Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 20th June 2011, 11:55   #1786
Senior - BHPian

Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Probably we will get all the Figo's colors plus the blue that you have seen in the promos.
The Monterey Grey from the US spec looks nice. We will get the confirmation on colors only after the launch?

Quote:
To tell you the truth, Most Indians do love the beige interiors but i have 2 beige interior cars and its a nightmare to maintain them even with regular cleaning.
Thats true! That was one of the reasons why I took the S over the conventional Fiesta
Old 20th June 2011, 12:00   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
It looks like the launch is delayed because of the pricing dilemma.
Really?

Just look at your pricing structure for the Figo, Ford!, and watch the cars fly off the shelves!
Old 20th June 2011, 12:24   #1788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
This might be a bit too early to ask, but what are the color options on the cards for the New Fiesta?

There are some interesting colors in the US variants and am wondering if we could get any of those.
I recently saw a Fiesta in red and one in Figo's lime green colour too! I really liked the beige on one of the reviews too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Is there any talk of beige color interior option? This is a must as there would be those buyers who will switch to Verna/ANHC/Vento just for this reason.
Quote:
To tell you the truth, Most Indians do love the beige interiors but i have 2 beige interior cars and its a nightmare to maintain them even with regular cleaning.
Exactly! My dad's ANHC with the beige interiors requires so much care and attention to stay clean! And despite all our efforts, it comes back dirty from the service centre all the time And I personally feel, the all black interiors make the car look and feel sporty too, Cruze too switched to all black interiors recently. So in a way, it shows the driver centric nature of the car.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:38   #1789
BHPian

how about plonking the 1.5liter diesel in Figo and uprating the looks accordingly? Will be yummmy!
Old 20th June 2011, 12:51   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Exactly! My dad's ANHC with the beige interiors requires so much care and attention to stay clean! And despite all our efforts, it comes back dirty from the service centre all the time And I personally feel, the all black interiors make the car look and feel sporty too, Cruze too switched to all black interiors recently. So in a way, it shows the driver centric nature of the car.
True, beige interiors are difficult to maintain and many BHPians prefer the sporty black theme. But in order to appeal to the wider audience, who associate beige with luxury/upmarket feel, Ford should give the beige option.
Personally I prefer beige interiors (I am OK with the maintenance part) as it adds to the airy feeling of the cabin and makes one more cheerful.
Old 20th June 2011, 13:02   #1791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Petrol's more than the diesel(16l and 14l), as diesel apparently will not be getting an auto box, and petrol will have it as standard.
surprising, that there wont even be an option.
any body know about this?
AFAIK, more variants and trims are in pipe line and will be coming to India in future - may be 6 months down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
It looks like the launch is delayed because of the pricing dilemma.
Good Info man, Thanx. Looks like a killer pricing is in store. Ford would not be ready to give away the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
But the Verna matches or exceeds these figures(the 1.4 engines at least) with 17.43 km/l for the petrol and 23.5 km/l for the diesel. So can they legitimately continue claiming that they have class-leading FE?
I believe the claim for best FE is only for Diesel. 23.5 kmpl for Verna is for the 1.4L variant. Since both of them have the same mileage, I guess its OK for Ford to advertise the BEST in class FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
how about plonking the 1.5liter diesel in Figo and uprating the looks accordingly? Will be yummmy!
Knowing Ford, we can more or less expect a 1.6 Figo petrol & 1.5 Figo D. I had spotted a Figo with "different tail lamps" 6-7 months back in Chennai. The icing on the cake is with the 1.5L Figo D, they still can manage excise duty benefits. Hope they will bring these "S" versions soon.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th June 2011 at 13:04.
Old 20th June 2011, 13:20   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Question re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Upgrading the Figo with the existing classic engine of 1.6lts will straightway put the competetion to Polo and Fabia and I am sure will have many buyers. But then I guess it will kill the classic.

@Mustang - Will the Chennai plant produce 4 different engines: 1.2 and 1.4 for Figo, 1.5 for NFS and 1.6 for Classic. Will the production facility be capable of handling 4 engine trains.
Old 20th June 2011, 15:54   #1793
Senior - BHPian

The engine plant produces the 1.2 petrol, 1.4 diesel, 1.4 petrol (export), 1.5 petrol and diesel, and the 1.6 petrol too. It is of course capable now and would be expanded in future with the recent investment made.

The Chennai Ford factory is one of the few factories which have the capability to manufacture both petrol and diesels in the same line!
Old 20th June 2011, 20:31   #1794
Senior - BHPian

All-new Fiesta: Powerful car, classy looks, engaging experience | Driving Ford
Quote:
Bhupinder Singh Says:
June 20th, 2011 at 12:28 pm Hi guys the euphoria built around new Fiesta is almost dead now. And if ford doesnt launch it soon then many customers like me who are holding back buying a new car will definately buy some other car . I feel ford is just killing such a great product by delaying too much….
Quote:
Driving Ford Says:
June 20th, 2011 at 5:21 pm Hi Bhupinder, we will keep you posted around the launch. We are sure the wait will be worthwhile.
Ford reply to a customer's question which represents many of those here out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
the Team-BHP review of the Fiesta - hang in there

cya
R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

PS: TBHP review wait is even more painful now after Rehaan indicating that it will be up soon. Hope that soon is not in FORD language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Old 21st June 2011, 12:00   #1795
Team-BHP Support

Our detailed review of the new Fiesta has been uploaded here : Ford Fiesta Test Drive & Review (Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review)

Please continue the discussion in that thread.

Thread closed.

cya
R
Closed Thread