Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2011, 15:44   #991
Team-BHP Support

Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post

ANHC doesn't share even the front doors with the Jazz (Like Linea and Punto do) and one would not even think its derived from the hatch considering that it looks a proper sedan and that it has so much space inside and I think its a very good design work indeed. Wonder why you din't like it bro

I was referring to the 2nd Generation pre-facelift Honda City, the NHC. Not the ANHC. The all-new Honda City looks like it's been designed from scratch, although it does use the Jazz's chassis, albeit slightly tweaked.

The NHC borrowed almost everything from the old Jazz. The exterior was redesigned slightly, but everything else was a carry-over.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st April 2011 at 15:47.
Old 21st April 2011, 15:51   #992
BHPian

Just lazy to go through all the posts, is there any mention about Ground Clearance of NFS in this thread ?
Old 21st April 2011, 15:53   #993
Senior - BHPian

While most of us agree that boot is too high and looks bulky, I would like to point out that the lid opening itself must be one of the widest. It is deep and doesnt taper down towards the bottom as we see in many other boot lids. Doesn't add to aesthetics but makes the loading/unloading very easy.
Old 21st April 2011, 15:56   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

I was referring to the 2nd Generation pre-facelift Honda City, the NHC. Not the ANHC. The all-new Honda City looks like it's been designed from scratch, although it does use the Jazz's chassis, albeit slightly tweaked.

The NHC borrowed almost everything from the old Jazz. The exterior was redesigned slightly, but everything else was a carry-over.
Oh sorry, my bad

I thought they just shared the front doors and OVRMs on the exterior!
Old 21st April 2011, 17:18   #995
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
It does surely look new-age and modern.
But was wondering if the bumper was this long, how will the body in white look? I am asking because I know the boot will be part of body in white.
Then the bumper I guess should be an attachment to the rear, fitted from bottom side isnt it.

Additionally, wanted to know does Fiesta have a frontal impact bar, or is the crumple zone similar to the Figo , for safety reasons.
As I mentioned in Verna thread, one thing I noticed is that the headlamp cluster and the fog lamp cluster is slightly placed behind unlike Verna where it is in the front.
I did not get the 1st part of your response (i did not get the white color part), Bumpers are rivet attached to the car.

Fiesta has many crumple zones in the front. You can see a diagram at the Euro NCAP website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Looks swell, but that is a helluva big bumper! Imagine the cost of replacement, given that bumpers get bumped every now and then ?

On the one hand, we have Figo owners who complain of wafer-thin bumpers, and on the other we have the NFS owners with gigantic bumpers!
Bumpers do get bumped now and then but they are cheaper & easier to repair or replace than metal. More over small dents in plastic bumpers can be fixed by heating.

Quote:
Now this is a picture edited by me to include the quarter glass within the door shut line, how do you rate it with the original? to me it doesn't look better.
Attachment 533749

I think a large bumper has two advantages,
1. It reduces the possibility of damage to metal parts, which might be harder and more expensive to repair.
2. The huge plastic bumper, which reduces the sheet metal area would reduce a small amount of weight. Since this small amount gets reduced from the overhang portion, it enhances the dynamic abilities of the car and hence the small weight becomes significant now.
I agree with you on all points made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Somewhere I feel whether this thread is about "New Fiesta Sedan" or "How Mustang.101 can defend Ford after unveiling New Fiesta Sedan?"
well, in this context I'm defending Mustang.101, because I don't think NFS is that bad as people are trying to prove it by comparing with DZire!
Ah! I am not defending anything here, I was the first one to point out that I do not like the single reverse light, remember?

I am just here to clarify things for you guys and no one at ford has ordered me to do this, I do this on my own.

Quote:
This is my crude interpretation of what I have been trying to convey about the high belt line of the NFS.

Below is an original picture of the car
Attachment 533894

And here is an edited Fiesta, the belt line and trunk have been lowered, the separate quarter glass has bee eliminated and the rear wheel arch has been made a wee bit larger. Apologies for the quality, as this was done by using only MS Paint and not Photoshop.
Attachment 533895
I feel that the under-tyred look has vanished and the bulk of sheet metal at the rear feels lesser now But it looks a segment smaller too though

Thanks mayankk, actually its good to see that you don't mind the expanse of metal at all.
Sorry man but i think that after editing, the car has lost it's kinetic design. I am sure you won't mind me telling you this.

But you see pic no. 1 the car looks in motion, but in pic no. 2 the car looks like its standing still and is looking a bit dull.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 17:33   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

Sorry man but i think that after editing, the car has lost it's kinetic design. I am sure you won't mind me telling you this.

But you see pic no. 1 the car looks in motion, but in pic no. 2 the car looks like its standing still and is looking a bit dull.
Absolutely no prob boss. I was trying to drive home the point that modifying the new Fiesta to remove the under-tyred look the the mass of sheet metal that others were overwhelmingly bothered with, would result in it losing its up market kinetic styling. I had even mentioned that the car looks a segment smaller (read cheaper and less appealing). Hope guys understand that there is nothing so wrong in the Fiesta's design and stop criticizing it and most importantly, stop comparing with the Dezire's design work
Old 21st April 2011, 19:15   #997
BHPian

So much being said about boot integration, thought a little side by side look might throw some more light. So made a small pic with the four most debated cars:-

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-side.jpg

With the massive upward rake at the shoulder from front to rear, it must 've been a nightmare to design the boot. Rear glasshouse area is at a premium due to this, the boot gets a distinct upward tilt but the rear glass is pulled way down (compare with dzire's) to keep some rear visibility.

With a rear three quarter view:-

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-rear.jpg

The Fiesta looks more rounded than slender. The humongous bumper that makes tail lamps look smallish and all the plain area near C pillar makes the kinetic design look as if the motion started from the front, picking up volume and got accumulated near the rear, somehow remided me of a light bulb placed horizontally.

All this is no way a deal breaker (else the Dzire won't have ruled the sales charts), the features on offer in the Fiesta are very good and pricing is the key.
Delta Wing is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 21:36   #998
Senior - BHPian

@DeltaWing---those were indeed fabulous pics! All cars look sleek save the Dzire. IMO, the ANHC looks the sleekest from both angles. The NFS and the Vento have a slight hunchback on the side profile, but at acceptable levels.

The Dzire takes the cake at the worst-looking car, whatever the angle. Look at those tail-lights---even Tun Tun would pale in comparision!
Old 21st April 2011, 22:25   #999
BHPian

If the tail lamp cluster was little more wider vertically(the size in city or vento), it would have offset the stubbiness of the boot.

Delta wing : Excellent pictorial comparision! Thank you.
Old 21st April 2011, 23:01   #1000
BHPian

The rear bumpers though seeming huge, aren't protruding out much(Similar to the ANHC, Figo,etc..) So a small nick with a tree or post will result in a damage to the boot lid. I have learnt this costly lesson after my ANHC hit a tree at a very low speed while reversing out from the house
Old 22nd April 2011, 01:19   #1001
BHPian

Raised boot is good for bad roads with fully loaded at the rear.. boot is raised silmilar to ikon.. It may improve rear seat comfort also.. Let's wait and see..
Old 22nd April 2011, 08:55   #1002
BANNED

Quote:
The rear bumpers though seeming huge, aren't protruding out much(Similar to the ANHC, Figo,etc..) So a small nick with a tree or post will result in a damage to the boot lid. I have learnt this costly lesson after my ANHC hit a tree at a very low speed while reversing out from the house
That is why ford is providing parking sensors.
Old 22nd April 2011, 09:04   #1003
dot
Senior - BHPian

@Delta Wing, thats a very informative comparison. One can see four design philosophies in the one snapshot.

A muscular Euro-American - NFS
A functional and well formed Jap - ANHC
An Elegant Euro - VW Vento
A patch up job destroying an otherwise brilliant design -you know.
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:37   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
That is why ford is providing parking sensors.
Is that standard across all variants? I think it will probably be a standard fitment in the top spec model only.
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:39   #1005
BANNED

Quote:
Is that standard across all variants? I think it will probably be a standard fitment in the top spec model only.
You never know, it might be standard. Let's just wait for the official info, Parking sensors are relatively inexpensive though.
Closed Thread