Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 20:38   #196
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,627
Thanked: 1,878 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I agree with that label for 1 H but the other? Hyundai gets you the best tech sooner than most and their cars are loaded for the price they quote. No skimping on features, the most basic ones like a dead pedal! Their response is diagonally opposite to most. Introduce models loaded to the hilt and respond with more variants at different price points to counter competitors.
Which model from Hyundai can be considered as 'aggressively' priced? None. But there are models from others like Fiat, VW, Ford, Maruti and Tata, that are priced to attract buyers. Considering the prices of i20, Verna, Accent or even i10, none of their cars' pricing will attract buyers, I think.

i10 is overpriced for its size. Sells well because there was not much alternative for Maruti.
i20 is VFM only when it is compared to Jazz.
Verna is overpriced, and is loosing its initial steam.
Accent, the most out-dated car from Hyundai, is still priced at 4.99L!
romeomidhun is online now  
Old 6th April 2010, 21:47   #197
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

The top end version does not look that overpriced and with airbags+abs,integrated stereo a whole new platform and loads of interior space it looks quite VFM.
avishar is offline  
Old 6th April 2010, 23:00   #198
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,167
Thanked: 850 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
i10 is overpriced for its size. Sells well because there was not much alternative for Maruti.
i20 is VFM only when it is compared to Jazz.
I don't quite agree here.The i10 is a fantastic car and sells by its own virtue,not because of lack of alternatives from Maruti.Its not exactly overpriced.

Regarding the i20,its quite VFM considering the fact that it comes loaded to the gills.Alloys,airbags,climate control,ABS and the works come as standard on the top end Asta and you can even opt for 6 airbags! The only downside is the smallish 1.2L mill.1.4 Automatic and CRDi is a bit bit pricey but you also have the Polo diesel touching 7 lakhs INR.
AyAn! is offline  
Old 6th April 2010, 23:31   #199
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,426 Times
Default

1) Overpriced ? I dont think so. If Hyundai can get price i10 so high, then I think the pricing of this latest generation Wagon R is good enough. I appreciate that Suzuki has not launched the third generation car and decided to bring in the latest. Ford has given us an old generation car in the form of Figo.

2) Wagon R has sold till date because of its virtues and not just wrong image like Hyundai i10. Wagon R is a practical car, one that is space efficient, offers good visibility that many modern cars does fail to offer, is cheap to buy, own, run and maintain. This 4th gen car will surely offer better road handling and ride than the current second generation car.

What I am against is the K10B being plonked into this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
I don't quite agree here.The i10 is a fantastic car and sells by its own virtue,not because of lack of alternatives from Maruti.Its not exactly overpriced.

Regarding the i20,its quite VFM considering the fact that it comes loaded to the gills.Alloys,airbags,climate control,ABS and the works come as standard on the top end Asta and you can even opt for 6 airbags! The only downside is the smallish 1.2L mill.1.4 Automatic and CRDi is a bit bit pricey but you also have the Polo diesel touching 7 lakhs INR.
3) Hyundai i10 is not that fantastic a car. The ride quickly becomes unsettled, high speed stability is not good. What is offers is somewhat good quality interiors and just about decent space. It sells because it is a change from monotonous Maruti cars.

4) i20 had issues regarding some ECU rubber part, the compressor in 1.2 was lifted from i10 1.2 so ac not cooling well complains and some steering or suspension related issue. Not exactly what we call a good car at a given price. As compared to Polo or GP, i20 does not ride or handle as well, and most importantly it lacks the real feel of so called premium hatch.
aaggoswami is offline  
Old 7th April 2010, 11:29   #200
Senior - BHPian
 
longhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

I think we can expect more goodies in the Vxi (ICE & rear wipers) as compared to the current WagonR. That could be the reason for the higher diifence between Lxi and Vxi. Vxi ABS @ 4 lakh ex showromm Delhi would be a good deal. .


@ Sidindica & GTO - I'm waiting for this thread :-)

All New Maruti Suzuki WagonR - Test Drive And Review

Last edited by longhorn : 7th April 2010 at 11:34.
longhorn is offline  
Old 7th April 2010, 12:34   #201
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,947
Thanked: 16,638 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
3) Hyundai i10 is not that fantastic a car. The ride quickly becomes unsettled, high speed stability is not good. What is offers is somewhat good quality interiors and just about decent space. It sells because it is a change from monotonous Maruti cars.
While i10 may be a getting old compared to newer and better priced competition, it really was a game changer when it came out!

With somewhat higher prices, you get a car that feels a lot richer than the WagonR. Heck, i have even felt that the interiors of the WagonR feels like a small truck compared to the interiors of the i10! This is one area Maruti really needs to improve on!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline  
Old 7th April 2010, 12:42   #202
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,627
Thanked: 1,878 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
I don't quite agree here.The i10 is a fantastic car and sells by its own virtue,not because of lack of alternatives from Maruti.Its not exactly overpriced.
For me, i10, a toyish looking car, is overpriced considering its size. That is what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Regarding the i20,its quite VFM considering the fact that it comes loaded to the gills.Alloys,airbags,climate control,ABS and the works come as standard on the top end Asta and you can even opt for 6 airbags! The only downside is the smallish 1.2L mill.1.4 Automatic and CRDi is a bit bit pricey but you also have the Polo diesel touching 7 lakhs INR.
All these goodies come in the higher end model, and that touches 6L ex-showroom, not in the 4.8 Lakh base model! After all, it is a Hyundai hatch!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th April 2010 at 12:49.
romeomidhun is online now  
Old 7th April 2010, 14:50   #203
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,699
Thanked: 1,485 Times
Default

romeomidhun, please note that CrAzY dRiVeR's got a WagonR.

Yet he is accepting that i10 id better than WagonR. Regarding the vfm of WagonR vis-a-vis i10, please compare the feature of both the cars, rather than being emotional over a particular product.
Neither the Suzukis or anybody from Hyundai management are related to you, me, romeomidhun or most other forum members.

Try to understand the rationale of what others might be suggesting/ discussing for the new model. It would definitely help you buying the best car for yourself.
CARDEEP is offline  
Old 7th April 2010, 15:18   #204
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,627
Thanked: 1,878 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
romeomidhun, please note that CrAzY dRiVeR's got a WagonR.

Yet he is accepting that i10 id better than WagonR. Regarding the vfm of WagonR vis-a-vis i10, please compare the feature of both the cars, rather than being emotional over a particular product.
Neither the Suzukis or anybody from Hyundai management are related to you, me, romeomidhun or most other forum members.

Try to understand the rationale of what others might be suggesting/ discussing for the new model. It would definitely help you buying the best car for yourself.
Instead of being a Hyundai's advocate and jumping to every topic and suggesting a Hyundai for anyone, better you read my earlier posts in this same topic and see how I lamented the new Wagon-R's expected pricing. What I suggested was 'not to make the new Wagon-R a pricey non-VFM car'. Also I mentioned that 'i10 is overpriced considering its size', not interiors.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th April 2010 at 15:19.
romeomidhun is online now  
Old 7th April 2010, 15:33   #205
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,699
Thanked: 1,485 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Instead of being a Hyundai's advocate and jumping to every topic and suggesting a Hyundai for anyone, better you read my earlier posts in this same topic and see how I lamented the new Wagon-R's expected pricing. What I suggested was 'not to make the new Wagon-R a pricey non-VFM car'. Also I mentioned that 'i10 is overpriced considering its size', not interiors.
That was rude, but anyway I have noted your comments.

Even I am wondering in which of my post I have taken side for Hyundai, or any other manufacturer, except Tata in latest Nano fire incident. In fact, I am yet to recommend Hyundai to every Tom, Dick & Harry (& for your knowledge that's a English proverb, not the name of c-grade Hindi film). If you have any knowledge of my such post please bring it to my knowledge, so that I can apologise for my comments.

Regarding the space in i10 or WagonR, which I understand is the interior space, as far as I have observed i10 has more space than WagonR, except the headroom. Could you please enlighten me with your analysis of the same?
CARDEEP is offline  
Old 7th April 2010, 15:58   #206
BHPian
 
designersf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 602
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

+1 romeomidhun. Even I agree that the i10 is overpriced. In fact, the Verna is almost dead while the i20 though overpriced, is selling well. I got info that the i20 currently sold in India is a re-engineered version of the European model with lesser structural strength. Hyundai is marketing the Indian model with a 5-Star EuroNCAP rating which it actually isnt. Hyundai is making a lot of profits from selling the 'compromised' i20 in India at a higher cost.
designersf is offline  
Old 7th April 2010, 16:01   #207
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 113
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Please stop

Guys, can you please stop this. There is no point in fighting over it. The fact is every car has its pros and cons, and we as a consumer should accept the cons along with the pros. And all customers have different requirements and there is not just ONE product that will suffice his requirement perfectly.

So be it Hyundai or Maruti or any other car manufacturer, please don't fight over products of these manufacturer. Just acknowledge the product, its pros and cons. Period. Remember GTO unbiased review - that is why the review is so good.
erohit is offline  
Old 7th April 2010, 17:55   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,167
Thanked: 850 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1)
As compared to Polo or GP, i20 does not ride or handle as well, and most importantly it lacks the real feel of so called premium hatch.
The USP of the i20 is its premium hatch and big car feel.Check out the new Asta with built-in turn indicators on the ORVMs and brushed aluminum trim on the dash.Lovely details like that speak volumes about i20's claim as a premium hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
All these goodies come in the higher end model, and that touches 6L ex-showroom, not in the 4.8 Lakh base model! After all, it is a Hyundai hatch!
That ain't too bad.Especially when compared to the cramped Swift Vxi pegged at 4.7 lakhs.
AyAn! is offline  
Old 10th April 2010, 12:00   #209
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,705
Thanked: 3,845 Times
Default

Mr. A- "training on from Monday, launch on 23rd."
sidindica is offline  
Old 10th April 2010, 12:33   #210
Senior - BHPian
 
longhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Mr. A- "training on from Monday, launch on 23rd."
Will this be replacing the current WagonR or will they be selling both side by side?
longhorn is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15 chetans The Indian Car Scene 299 6th October 2009 11:56
New Safari Dicor - 2.2 ltr (Scoop: Brochure on page 104) SUV The Indian Car Scene 1634 4th October 2007 11:44
Bangalore Autowali....A friend of mine clicked this pic. nevertouchme Street Experiences 31 31st May 2007 13:34
Some pics i clicked while at the Ford dealer benbsb29 Shifting gears 9 11th April 2007 10:27
Ford Fusion clicked in Chennai Rtech The Indian Car Scene 3 29th July 2004 18:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks