car in the form of Figo.

2) Wagon R has sold till date because of its virtues and not just wrong image like Hyundai i10. Wagon R is a practical car, one that is space efficient, offers good visibility that many modern cars does fail to offer, is cheap to buy, own, run and maintain. This 4th gen car will surely offer better road handling and ride than the current second generation car.

What I am against is the K10B being plonked into this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
I don't quite agree here.The i10 is a fantastic car and sells by its own virtue,not because of lack of alternatives from Maruti.Its not exactly overpriced.

Regarding the i20,its quite VFM considering the fact that it comes loaded to the gills.Alloys,airbags,climate control,ABS and the works come as standard on the top end Asta and you can even opt for 6 airbags! The only downside is the smallish 1.2L mill.1.4 Automatic and CRDi is a bit bit pricey but you also have the Polo diesel touching 7 lakhs INR.
3) Hyundai i10 is not that fantastic a car. The ride quickly becomes unsettled, high speed stability is not good. What is offers is somewhat good quality interiors and just about decent space. It sells because it is a change from monotonous Maruti cars.

4) i20 had issues regarding some ECU rubber part, the compressor in 1.2 was lifted from i10 1.2 so ac not cooling well complains and some steering or suspension related issue. Not exactly what we call a good car at a given price. As compared to Polo or GP, i20 does not ride or handle as well, and most importantly it lacks the real feel of so called premium hatch.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:29   #200
Senior - BHPian

I think we can expect more goodies in the Vxi (ICE & rear wipers) as compared to the current WagonR. That could be the reason for the higher diifence between Lxi and Vxi. Vxi ABS @ 4 lakh ex showromm Delhi would be a good deal. .

@ Sidindica & GTO - I'm waiting for this thread :-)

All New Maruti Suzuki WagonR - Test Drive And Review

Last edited by longhorn : 7th April 2010 at 11:34.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:34   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
3) Hyundai i10 is not that fantastic a car. The ride quickly becomes unsettled, high speed stability is not good. What is offers is somewhat good quality interiors and just about decent space. It sells because it is a change from monotonous Maruti cars.
While i10 may be a getting old compared to newer and better priced competition, it really was a game changer when it came out!

With somewhat higher prices, you get a car that feels a lot richer than the WagonR. Heck, i have even felt that the interiors of the WagonR feels like a small truck compared to the interiors of the i10! This is one area Maruti really needs to improve on!
Old 7th April 2010, 12:42   #202
BANNED

Quote:
For me, i10, a toyish looking car, is overpriced considering its size. That is what I said.

Quote:
All these goodies come in the higher end model, and that touches 6L ex-showroom, not in the 4.8 Lakh base model! After all, it is a Hyundai hatch!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th April 2010 at 12:49.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:50   #203
Senior - BHPian

romeomidhun, please note that CrAzY dRiVeR's got a WagonR.

Yet he is accepting that i10 id better than WagonR. Regarding the vfm of WagonR vis-a-vis i10, please compare the feature of both the cars, rather than being emotional over a particular product.
Neither the Suzukis or anybody from Hyundai management are related to you, me, romeomidhun or most other forum members.

Try to understand the rationale of what others might be suggesting/ discussing for the new model. It would definitely help you buying the best car for yourself.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:18   #204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
romeomidhun, please note that CrAzY dRiVeR's got a WagonR.

Yet he is accepting that i10 id better than WagonR. Regarding the vfm of WagonR vis-a-vis i10, please compare the feature of both the cars, rather than being emotional over a particular product.
Neither the Suzukis or anybody from Hyundai management are related to you, me, romeomidhun or most other forum members.

Try to understand the rationale of what others might be suggesting/ discussing for the new model. It would definitely help you buying the best car for yourself.
Instead of being a Hyundai's advocate and jumping to every topic and suggesting a Hyundai for anyone, better you read my earlier posts in this same topic and see how I lamented the new Wagon-R's expected pricing. What I suggested was 'not to make the new Wagon-R a pricey non-VFM car'. Also I mentioned that 'i10 is overpriced considering its size', not interiors.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th April 2010 at 15:19.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:33   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Instead of being a Hyundai's advocate and jumping to every topic and suggesting a Hyundai for anyone, better you read my earlier posts in this same topic and see how I lamented the new Wagon-R's expected pricing. What I suggested was 'not to make the new Wagon-R a pricey non-VFM car'. Also I mentioned that 'i10 is overpriced considering its size', not interiors.
That was rude, but anyway I have noted your comments.

Even I am wondering in which of my post I have taken side for Hyundai, or any other manufacturer, except Tata in latest Nano fire incident. In fact, I am yet to recommend Hyundai to every Tom, Dick & Harry (& for your knowledge that's a English proverb, not the name of c-grade Hindi film). If you have any knowledge of my such post please bring it to my knowledge, so that I can apologise for my comments.

Regarding the space in i10 or WagonR, which I understand is the interior space, as far as I have observed i10 has more space than WagonR, except the headroom. Could you please enlighten me with your analysis of the same?
Old 7th April 2010, 15:58   #206
BHPian

+1 romeomidhun. Even I agree that the i10 is overpriced. In fact, the Verna is almost dead while the i20 though overpriced, is selling well. I got info that the i20 currently sold in India is a re-engineered version of the European model with lesser structural strength. Hyundai is marketing the Indian model with a 5-Star EuroNCAP rating which it actually isnt. Hyundai is making a lot of profits from selling the 'compromised' i20 in India at a higher cost.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:01   #207
BHPian

Please stop

Guys, can you please stop this. There is no point in fighting over it. The fact is every car has its pros and cons, and we as a consumer should accept the cons along with the pros. And all customers have different requirements and there is not just ONE product that will suffice his requirement perfectly.

So be it Hyundai or Maruti or any other car manufacturer, please don't fight over products of these manufacturer. Just acknowledge the product, its pros and cons. Period. Remember GTO unbiased review - that is why the review is so good.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:55   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1)
As compared to Polo or GP, i20 does not ride or handle as well, and most importantly it lacks the real feel of so called premium hatch.
The USP of the i20 is its premium hatch and big car feel.Check out the new Asta with built-in turn indicators on the ORVMs and brushed aluminum trim on the dash.Lovely details like that speak volumes about i20's claim as a premium hatch.

Quote:
All these goodies come in the higher end model, and that touches 6L ex-showroom, not in the 4.8 Lakh base model! After all, it is a Hyundai hatch!
That ain't too bad.Especially when compared to the cramped Swift Vxi pegged at 4.7 lakhs.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:00   #209
Senior - BHPian

Mr. A- "training on from Monday, launch on 23rd."
Old 10th April 2010, 12:33   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Mr. A- "training on from Monday, launch on 23rd."
Will this be replacing the current WagonR or will they be selling both side by side?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed