Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 11th April 2010, 22:50   #406
BHPian

Default Imported Sahab

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Haha.. This was good. Seems to come back to the point that we (Indian's) still have a "foreign" (vilayat) fetish. "Imported Saar". Doesn't matter whether it came from China, "imported hai saar".
HAha... This is even better. seems to come only from people sitting in Vilayat

Nice observation, Imported Sahib.

God bless.....
soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 23:04   #407
BHPian

Unhappy major snag on a minor car

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Quite possible, a minor snag blown out of proportions. But still catching fire is something dangerous.
Its not a minor snag and I don't think its blown out of proportion.

Like many other issues, we are all having a healthly debate and the issue is being discussed thread bare, Thanks to this platform called TEAM-BHP. Where else could anyone have such a discussion. Surely no Auto Mag or Newspaper would give you the correct picture because of their vested interests.
So lets all make the best use of it.

God bless.....
soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 07:05   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post
God bless.....
See, you just proved my point, people being jealous now. Come on, you'd have to try harder than that.
Come on, why don't you rather try and answer the question that airbender asked you, I still see that you been dodging that. Well I guess, once one says that the Nano could have caught fire because of something being wrong with the front tyre, it's hard to get one's foot out from you know where.

Like vinaydas mentioned, the fire can be a QC issue(quite probable), or like Greehorn mentioned it might even be sabotage at the extreme. Fire is indeed a very serious hazard, and make no mistake, Tata will try and get to the root of it.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 09:57   #409
Senior - BHPian

Just read in TOI today that the gentleman who took delivery of his NANO from Concorde motors (the one which burst into flames whilst being driven home) has decided to file up with the consumer court and demand a compensation of 15 Lakhs additionally to the 2.25 L cheque he received from the dealer/TATA Motors.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 10:24   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Just read in TOI today that the gentleman who took delivery of his NANO from Concorde motors (the one which burst into flames whilst being driven home) has decided to file up with the consumer court and demand a compensation of 15 Lakhs additionally to the 2.25 L cheque he received from the dealer/TATA Motors.
Yeah, read this too. I fully support him, but I believe he should have asked for 15 Crores.
TATA must be taught a lesson that they cannot deliver sub-standard quality, vehicle after vehicle, year after year. They must be made to pay (through the nose) for what could have cost his and his family's lives.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 10:33   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Foreign Fetish: Cheer girls in IPL one good example for this.

I strongly believe indians suffer from foreign fetish.

Doesn't matter whether it came from China(or even pakistan)
Hehe, we have foreign cheer girls in IPL because they are easier to purchase . And you are sadly mistaken about the foreign fetish thing. It might have been true 15 or 20 years ago when "going abroad" used to be a big deal. Indians have become a lot smarter since then. Now its all about "value for money", irrespective of the "made in ......" label.

And with respect to the issue at hand, that of Nano, most of Tata bashing is coming from those who want to see things improve. It doesn't matter if there have been millions of recalls by big manufacturers. We want Tata to do better than them. Another thing that pains us is that Tata is no newcomer to the car scene in India. The least we can expect from a company that we want to see grow is for it to learn from its mistakes. And i am not talking about just the Nano here.

Anyway, i think this thread should be locked until something material is announced officially.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 12:30   #412
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Yeah, read this too. I fully support him, but I believe he should have asked for 15 Crores.
TATA must be taught a lesson that they cannot deliver sub-standard quality, vehicle after vehicle, year after year. They must be made to pay (through the nose) for what could have cost his and his family's lives.
These 15 Crores you will help finance when buying another Tata.

Teaching a lesson is usually done a different way. If you or anyone else doesn't like the product for whatever reason, why wanting to buy it?
CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 12:50   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Lamborghinis catch fire regularly - wreckedexotics.com is full of pics of Murcielagos & Gallardos on fire. And no, they caught fire not when there were screaming across the landscape at 300 km/hr - but when cruising in the city.

lamborghini fire - Google Search

I think Tata must have hired a few engineers from Lamborghini.
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 14:39   #414
BHPian

Default Nano cancellations/declining demand

I had booked a Nano LX for my wife and then cancelled it as the delivery date was end of 2010. I just got a call from a Tata dealer on Friday saying if I want he can get me a Nano in about 45 days with my choice of color and trim to be registered as the first buyer.
Is it the fire effect????
ssingri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 17:17   #415
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
I had booked a Nano LX for my wife and then cancelled it as the delivery date was end of 2010. I just got a call from a Tata dealer on Friday saying if I want he can get me a Nano in about 45 days with my choice of color and trim to be registered as the first buyer.
Is it the fire effect????
Of course it is.

Something has burnt a whole in their pocket and they want to get your money.
CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 17:31   #416
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised to see few people trivalising the whole issue. To me this is unpardonable QC. If Tata thought families riding precariously on two wheelers will shift to four wheeler if you offer them a low cost low quality solution he is wrong. You can buy two well maintained used Zens for the price of a high end Nano. The actual issue with them is the cost of fuel which Nano is not able to address with mileage of 20. Yesterday I saw a nano on road and it was growling and vibrating like a Tata Ace. I shuddered at the thought of going on a long drive in such a car.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 19:25   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post

All the best to him. Also, all the best to all those fighting honda's, BMW's, Skoda's and Toyota's.

Quote:
Can you quote an single example of anyone getting so much compansation in India. Not even in Bhopal Gas tragedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I am surprised to see few people trivalising the whole issue.
I believe everyone on this thread are passing the same message that is Tata's should take care of the issue. There is always a right way and a wrong way of doing it. Only some seem to do it the right way. Many are using this issue to settle one's ego's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Hehe, we have foreign cheer girls in IPL because they are easier to purchase . And you are sadly mistaken about the foreign fetish thing.
Sorry mate I do not agree with you. Our bollywood dancers are lot more easier to purchase. A lot lot cheaper and are better dancers too.

Last edited by airbender : 12th April 2010 at 19:39.
airbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 19:38   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Earlier in 2008-09 for the Nano, Singur and Controversy were keywords .
Now for 2010 its Fire, Fire and Fire.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 19:52   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post

God bless.....
Why am I not surprised that this is coming from soccer? Dude, you are so predictable. Instead of supporting your previous irresponsible statements you post one more. Thanks to this platform called TEAM-BHP, where people like you can be answered right on the tooth.

I am happy to be called a Non Resident Indian than a Resident non Indian(there are a few).

Last edited by airbender : 12th April 2010 at 19:58.
airbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 19:53   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I fully support him, but I believe he should have asked for 15 Crores.
I can't recall of anyone being awarded that amount of compensation either. India isn't US where you sue people for damages in millions, and that too $$$...you barely get any compensation to speak of, that is to say, if you manage to get the court to give a judgment on your case.

I remember some returning TATA customer on these forums moving to Supreme Court after being disappointed by Consumer Courts, many years of struggle, and all the court decided was that Tata should repair the vehicle to the satisfaction of it's senior-most engineer. Not even compensation to cover fee of the lawyer etc. etc....

IMO, I don't think judiciary is isolated from the corruption bug that's widespread in bureaucracy and legislative... :((
anku94 is offline   Reply With Quote