Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 18:28   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
why! why! why! Hyundai, why should you discontinue 6 air bags in the top diesel model? I know probably you did not sell even a single model but things are bound to change, people will notice that you have 6 air bags in your top model and will come back ultimately. I am really sad for this. Or am I wrong, the top model did not have 6 air-bags in the first place? Sigh...

I bought the first one! And i can show you quite a few more of them!
JayD is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 18:30   #167
BHPian
 
A350XWB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BLR/FRA/STR
Posts: 791
Thanked: 526 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
why! why! why! Hyundai, why should you discontinue 6 air bags in the top diesel model? I know probably you did not sell even a single model but things are bound to change, people will notice that you have 6 air bags in your top model and will come back ultimately. I am really sad for this. Or am I wrong, the top model did not have 6 air-bags in the first place? Sigh...
I checked the Hyundai website and the Asta(O) is no more available in diesel. Really bad, but wait.... bad for maybe 0.0000000001% of buyers in India? I don't see why Hyundai should even offer it in any model for that matter. Flame me, but in this forum itself, we have comments that i20 is overpriced. Include the safety features and increase the price on an already overpriced car? Every other car manufacturer has understood the Indian market, which is not yet ready to pay for safety. Then why should they have a model which sells maybe 1 or 2 a year? Even in this forum, I wonder how many have bought the Asta(O).
A350XWB is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 21:57   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 64
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
@ Manu

What is your opinion on silver console of the HU?
I quite like it. Goes well with the overall scheme of things...
manu is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 22:11   #169
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 64
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I checked the Hyundai website and the Asta(O) is no more available in diesel. Really bad, but wait.... bad for maybe 0.0000000001% of buyers in India? I don't see why Hyundai should even offer it in any model for that matter. Flame me, but in this forum itself, we have comments that i20 is overpriced. Include the safety features and increase the price on an already overpriced car? Every other car manufacturer has understood the Indian market, which is not yet ready to pay for safety. Then why should they have a model which sells maybe 1 or 2 a year? Even in this forum, I wonder how many have bought the Asta(O).
That is so true! Even I did not get an Asta (O), although one reason was that the wait for an (O) was about 1 month! Or thats what the sales folks said - to make sure that I would buy their best selling asta model.
Or is that just an excuse from my side?
manu is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 22:19   #170
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 64
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Manu,

I have a similar problem in my verna. The problem is due to a rubber button which is attached to bonnet door which when closed will push a button (similar to the button found in old fridges for lights to burn when door is opened). The part is a very small one is usually lost during service. Have not been able to source the replacement for close to 2 months now.
The car will not blink when locked as the button in the bonnet is not pressed and so the system assumes that bonnet door is still open. The doors stay locked though. Should not have any issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
That part is called a door pin switch (or something like that). I had a similar trouble (in my 10 year old Mazda though) that the contacts were worn off, and in late night/midnight, the car alarm would start blaring (and cops would come bangign our door!). Same thing can happen (minus the cops in India) to you! So get that thing fixed ASAP.
Thanks DWind, blackasta.
The rubber button was not aligned properly with the switch, minor adjustment of the switch set the matters right. My new Asta's burgler alarm is now arming properly!
manu is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 22:49   #171
BHPian
 
car-dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 132
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

hey manu, why dont you put up a detailed review of the new i20. i dont think there is any in the forum yet.
car-dent is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 23:07   #172
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 64
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
hey manu, why dont you put up a detailed review of the new i20. i dont think there is any in the forum yet.
Sure, will put one up soon. And will highlight the differences with the earlier i20.

I have read that the car is supposed to be more fuel efficient now, but I dont know if thats only for the diesel or petrol as well. I dont think they tuned the engine.

Last edited by manu : 9th April 2010 at 23:09.
manu is offline  
Old 10th April 2010, 01:56   #173
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 278 Times
Default

I saw the new i20 at an Accessories shop in Lajpat Nagar. The Chrome Grille was awful on the Silver i20. I'm waiting to see how good it looks on White as I plan to get the same for my old i20.
tsk13 is offline  
Old 10th April 2010, 02:04   #174
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,468
Thanked: 19,375 Times
Default

This is getting a bit lame from Hyundai now.

Whenever they want to launch a new variant they introduce some decent features but completely screw up the aesthetics.

The silver centre panel and the silver audio unit and now with the chrome grille look atrocious.

They have been doing this fairly regularly. The getz facelift made it look better but they decided to add beige and fake wood dash which messed it up completely.

The verna was decent till they got that godawful chrome grille and that disgusting chrome strip on the side.

Looks like next in line will be the i10 to get chromefied by Hyundai.
Vid6639 is offline  
Old 10th April 2010, 02:33   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,776
Thanked: 955 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
This is getting a bit lame from Hyundai now.

Whenever they want to launch a new variant they introduce some decent features but completely screw up the aesthetics.

The silver centre panel and the silver audio unit and now with the chrome grille look atrocious.

They have been doing this fairly regularly. The getz facelift made it look better but they decided to add beige and fake wood dash which messed it up completely.

The verna was decent till they got that godawful chrome grille and that disgusting chrome strip on the side.

Looks like next in line will be the i10 to get chromefied by Hyundai.

I do not like all that chrome personally too - but when I see cars from Altos to Civics wrapped in chrome all around , I think hyundai made a correct decision from a market POV, ignoring the aesthetics POV. Same case as Swift Dzire.
blackasta is online now  
Old 10th April 2010, 20:47   #176
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,705
Thanked: 3,845 Times
Default

from the brochure:
  • ABS with rear disc has been discontinued in magna CRDI.
  • asta with 6 airbags and sunroof deleted from crdi and automatic, but standard on 1.2.
Attached Thumbnails
New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details-untitled1.jpg  

sidindica is online now  
Old 10th April 2010, 21:44   #177
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 111
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

i20 prices updated at the site
carbhp is offline  
Old 10th April 2010, 21:46   #178
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 111
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
from the brochure:
  • ABS with rear disc has been discontinued in magna CRDI.
  • asta with 6 airbags and sunroof deleted from crdi and automatic, but standard on 1.2.
Thanks sidindica, none of the showroom has the updated brochure.
carbhp is offline  
Old 10th April 2010, 21:53   #179
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: EU - Nordic
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 953 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post
Are these for the petrol versions only? The CRDI prices don't seem to be updated yet.
StarrySky is online now  
Old 11th April 2010, 04:44   #180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 609
Thanked: 654 Times
Default

A bit weird - They have 2 "Sportz" versions - the "option pack" where you opt for smaller tires is a wee bit cheaper. I would have guessed they would have named the one with the bigger tires as "option pack"

And I wonder if India is the only market where cars are sold with only 1 airbag i.e. the driver side one. Zen Estilo, Spark, the older CRV and now the "Sportz" - all these have/had only driver side airbags. Is this pretty much a India specific feature or have the readers seen it elsewhere too?

Last edited by invidious : 11th April 2010 at 04:51.
invidious is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM applies for patent of its new 9 speed automatic transmission-full details sidindica The International Automotive Scene 7 30th September 2012 09:34
EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features . sidindica The Indian Car Scene 670 21st May 2011 03:51
Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18 FlyingSpur The Indian Car Scene 526 12th October 2010 00:51
Fiat Punto BS4-New petrol variants added-details and prices sidindica The Indian Car Scene 68 31st March 2010 15:20
New W212 Mercedes E Class and upcoming models from Mercedes India - Full details sidindica The Indian Car Scene 12 25th September 2009 15:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks