Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th March 2010, 17:19   #16
BHPian

this was called the 1st SIAM HR Conclave (hel in New Delhi in Mid feb 2010), where, other OEMs shared their television advertisments during the break time, but FIAT used this ppt with some still images..was very nice.
nick17s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 17:28   #17
BHPian

Default How do I apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
I work for the "Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers" buddy,

ANY openings there in SIAM (See how I have stressed 'any'?)

Can settle for ARAI also - if anybody shows me the way in!!
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 17:48   #18
BHPian

lol !! no openings in SIAM right now, you can check at the ARAI website for their openings mate..good luck for that..I would suggest you to join some OEM instead, thats more glamorous..
Old 25th March 2010, 17:57   #19
ada
BHPian

You would be surprised at the professional shop floor set ups that most indian companies have now-a-days, be it automobile or appliances or any other, I'am sure tata maruti and others have equally good looking shop floors if not more.
ada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 18:06   #20
BHPian

yeah, all are HUGEEEEEE, i personally liked the Hyundai's..
Old 25th March 2010, 18:21   #21
BHPian

I have once been to TATA Motors factory in Jamshedpur, as part of the college industrial tour (2003). Jamshedpur plant does not make cars, but make lorries & transporters.

I stood beside the assembly line and saw huge lorries being integrated. Even there, the assembly line + other places was maintained very well. Though not as clean as the picture shown above.

I feel the above pictures were taken when this plant was first built.

Anyway I just love the way an entire vehicle gets integrated totally in a synchronized manner within the few minutes they travel in the assenbly line.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 18:46   #22
BHPian

honda shows its plant phographs on its website.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/about/download.aspx

Last edited by car-dent : 25th March 2010 at 18:47.
car-dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 02:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice photos and thanx for sharing. Looking at the production facility makes one want to invest in a FIAT!. I hope the company does well. These pics are sure an image booster for the company and i appreciate their efforts!.
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 10:51   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I have personally visited the plant and spent about half a day having a look at everything in the Ranjangaon Plant. My replies in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
The thing that impressed me is the cleanliness of the factory floor. Do you have pictures of the Tata Manza assembly line as well?

-Pratim
It is very well maintained. The hospitality was up with the best, completely felt at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Nice pics, modern & well laid out factory!
But, the irony is the last pic - their neglected progeny (now rumoured to be phased out) rolling out the assembly line...
Finney, thats the shower test where both the UTAs and the older assembly line uses the same facility. The palio and indica are assembled in the older facility in the same campus.

"Production system UTA - United Technical Areas - 7 UTAs, one body shop and paint shop" - This is the Linea Punto and Manza assembly line

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Does Manza roll out of Ranjangaon? This means FIAT is going to be worried about how Manza does in the market

Yes, FIAT does have a stake in the Manza hence would be concerned.

Yes, the factory appears to be very spick and span - but, there appear to be very few people on the shop floor.

Its maintained very well. Even the Canteen Food was much much better than what I get at my current work place.

I am wondering what kind of plant my Palio rolled out from?

The palio was being rolled out from the older assembly line not the same as Linea, Punto and Manza line

nick, this is the second thread, I guess, on plant visit to FIAT. Any idea how to go about it? Staying in Pune and owning a Palio, a visit will make my time in Pune memorable
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Does FIAT have two plants in India? What about the Ranjangaon Plant?
No 2 plants. But there are 2 different assembly lines. One for Linea, Punto and Manza, the other for the indica and Palio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
@ prabhu: cant comment on, "where Does Manza roll out"..i do not think that you will be allowed to go inside the factory mate..most probably you palio was manufactured in pune plant.

The Manza, Linea, Punto, Palio and Indica are made at the Ranjangaon Plant (Pune). I now guess that a part of Manza's production is shifted to Pimpri plant to ensure the demand is met or rather the production constraint is nullified.

@anupam: right now, these are the only ones I have..

@ ms001: I work for the "Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers" buddy, I have been to Hyundai (chennai), Maruti (gurgaon, haryana) and Honda (greater noida, U.P) plants, however, using a camera on the production shop was prohibited..These fiat pics were used to a public presentation, that is why I have posted.

As far as I am aware, photography is prohibited on the assembly lines or the shop floor
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Really impressive & I appreciate you for sharing with us. Hope Fiat atleast shows these to customers; this should be even cleaner than a star hotel man. Sorry, can't stop commenting on the cleanliness.
Yes the factory is maintained very well. My room is also not maintained that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Nice photos and thanx for sharing. Looking at the production facility makes one want to invest in a FIAT!. I hope the company does well. These pics are sure an image booster for the company and i appreciate their efforts!.
IMHO, FIAT should actually publish a big news paper ads on the capabilities, plants photos, anything and everything that is can published. Atleast people will be aware that FIAT is still here and there for a very good reason.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 10:55   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I have personally visited the plant and spent about half a day having a look at everything in the Ranjangaon Plant.
You lucky!! How did you get a chance to visit the plant?
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 10:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Nice pics, I guess you must have serious contacts to get pics of a facility where cameras are not usually allowed.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 11:14   #27
BHPian

Nics pic and it's good to see that plant is being maintained well.
do you have idea on how Linea, Punto and palio are manufactured in a day?
Sudan_NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 11:44   #28
BHPian

@pramod: these images are a part of a public presentation made for an event held in delhi..
Old 26th March 2010, 11:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Nice pics, modern & well laid out factory!
But, the irony is the last pic - their neglected progeny (now rumoured to be phased out) rolling out the assembly line...
Where is the quality control dept? That will be very interesting to see.
Ajay_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 12:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Where is the quality control dept? That will be very interesting to see.
Then you would like see the Sales, Finance & HR department too.
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote